Carpet Experts

Dante

My wife and I changed work situation a couple years ago and are now working out of the house. Most of the house is hardwood but the bedrooms have carpet which has had the crap beat out of them since they get way more traffic. What is a good kind of carpet to buy that will hold up and still look decent? I want to get some sort of pattern to hide wear and tear better. I don't really want to get a commercial grade kind.

Something that matches the drapes.

No drapes in either room. Blinds. They are a kinda off white though. I don't want to match them the carpet would have to be to light.

Barely related, but might be helpful to someone.....we had a carpet cleaning guy come to our sales meeting and he brought gifts. Under each chair at the meeting he placed a spray bottle of 70% isopropyl alcohol. Dirt cheap from Kroger. We had been paying like $20/bottle for some fancy Johnson Chem Dry spot remover. But he was right! It had some chemicals in it that collected stuff so a stain came back in the same spot! Test a small spot, and don't blame me if it goes haywire, but it's worked great for us. Cheap stuff way better than the expensive stuff is always a good find.

Edited by Augie

I'm not an expert on carpet as I prefer waxed.

But when my parents redid a house they went cheap and planned to only live there 5-6 yrs. The carpet made iruntil 4. By year 8-9 it was worn to the mat.

If you have the money the ceramic tile that looks like wood is great, you can put a heater beneath to not have cold floors