ryan mathews

He's injury prone but I'm not too worried about that since he wouldn't be the main guy. Would be great to add to the RB squad imo.

@adamschefter

Signing LeGarrette Blount probably winds up sealing the deal on Ryan Mathews' departure from Eagles once he's healthy.

@pdomo

When Ryan Mathews was healthy, he was one of best short-yardage backs in the league. He converted 76.3 percent (58-76) of and-1 runs.

@spotrac

Releasing RB Ryan Mathews will clear $4M in cap space for the #Eagles, which covers Darren Sproles 2017 cap figure.

He's injury prone but I'm not too worried about that since he wouldn't be the main guy. Would be great to add to the RB squad imo.

@adamschefter

Signing LeGarrette Blount probably winds up sealing the deal on Ryan Mathews' departure from Eagles once he's healthy.

@pdomo

When Ryan Mathews was healthy, he was one of best short-yardage backs in the league. He converted 76.3 percent (58-76) of and-1 runs.

Would be better option than Tolbert for me carrying the rock.

Actually really like the idea. He excels in the one area that Shady struggles. The only sticking point is salary.

If, like seasons past, he gets injured, there's always JWill in reserve.

How much would you pay him? They balked at giving up much of anything for Gillislee, I would e disappointed if they were to invest very much in Matthews at this point

How much would you pay him? They balked at giving up much of anything for Gillislee, I would e disappointed if they were to invest very much in Matthews at this point

Honestly, I'm in the same boat. I guess, by using deductive reasoning, the team wouldn't be willing to give him more than the 2nd round tender price of $2.75m.

I'd probably low-ball him with maybe a $1.5m base salary, $250k signing bonus and maybe $31,250k per game active roster bonus (as injury safeguarding). Max value if he's healthy is $2.25m for the season.

Honestly, I'm in the same boat. I guess, by using deductive reasoning, the team wouldn't be willing to give him more than the 2nd round tender price of $2.75m.

I'd probably low-ball him with maybe a $1.5m base salary, $250k signing bonus and maybe $31,250k per game active roster bonus (as injury safeguarding). Max value if he's healthy is $2.25m for the season.

Reasonable

Whether he accepts that coming off a 3-year, $11m deal and a '17 cap hit of $5m is another matter entirely.

Do you see anyone lining up to give him more than 2.5? Blount scored more TDs than anyone in the league last year and he didn't even get that.

Do you see anyone lining up to give him more than 2.5? Blount scored more TDs than anyone in the league last year and he didn't even get that.

Probably not. Can't think of any situation around the league where he's walking into a significant role at this point.

I guess it depends on how realistic he is. He was a low-end functional starter for a while, what does his head/agent tell him now?

Probably not. Can't think of any situation around the league where he's walking into a significant role at this point.

I guess it depends on how realistic he is. He was a low-end functional starter for a while, what does his head/agent tell him now?

that LeShady is an alcoholic with hammy issues and he will get a chance to start some games but not be required to carry the load, eventually getting a big deal after a 1 year stint in this offense. Just look at Gillislee!

How's that

Edited by YoloinOhio

RB's should be lining up to play for us for free. we run the ball more than any other team. 1 year deal with us could lead to long term contract elsewhere

winning, you have done here.

well played

4 million?

....would be nice to see the UB kid make the squad....

yep. Would rather play that card at this point. at least get him to PS.

Really wonder what Coach thinks of JW before i would comment on spending money on any injury laden RB. i do not know much about Matthews though.

This would be a Whaley move, big name high draft pick, not necessary the right man for the job. But regardless I like it.

I have uncovered a Whaley apologist !!!! Secreting as a regular Fan.

Burn him !

Or see if he floats...