Gary Barnidge visited the Bills May 3rd

Given the positive reports on O'Leary and the addition of Boldin, who will probably be TE-ish in how he's used, this potential signing is less important than it used to be.

I would still like to give Tyrod as many options as possible so there are no more questions regarding his long term viability as a starting QB. However, I wouldn't mind using cap space to find a RT worth a damn that could replace Mills. Safety depth is also concern there are a lot of question marks but I want to see them play in a preseason game first.

Edited by billieve420

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preseason games will determine if Thomas and O'Leary are the answer. If one is injured or struggles maybe Bills bring him in. Thought he would be in someone's camp by now? A little weird to me. The only thing that makes sense is he's not coming down from a certain contract number. Whatever that may be.

I would still like to give Tyrod as many options as possible so there are no more questions regarding his long term viability as a starting QB. However, I wouldn't mind using cap space to find a RT worth a damn that could replace Mills. Safety depth is also concern there are a lot of question marks but I want to see them play in a preseason game first.

Understandable re: giving Taylor options. Don't think we'll add to OT because we already traded up to draft Dawkins.

I'm not so certain with coaches comments about Clay's knee problem I still think they would like some insurance there.

Good point. Would probably need Clay to go down to warrant going harder for Barnidge though.

Boldin has a reputation as a very competent blocker I believe, correct?

That's my understanding. One of the reasons I've liked him for so long.

yes. I'd say he is better than Robert woods at doing so because she is able to get in to position and find the defender quite well. Woods got a little boxy in the hips but I imagine is quicker than bokdin

Preseason games will determine if Thomas and O'Leary are the answer. If one is injured or struggles maybe Bills bring him in. Thought he would be in someone's camp by now? A little weird to me. The only thing that makes sense is he's not coming down from a certain contract number. Whatever that may be.

It is possible that Barnidge just does not want to deal with training camp / early preseason games and figures he will get same size contract in August.

Yes on par with Robert Woods.

It is possible that Barnidge just does not want to deal with training camp / early preseason games and figures he will get same size contract in August.

I'd love to see Logan Thomas shine in the preseason to make his acquisition a moot point.