Buffalo News:90 man depth roster heading into practices.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/16/90-man-depth-chart-heading-spring-practices/

• Quarterback: 1. Tyrod Taylor. 2. T.J. Yates. 3. Cardale Jones. 4. Nathan Peterman. 5. Josh Woodrum.

Analysis: There has been plenty of talk about how every position on the roster is up for grabs, but the reality is it would take a significant injury for Taylor to lose his starting spot. The more interesting battles will come behind him. Can either Jones or Peterman push Yates for the backup job? Will it come down to Peterman or Jones for a roster spot as the third quarterback?

Unless Cardale lights the place up and clearly out plays Woodrum I think he is toast.

Going with 2 kickers frees up a spot for 3 QB's who will be TT,NP and TJ.

Woodrum to the PS and CJ cut.

Thats how I see it unfolding.

TJ Yates will be 2nd string I suspect. Coach McDermott will not want to go on a wing and a prayer at backup QB. Unless Jones is the second coming ofJoe Montana in camp and PS will be dumped in favor of Nate Peterpan. Woodrum is a camp arm.

This is mine:

1. Tyrod Taylor [/size]

2. Cardale Jones[/size]

3. Nathan Peterman[/size]

4. T.J. Yates (Will be Released)[/size]

5. Josh Woodrum(Will be Released)[/size]

Yep, I feel the same.

I can see that happening

Really? I don't see it.

Switch Yates and Cardale, and I see that as the most likely outcome. Not that I wouldn't love if Cardale could grab the #2 spot. I would.

IMO I just think he is so much farther behind Peterman in his development (even though this is his 2nd year here) that I can't see him beating him out, let alone both Peterman and Yates. I think Cardale's in for a big fight to even make this roster.

Having Tyrod, Peterman & Cardale (or Cardale and peterman) earn the top 3 spots would be what's best for the Bills future. So that's definitely what I'm rooting for.

Really? I don't see it.

Switch Yates and Cardale, and I see that as the most likely outcome. Not that I wouldn't love if Cardale could grab the #2 spot. I would.

IMO I just think he is so much farther behind Peterman in his development (even though this is his 2nd year here) that I can't see him beating him out, let alone both Peterman and Yates. I think Cardale's in for a big fight to even make this roster.

Having Tyrod, Peterman & Cardale (or Cardale and peterman) earn the top 3 spots would be what's best for the Bills future. So that's definitely what I'm rooting for.

My way of looking at is this regime has no ties to Cardale,if he hasn't progressed significantly he is gone.

My hope is that Jones and Peterman are good enough that they can cut Yates and keep both young guys on the roster.

That's two lottery tickets. Let's hope one is at least a $100 winner.

I am hoping a QB for another team goes down and Jones can be trading for future picks or defense help.

My hope is that Jones and Peterman are good enough that they can cut Yates and keep both young guys on the roster.

That's two lottery tickets. Let's hope one is at least a $100 winner.

Like I said this regime isn't tied to CJ

He could get cut to the PS or out right released.

If it's truly a competition (which I doubt) Yates is going to push to start. Physically there is not comparison between Tyrod and TJ...but Yates does the things that Tyrod won't do. Take chances, put the ball in playmakers hands, get the ball out quick and on time and give the guys a chance to catch and run. Yates has started and won playoff games. He knows this offense and he knows what a professional QB is supposed to do on each play. I'm not saying he will start, but if the coaches give him a chance...he's going to make it a tough decision

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

If it's truly a competition (which I doubt) Yates is going to push to start. Physically there is not comparison between Tyrod and TJ...but Yates does the things that Tyrod won't do. Take chances, put the ball in playmakers hands, get the ball out quick and on time and give the guys a chance to catch and run. Yates has started and won playoff games. He knows this offense and he knows what a professional QB is supposed to do on each play. I'm not saying he will start, but if the coaches give him a chance...he's going to make it a tough decision

Teams win games including playoff games.

He attended one game with Falcons.

He played in one game with Texans that I know of.

What are the other playoff GAMES? Or was that just exaggeration for affect?

Teams win games including playoff games.

He attended one game with Falcons.

He played in one game with Texans that I know of.

What are the other playoff GAMES? Or was that just exaggeration for affect?

he started with the Texans and won then lost in the 2nd round in a tough one to the Ravens. Wasn't his fault that they lost. I want to say that was the ravens Super Bowl year. Do you need him to have won more then 1 playoff game for this point? The Bills haven't won a single playoff game in the last 22 years.

Great one.

Jackie Gleason ?

Bucky and Sully.

No wonder Jerry is ascerbic

Would be great if it turned out they were the best 3, but either Jones or Peterman will be released most likely. Don't just assume it will be Jones either. He showed good intangibles last season to go along with his arm strength and size.

agreed Jone or Peterman. question is ? can either of them remain on the PS for a season without being picked up?

tough call at this point in time

:flirt: It will be interesting to see what happens :flirt::worthy: GO BUFFALO

I do like your attitude Son. :beer::thumbsup:

I hope they keep Nate and Cardale

me too. But because they have enough to warrant it. tough to push the vet off the team, i bet.

TC and preseason will decide which backup QBs stay.

I would guess Peterman and Cardale. Would be nice if Yates could stay in a coaching position to help with the new system.

Cardale on PS might be too risky to lose him.

Edited by ALF

so much faith in the Buffalo news roster definition.

They don't know any more then the rest of us could guess at.

Because you don't like their selections, so they couldn't possible be right.

I don't see Jones being on this roster. This regime would never have drafted him imho. Yates has ties to the WCO. Tyrod (who will be looking over his shoulder) Peterman and Yates will be the QB's

No way. Jones flat sucks and isn't ready for the NFL still. Peterman is light years ahead and so is Yates. Fans need to quit looking at arm strength.

I pretty much agree. Here's my guess...

Yates will win the #2 spot because of his experience and his knowledge of the offense. He'll be an extra coach in the QB room.

Peterman will be #3 because of his upside.

Jones and Woodrum will be released.

I pretty much agree. Here's my guess...

Yates will win the #2 spot because of his experience and his knowledge of the offense. He'll be an extra coach in the QB room.

Peterman will be #3 because of his upside.

Jones and Woodrum will be released.

I agree. Whaley did not have a good eye for QBs in his drafting. Very poor.