Peter King/MMQB: The Bills Begin... Again

Boy.....this really is interesting. They are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

I think there are 2 meanings to the word future here. The first one meaning the 2017 season and the other meaning long term.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy.....this really is interesting. They are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

i agree that they are. At the same time, I think are in a tough spot with the QB situation here being very unique. They can't be overly conmitted to TT until they see him in this offense and even then I think they know enough to think he's probably good enough for now, but probably not good enough forever...and they plan to draft their franchise QB next year but they can't say that. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree that they are. At the same time, I think are in a tough spot with the QB situation here being very unique. They can't be overly conmitted to TT until they see him in this offense and even then I think they know enough to think he's probably good enough for now, but probably not good enough forever...and they plan to draft their franchise QB next year but they can't say that.

I think this is spot on.

I think there are 2 meanings to the word future here. The first one meaning the 2017 season and the other meaning long term.

I can agree with this.

"MMQB: Is Buffalo’s quarterback of the future on the roster now?

McDermott: He is, in Tyrod Taylor. And then when you look at the competition we have behind him. We’ve drafted Nathan Peterman, we’ve added T.J. Yates, and then Cardale Jones in the draft a year ago. I’m not sure there is a team out there that has the depth that we do at the quarterback position. So we feel good about that. We’re anxious to see how Tyrod develops in his third year as a starter in a new system, a system that he has some familiarity with in terms of [new Buffalo offensive coordinator] Rick Dennison’s system in Baltimore a few years back with Gary Kubiak."

LOL.

here we go again... I'm hopeful but when I hear stupid quotes like this it screams more of the same. you are not a franchise QB until you prove without a doubt on the field you are a franchise QB

Peterman and Jones don't even qualify as depth yet because neither has done or shown squat in the NFL until they show some things I don't even consider them depth. Such a BS quote.. so tired of the charade

Edited by ddaryl

LOL.

here we go again... I'm hopeful but when I hear stupid quotes like this it screams more of the same. you are not a franchise QB until you prove without a doubt on the field you are a franchise QB

Peterman and Jones don't even qualify as depth yet because neither has done or shown squat in the NFL until they show some things I don't even consider them depth. Such a BS quote.. so tired of the charade

Your really gonna get upset over this coach speak?

The new managements actions of the next couple of years should be the barameter of what they are going to do not the coach speak in their initial interviews.

i agree that they are. At the same time, I think are in a tough spot with the QB situation here being very unique. They can't be overly conmitted to TT until they see him in this offense and even then I think they know enough to think he's probably good enough for now, but probably not good enough forever...and they plan to draft their franchise QB next year but they can't say that.

Agreed on both counts. Reporters and the like want to ask the questions to get commitments from them about where their position is regarding the QB, and we understand the reason for that, but McD and Beane simply aren't in the position to do that...I think they hope they can win some games and make it interesting, but not committing to TT and Sammy, along with some other contracts having a reasonable out after next year, puts them in "wait and see" approach...which as fans we don't like because it sounds like another lost season (and probably is when you consider all things) but it is the prudent and wise thing to do...it sucks, but we can't beholden the current regime, especially since it's been a near total reboot, to the prior 17 years of misery and failure.

LOL.

And again and again and again .................

It's so redundant here that I've been spending more time posting in Off the Wall.

Dareus is our best defensive player and will be making plays this year. He was in the wrong scheme last 2 years.

He was so drugged up and out of shape, he wasn't even in the right universe. Fat and useless doper.

Dareus is our best defensive player and will be making plays this year. He was in the wrong scheme last 2 years.

Hopefully he will get himself straight this year.

it seems simple enough to me.

Hope for Tyrod and be preparing for the drafting of a QB next year.

Both are smart things to consider

He was so drugged up and out of shape, he wasn't even in the right universe. Fat and useless doper.

Hopefully he will get himself straight this year.

This intrigues me no end Don.

are you suggesting there is more than one?

and How is it we know which one is the right one?

As compared to the left one ?

No wonder folks are diagnosed bi polar/

cant decide which one to put both feet into

QB Purgatory Part 2?

ducking for cover.