Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

Why would Tyrod's agent be talking to other teams at the combine and testing the market if he was not in danger of being cut? Your bias is clouding your judgement here.

Everyone was figuring out their options

That does not mean that the bills did not want him back....to be honest we will never actually know the truth....everyone is speculating. It is just that SOME folks think they can pass speculation for fact.

And others are not letting that fly

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Tyrod's agent be talking to other teams at the combine and testing the market if he was not in danger of being cut? Your bias is clouding your judgement here.

Are you being serious here?

Did I ever say that the Taylor camp never thought Taylor would get cut?

Do you not understand leverage?

I think you're (largely incorrect) view of me is clouding your judgment.

Are you being serious here?

Did I ever say that the Taylor camp never thought Taylor would get cut?

Do you not understand leverage?

I think you're (largely incorrect) view of me is clouding your judgment.

You said a few pages ago that you believed Tyrod would still be here even if he didn't sign a new deal.

The information we know contradicts your belief.

I can't say anything as fact because I don't know things that don't happen as fact. I can't slide into alternate realities the way some apparently can and find out.

BUT...

I think the Bills would have picked up his option. The moment Taylor made that comment on clean out day I said a number of times from there on out that Buffalo would have been fiscally irresponsible to NOT try to get Taylor to renegotiate and that we would be hearing things "out of" OBD from "experts" and "insiders" that would need to be taken with a grain of salt because those types of "private-made-public" comments are often used in these types of scenarios to leverage the other side and get a better deal.

It was a big game of chicken and Taylor flinched first. But I really don't think Buffalo was prepared to cut him and go into the 2017 NFL year with Cardale Jones and Josh Woodrum as our QBs with the hope of finding some other capable starter for this year in FA or the draft because I think McDermott wants to win now, not later.

Nope, no way.

Again if Tyrod had any inkling at all why wouldn't he have just held his ground and call the Bills bluff?

You expect to be taken seriously with biased comments like that.

Nope, no way.

Again if Tyrod had any inkling at all why wouldn't he have just held his ground and call the Bills bluff?

I find it ironic how Trans posted it as his opinion

Then you turn around and posts as fact

And you talk about being taken seriously? LOL

You said a few pages ago that you believed Tyrod would still be here even if he didn't sign a new deal.

What information contradicts it?

Information, not speculation...

Nope, no way.

Why did you ask the question when you knew what my answer was?

Were you baiting?

This post is pretty childish. I gave you a thoughtful response and you give me this...

Edited by transplantbillsfan

If Tyrod didn't take a paycut ---- We cut him. Draft may play out differently but maybe we still end up with watson or mahomes. And if (when) they stink - the new regime blames whaley.

Now at least the new guys pick their guy - and are married to him. That way if (when) they stink - we can blame them!

Edited by dneveu

I'm legitimately curious here. Maybe I missed a piece of information here.

Is there something that is not speculation that I'm missing or are you just so adamantly against me that my posts cloud your own judgement and you're making something up?

I can't say anything as fact because I don't know things that don't happen as fact. I can't slide into alternate realities the way some apparently can and find out.

BUT...

I think the Bills would have picked up his option. The moment Taylor made that comment on clean out day I said a number of times from there on out that Buffalo would have been fiscally irresponsible to NOT try to get Taylor to renegotiate and that we would be hearing things "out of" OBD from "experts" and "insiders" that would need to be taken with a grain of salt because those types of "private-made-public" comments are often used in these types of scenarios to leverage the other side and get a better deal.

It was a big game of chicken and Taylor flinched first. But I really don't think Buffalo was prepared to cut him and go into the 2017 NFL year with Cardale Jones and Josh Woodrum as our QBs with the hope of finding some other capable starter for this year in FA or the draft because I think McDermott wants to win now, not later.

The Bills new HC McD may not have played hard ball in my humble opinion my friend.

I'm not doubting that McD wants to win now, but keeping Taylor ups fan expectations and upper management pressure IMO.

I don't think my position does hinge on whether the Bills would have released him if he had not renegotiated. The fact that the Bills went to him to try and cut $10m off his salary and halve his contract tells you they don't see him as their QB of the future.

Had he refused to accept the paycut and they'd have kept him on his previous terms (unlikely in my opinion but I fully accept I do not know one way or the other) we would not have known that the Bills do not see him as their QB of the future but it wouldn't make it any less true, just less public. You do not go to guys you think are your Quarterback of the future and ask them to halve their contract and give up $10m. I am sorry that is simply not how the NFL works and hence I find it a stretch in logic to get myself to the place others seem to be at.

I'm legitimately curious here. Maybe I missed a piece of information here.

Is there something that is not speculation that I'm missing or are you just so adamantly against me that my posts cloud your own judgement and you're making something up?

During his press conference and when discussing his decision to sign a new a deal, Tyrod said his agent talked to other teams during the combine.

You believe Tyrod would be here regardless and want to pretend that him being cut unless he signed a new deal is some outlandish opinion with nothing to support it. The reality is that the information we know and common sense tells us that was a likely outcome. Otherwise, why would his agent be gauging the market if his client was not going to be cut regardless of whether he worked out a new deal or not?

And I'm not against you but your schtick is getting rather old and tiresome at this point though. It makes this place borderline unreadable at times.

Edited by Bangarang

I don't think my position does hinge on whether the Bills would have released him if he had not renegotiated. The fact that the Bills went to him to try and cut $10m off his salary and halve his contract tells you they don't see him as their QB of the future.

Had he refused to accept the paycut and they'd have kept him on his previous terms (unlikely in my opinion but I fully accept I do not know one way or the other) we would not have known that the Bills do not see him as their QB of the future but it wouldn't make it any less true, just less public. You do not go to guys you think are your Quarterback of the future and ask them to halve their contract and give up $10m. I am sorry that is simply not how the NFL works and hence I find it a stretch in logic to get myself to the place others seem to be at.

I respectfully disagree

During his press conference and when discussing his decision to sign a new a deal, Tyrod said his agent talked to other teams during the combine.

You believe Tyrod would be here regardless and want to pretend that him being cut unless he signed a new deal is some outlandish opinion with nothing to support it. The reality is that the information we know and common sense tells us that was a likely outcome. Otherwise, why would his agent be gauging the market if his client was not going to be cut regardless of whether he worked out a new deal or not?

And I'm not against you but your schtick is getting rather old and tiresome at this point though. It makes this place borderline unreadable at times.

Why do people keep using words like this in speculation

You are attempting to put 2 and 2 together

We dont know that its accurate....we might never know

What can we win with Tyrod, John? 9-10 games?

Would you be upset with 10 games?

Would you be upset with 10 games?

with our schedule , lol

picture me happy John :rolleyes:

Putting 2 and 2 together is not hard, especially in this scenario. People just want to ignore the information in front of their faces because it goes against things they've been arguing relentlessly.

Confirmation bias is very real when it comes to Tyrod.