Our roster is now complete at 90. Who will be our captains?

mileena

We are allowed to carry 90 players for training camp. We had 77 after the draft, and we added 13 UDFA yesterday. Assuming all the draftees from rounds 1-6 sign, this puts us at 90.

So, now that our roster is basically complete, who will be our tentative team captains?

For an early guess, I suggest:

Offense: Tyrod Taylor, Cordy Glenn, (optional: Lesean McCoy)

Defense: Kyle Williams, Preston Brown, (optional: Jerry Hughes)

Special Teams: Colton Schmidt

Good call on Wood! I forgot about him because he is so quiet. My only problem on Alexander is that he only been here for one year.

Tenure on the team shouldn't matter, tenure in the league is more important. Alexander is a perfect captain because of the amount of work he's put in to stay in the league for 10 years.

Tenure on the team shouldn't matter, tenure in the league is more important. Alexander is a perfect captain because of the amount of work he's put in to stay in the league for 10 years.

Ok, agreed! Just like when Brett Favre went to the Jets and Vikings, he was instantly voted a team captain.

We are allowed to carry 90 players for training camp. We had 77 after the draft, and we added 13 UDFA yesterday. Assuming all the draftees from rounds 1-6 sign, this puts us at 90.

So, now that our roster is basically complete, who will be our tentative team captains?

For an early guess, I suggest:

Offense: Tyrod Taylor, Cordy Glenn, (optional: Lesean McCoy)

Defense: Kyle Williams, Preston Brown, (optional: Jerry Hughes)

Special Teams: Colton Schmidt

schmidt probably isnt making the team and pb probably wont be starting.

Like jm above said id lean more towards wood and tyrod and kyle and alexander

Edited by Pbomb

he was the best punter in the draft and lets be honest it wont take much to beat out schimdt, he was terrible.

He was certainly bad in 2016... he had a really good 2015 though. Can he get back to form? Who knows? If he does he is our punter next year.

Hmmm...a UDFA is going to beat out Schmidt?? Is there another punter on the roster?

Lol

And that's how tons of good punters get to the NFL. To the point where a GM could catch some ribbing for drafting one.

I would be shocked if Schmidt makes the team.

The captains are Tyrod, Wood, Kyle, Alexander, Hyde

Likely list in my mind.

Only other people I could see McD even consider would be Shady or Cordy

Swap Glenn and Brown for Wood and Alexander and that's probably it

The best players should be the captain of their side...They should lead by example....

I hope TT becomes that in TC and takes charge.