QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

The offense will be multi-dimensional this season, I'm confident of that. Whether both dimensions will be a threat is tougher to predict. If I'm Taylor I'm REALLY pissed if the Bills trade Watkins.

.....yup....I am confident Dennison can make it happen.....if TT's ability to scan the entire field in time allotted and he struggles, then you design something quicker.....perhaps a WCO style, with play action, roll outs and utilizing the backfield more in the passing game....would love to see the TE spot be the consistent seam burner like Bflo gets constantly torched.....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like there ae some extenuating factors here bang....imo it looked like Roman was starting to incorporate a lot of "in gonna outsmart you" plays which defenses were not biting on......he was not using his fullback......etc etc you combine that with a defense that could not seem to stop anyone (sans the first game of the season....which we lost on missed field goals) and someone was made the sacrificial lamb

Lynn comes in......and it looks like he uses his fullback more and ditches the trick plays.....and the O starts playing better.

It is probably not as simple as all that....but this is what I saw with my naked eye

I saw the same

Lynne's offense was still Roman's offense. The same offense he ran when he had a good season in 2015.

True... but play calling sure can make a world of difference...

Throwing a high percentage 3 yard pass on 3rd and 2 rather than a 30 yard pass you might also feel confident in is the biggest difference between Lynn and Roman...

PS: Hello :flirt:

right, according to so many Tyrod supporters here, him missing was the reason why Taylor stunk last year. and if the rumor is true ... what does that say what they think about Tyrod.

What do you think it says?

You're really going into right field with this anti-Tyrod stuff... kinda strange considering the level-headed poster you typically are...

You're really going into right field with this anti-Tyrod stuff... kinda strange considering the level-headed poster you typically are...

you think a reasonable question on what the Bills must think of Tyrod if they trade away his best receiver is out in right field (is right field better than left field?) you may say that my thought is not well formed or expounded upon very well but not reasonable?? i think only if you consider Tyrod the heir apparent to Kelly that the thought must be threatening and therefore unreasonable. perhaps i am wrong?? whatever, i don't know if the rumor is true or not but i think it a reasonable question to ponder.

i think if they trade away Tyrod's best receiver it says that they really don't think much of his abilities. it prolly says something like, 'we know you need to be surrounded with the best players available in order to somewhat succeed. however, here's the thing ..., we don't want to just somewhat succeed, so we are going to make moves for the future when we will be drafting who we think will help us really succeed. at that point we will surround him with the best receivers we can obtain'. or something like that.

conversely, if they keep him, knowing that they may lose him with no compensation, whatsoever. that may say that they believe in Tyrod or at the very least are willing to roll the dice to see what Rico can get out of him in a new scheme. as you know, i don't think it much matters but, stranger things have happened.

this new staff we have seems like they have a plan so i don't think they are rolling the die here. it could be that they have plan A and plan B. if Tyrod fails to give them what they're looking for, they have plan B which involves two first round draft picks and a qb next year.

Foxx, on 28 May 2017 - 4:17 PM, said:

right, according to so many Tyrod supporters here, him missing was the reason why Taylor stunk last year. and if the rumor is true ... what does that say what they think about

If

Taylor + Watkins = success

Or if

Taylor - Watkins = no success

If this trade were true.... What message does it send?

right, according to so many Tyrod supporters here, him missing was the reason why Taylor stunk last year. and if the rumor is true ... what does that say what they think about Tyrod.

if you don't support the QB are you still supporting the team?

I didn't think so...

I support the buffalo bills and even though through the years they have pretty much failed to find a reliable starting QB, I still supported the buffalo bills. that said, Taylor, at this point is the starting QB and I will support and hope he can hold up the position until if and when they find another QB to replace him.

GO BILLS!!!

if you don't support the QB are you still supporting the team?

I didn't think so...

I support the buffalo bills and even though through the years they have pretty much failed to find a reliable starting QB, I still supported the buffalo bills. that said, Taylor, at this point is the starting QB and I will support and hope he can hold up the position until if and when they find another QB to replace him.

GO BILLS!!!

if you don't support the QB are you still supporting the team? i dunno, i guess the answer to that would be different for each individual fan.

for me, it is not a question of whether or not i support Tyrod, it is that i don't believe in him. on Sunday's i will still root for him because he is a team member and has a direct effect on our fortunes. i fully expect to hear the same yells from the people in the seats around me at the stadium however.... 'throw the damn ball!'

if you don't support the QB are you still supporting the team? i dunno, i guess the answer to that would be different for each individual fan.

for me, it is not a question of whether or not i support Tyrod, it is that i don't believe in him. on Sunday's i will still root for him because he is a team member and has a direct effect on our fortunes. i fully expect to hear the same yells from the people in the seats around me at the stadium however.... 'throw the damn ball!'

fair enough. I just find those admittedly opposed to him and the position he holds not someone who fully supports the team. people can whine and cry, B word and moan all they want. they can continue to find every reason why he shouldn't be the starter or should be but at the end of the day it's irrelevant what either side of the argument want, he is the starter and part of the team.

fair enough. I just find those admittedly opposed to him and the position he holds not someone who fully supports the team. people can whine and cry, B word and moan all they want. they can continue to find every reason why he shouldn't be the starter or should be but at the end of the day it's irrelevant what either side of the argument want, he is the starter and part of the team.

gotcha, you think i don't fully support the team. that opinion is certainly yours to hold. doesn't make it right nor wrong just that it is your opinion.

what constitutes full support? sitting in the stands on Sundays? purchasing team gear? blindly voicing nothing but good things about the team and all it's various facets?

gotcha, you think i don't fully support the team. that opinion is certainly yours to hold. doesn't make it right nor wrong just that it is your opinion.

what constitutes full support? sitting in the stands on Sundays? purchasing team gear? blindly voicing nothing but good things about the team and all it's various facets?

You are entitled to your opinion

I dont know... Maybe not trying to say rhat the teams trading Watkins because they dont believe in Taylor.

That seems like a stretch even gor the fervent non pro Taylor posters. Theres likey quite a few reasons that if the Bills trade Watkins are reasons, not the wierd anti Taylor middle schoolish notion you just provided.

Did thinking EJ sucked mean not supporting the team? What about Cassel?

I dont know... Maybe not trying to say rhat the teams trading Watkins because they dont believe in Taylor.

That seems like a stretch even gor the fervent non pro Taylor posters. Theres likey quite a few reasons that if the Bills trade Watkins are reasons, not the wierd anti Taylor middle schoolish notion you just provided.

perhaps you can furnish us with an all worldly opinion as to what it would mean and offer something constructive to the discussion instead of the derision you so aptly are providing.

Did thinking EJ sucked mean not supporting the team? What about Cassel?

the only problem with this jmc is that TT is better then both of those players......

I am not trying to change your opinion I have given up on that.....but your complaining about a player that is better then the players you put him in the same tier with......who has a winning record as a starter....who led a offense that was top 10 in scoring.

He didnt do it in a conventional way.....he isnt a franchise guy.......but franchise guys are really hard to find.

I dont understand tearing down a player like that and I guess I never will.......the bills look like they might be laying plans to go another direction if TT doesnt meet expectations this year and I am ok with it if they do that......but he is in fact a middle level starting qb in the league....I am sure we would all like a top 5 guy.

in my opinion

Edited by John from Hemet

perhaps you can furnish us with an all worldly opinion as to what it would mean and offer something constructive to the discussion instead of the derision you so aptly are providing.

I already have in the appropriate Watkins thread.

But since you ask ill provide some reasons that if true might be why Watkins might be traded:

-Medical prognosis of the health of the foot is not good.

-Medical prognosis of the ability of the foot is not good.

-Watkins agent told the Bills he doesnt want to be with the Bills anymore after this season.

-Watkins agent wants more for a new contract than the Bills are willing to play for.

-Watkins isnstill hurt and will miss more time this season than the Bills are a) willing to wait on, b) dont want to design an offense around a player that will miss games and whos abilities on the team arent replicated by anyone else, c) want to get a player on the team that can play 16!games.

Those are just a few, if you believe they are trading away Watkins as a slight of Taylor or as tell tale sign they dont believe in Taylor I should probably stop communicating with you now though because thats a truly asinine opinion. One to which you are welcome to express and enjoy.

But since you ask ill provide some reasons that if true might be why Watkins might be traded:

-Watkins agent told the Bills he doesnt want to be with the Bills anymore after this season.

-Watkins agent wants more for a new contract than the Bills are willing to play for.

-Watkins isnstill hurt and will miss more time this season than the Bills are a) willing to wait on, b) dont want to design an offense around a player that will miss games and whos abilities on the team arent replicated by anyone else, c) want to get a player on the team that can play 16!games.

Those are just a few, if you believe they are trading away Watkins as a slight of Taylor or as tell tale sign they dont believe in Taylor I should probably stop communicating with you now though because thats a truly asinine opinion. One to which you are welcome to express and enjoy.

Just too many unknowns right now after what happened last year. I am hoping Sammy shows up at camp in full healthy

all well and good.

however to express that you don't think it could be an expression of doubt of Taylor is.... (to be kind) nearsighted. the problem with shutting oneself off from possibilities is that chances are, you are going to be wrong.

thank you for the all worldly opinion, signed the middle schooler.

I don't know, you tell me. I have been supporting the team for 45 years. I believe it's called a bills fan?