QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

all well and good.

however to express that you don't think it could be an expression of doubt of Taylor is.... (to be kind) nearsighted. the problem with shutting oneself off from possibilities is that chances are, you are going to be wrong.

thank you for the all worldly opinion, signed the middle schooler.

It could be, sure.

But you make it seem like it obviously is when it isn't.

All those explanations you replied to are reasonable.

Dude, just think of how much our last regime invested in a guy who's missed this many games in his first 3 years in the NFL?

You're acting like this all clearly goes back to Tyrod and calling other people nearsighted for not seeing that... kinda ridiculous.

so, if we are not being delusional,and if Watkins gets traded, it has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on Tyrod, says absolutely nothing about what they think of him. gotcha.

carry on wit your bad worldly self, nothing to see here in middle school land...

Has no bearing is different from what they think of him in this case I think.

It's going to impact Taylor

BUT

That doesn't mean Taylor would be part of that decision, which seems like it's going to be much more of a business decision than Football decision.

Sammy isn't getting traded this year so I don't understand the point of the discussion

And if that's the case, Foxx is saying that demonstrates faith in Tyrod...

strange days a comin...

thanks.

i really don't mean anything derogatory with my curt responses. at times, i just don't have the time for a better thought out response and yet still on other occasions, i am just tired of the back and forth. besides, i think you know me well enough to know that generally, once i have stated something i may state it once or twice thereafter but that is pretty much it. i don't see a whole lot of sense in repeating the same tired refrains over and over again. even though all refrains are essentially the same when you boil them down i suppose.

:shrug:

I got it. I don't really care. I don't think you're malicious in your posting the way some posters are, which is why I put up with you :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...sorry....still working my way through "See Spot Run"......see if your dog will take you for a walk.............

Your smart ass comments without reading what I was responding to, will always be called out. Had you read the post, I was stating an opinion of why the Bills might want to trade Watkins other than trading Watkins because Taylor because the Bills dont believe in him.

I simply posted a number of opinionated things thst could be. Nothing was stated as fact. If you had read that instead of fiddling with see spot run you might have figured that out.

Your smart ass comments without reading what I was responding to, will always be called out. Had you read the post, I was stating an opinion of why the Bills might want to trade Watkins other than trading Watkins because Taylor because the Bills dont believe in him.

I simply posted a number of opinionated things thst could be. Nothing was stated as fact. If you had read that instead of fiddling with see spot run you might have figured that out.

...as I said, go get your leash...the dog is waiting.....

...as I said, go get your leash...the dog is waiting.....

Sure thing thats about the ignorant response I anticipated from you and your high horse, based on you not following the thread, or not reading and immediately jumping in with a comment from left field. You must think you are über important..

The offense will be multi-dimensional this season, I'm confident of that. Whether both dimensions will be a threat is tougher to predict. If I'm Taylor I'm REALLY pissed if the Bills trade Watkins.

I'm sure Watkins has been pissed that his QB can't get him the ball more and utilize him beyond simple sideline routes and deep balls.

This guy will absolutely explode with a real passer throwing the football...it's a shame it will most likely be in another uniform.

Your entitled to your opinion

Yeah, I don't think Taylor had trouble getting the ball to Watkins. He played 13 games in 2015. I think he missed the games Manuel played. He had 60 receptions for over 1000 yards. in 2016 he played half a season, and he was hurting some of the time, and he still had 430 yards. That doesn't sound like his QB couldn't get him the ball. The year before is the year his QB couldn't get him the ball - that's when EJ was throwing to him.

If they trade Watkins before this season, it MAY mean they don't have confidence in Taylor, but what I think it really means is that there IS a general housecleaning coming. That McD really does want a total rebuild. If Watkins goes, he'll be the second, behind Gilmore, but ahead of some others who will go at the end of the season. I don't think that's happening, but it could be.

I think they're keeping Watkins for this season. If he's still injured, they may give up at the end of the season. But if he has his first big season, they re-sign or franchise him.

I'm sure Watkins has been pissed that his QB can't get him the ball more and utilize him beyond simple sideline routes and deep balls.

This guy will absolutely explode with a real passer throwing the football...it's a shame it will most likely be in another uniform.

Sammy played 19 total games with Taylor... and he was injured for a good number of them.

Despite that, in those 19 games, Sammy racked up 1400 yards despite leaving after his very first catch in the 1st Miami game last year and playing nearly half his other games injured.

If Sammy is traded, it's because we can get something for him and he's an injury waiting to happen or not even fully healed.

Tyrod is capable of being an excellent game manager who's also athletic enough to make plays. Is he a top 10 franchise guy?, No! But you give him a top 10 defense and a healthy 16 game Sammy and I guarantee you he could lead this team deep in the playoffs every year. Last year's we lost 1-2 games by poor kicking. 1-2 games by incompetent coaching. 1-2 games by a terrible defense. Clean that all up and Tyrod is more than capable.

nothing meant by it, DBFS'73. just an honest question.

the same equation does indeed apply to all sides, which really was my point.

the discussion is only good if it is enlightening.

;)

Shaw, they were suppositions to what the reason would be if Sammy is traded.

suppositions.....

I'm not sure where all the confusion came from.

Tyrod is capable of being an excellent game manager who's also athletic enough to make plays. Is he a top 10 franchise guy?, No! But you give him a top 10 defense and a healthy 16 game Sammy and I guarantee you he could lead this team deep in the playoffs every year. Last year's we lost 1-2 games by poor kicking. 1-2 games by incompetent coaching. 1-2 games by a terrible defense. Clean that all up and Tyrod is more than capable.

Amen

I'm very late to this discussion, and I admit I didn't read every response. So apologies in advance, if this has already been covered. 27 pages in, I expect this topic is probably been beaten to death by now, anyway.

The study by Fahey is a type of Content Analysis. But for a Content Analysis to be taken seriously as an evaluative tool, there needs to be more than one coder looking at the same content. The comparison of the coder's evaluations on the various data points, are then compared, to check for bias, mistakes and quite frankly, simply disagreements. The comparison is known as Intercoder Reliability. If the different coders disagree on the evaluation of too many data points, the study has a low intercoder reliability, and can be said to have limited value. I would argue, but some might disagree, if the intercoder reliability is 100% (or very close), the data probably wasn't very interesting to examine to begin with, or the coders shared a specific bias. Without the check of multiple coders, it's simply one guy looking at content variables, and giving his/her opinion.

With that said, I'd prefer an analysis by someone who carefully looks at data and has a very good record at evaluating the specific phenomenon, than someone who says "I know it when I see it", with no record in this area.

I want to bump this post

Edited by Figster

Another transplant about Tyrod. This should be an exciting rollercoaster.

I still say he's nothing more than a decent stop gap.

It's a regular crusade by him, his name should be in the title with how many posts and words he has put into his work in this thread. SMH

I agree with many, Tyrod is just not good enough and needs to be replaced if we are ever going to be a playoff team.

It could be argued that a lot of QBs could lead this team deep in the playoffs every year with a healthy Sammy Watkins and a top 10 defense.

All I said was if he was traded there were reasons that were likely other than they didnt believe in Tyrod, in my opinion.

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. You're right.

I thought you were saying these things were the case, but you clearly didn't say that. If they WERE true, then you're absolutely correct - plenty of non-Tyrod reasons that Watkins would be on the block.

Edited by Shaw66

I thought you were saying these things were the case, but you clearly didn't say that. If they WERE true, then you're absolutely correct - plenty of non-Tyrod reasons that Watkins would be on the block.

No worries. You are one of the better posters around here.

It's a regular crusade by him, his name should be in the title with how many posts and words he has put into his work in this thread. SMH

I agree with many, Tyrod is just not good enough and needs to be replaced if we are ever going to be a playoff team.

the irony of this post.

like you don't crusade...SMH

It could be argued that a lot of QBs could lead this team deep in the playoffs every year with a healthy Sammy Watkins and a top 10 defense.

and very persuasively.

again, i think you missed it entirely.

the suppositions were not presented as if true, suppositions are what could be.

there are a myriad of reasons as to what the impetus could be.

Yes, this is correct. I think the Bills have a pretty good team with, at best, an unproven QB. Sammy healthy and the defense playing well, Tyrod takes them to the playoffs, along with about 20 other QBs. That, in fact, is the strategy that many teams follow. Panthers, Ravens, Atlanta (although you can at least argue about Ryan being elite), Houston (with disastrous results so far), Atizona, Kansas City.

I think we all agree on one thing, and that is that the only way you can compete for the Super Bowl, year in and year out, is to have an elite QB. If you have one of those, you're in the fight every year. Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Ben, maybe Ryan. If you don't have one but you have one of the 20, you're trying to get everything to come together for a season or two. If you can, you can make a run at the Lombardi. In the meantime, everyone is looking for the elite QB.

The real debate here has been whether the Bills should be actively looking for someone better to replace Tyrod, because he's at the bottom of the 20, or should be actively building around him because he has the potential to be around the top of those 20.