Russ Brandon - keep him or fire him?

Russ Brandon - keep him or fire him?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Russ Brandon - keep him or fire him?

• Keep him
    • Fire him

Can anyone explain to me what Brandon's job actually entails, and how it impacts winning? Serious questions, I'd like to know. I hear a lot about him, good and bad, but I'm not sure what he actually does.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Boneheads ... Russ is business operations, and he does a good job. Your woes as a Bills fan have zero to do with the business end.

Sure, in the past he had a failed stint at football ops. But that is past, by several years.

He is more responsible for the drought than anyone else and you are going are going to insult people for wanting him gone. You are a !@#$ing tool.

Can anyone explain to me what Brandon's job actually entails, and how it impacts winning? Serious questions, I'd like to know. I hear a lot about him, good and bad, but I'm not sure what he actually does.

He stages publicity stunts to sell tickets and has no interest in winning a Super Bowl

I don't care how good of an advisor or marketer he is. I want anything with the stink of the last 17 years on it out of OBD.

Edited by JM57

He is more responsible for the drought than anyone else and you are going are going to insult people for wanting him gone. You are a !@#$ing tool.

How so? Drop the fake cursing and tell us, with actual fact and not assumptions/innuendo, how this is true.

He stages publicity stunts to sell tickets and has no interest in winning a Super Bowl

Right, so that's the "marketing" piece everyone always talks about. He's concerned with getting butts in seats. Seems like that's working well. I'm just trying to understand his connection to the product on the field.

As president of both clubs, he is doing a very good job. His job is solely to market the team and sell tickets nothing more. The GM on the other hand, scouts, handles the cap, and collaboratively works with the coach.

Edited by JTO

I don't care how good of an advisor or marketer he is. I want anything with the stink of the last 17 years on it out of OBD.

Does that include OBD itself? What about the name "Buffalo Bills"? New stadium? New city? Where do you draw the line?

i still don't understand why people get so upset when the bills market their team. i'm going to go out on a limb and say it's pretty common around the nfl.

Too bad this isn't in the "who's pissed off" thread.

he runs the business side of both teams and is a managing partner. He represents the Pegulas at a lot of league meetings and is involved with their hotel, restaurants, etc. as they have a lot of interests and ventures.

I would guess he wasnt much involved in creating the slogan.

As president of both clubs, he is doing a very good job. His job is solely to market the team and sell tickets nothing more. The GM on the other hand, scouts, handles the cap, and collaboratively works with the coach.

Pegula has said he's taking Russ' input as to who he should hire as GM

Pegula has said he's taking Russ' input as to who he should hire as GM

he actually said that he may go to him with questions as needed during the process. Russ knows a lot of people in both leagues - he likely has more insight on some of them than the Pegulas.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

How so? Drop the fake cursing and tell us, with actual fact and not assumptions/innuendo, how this is true.

Go !@#$ yourself.