2017 NFL Draft: Round 2 & 3 Discussion

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a point on the Bills pick... here we are over 10 picks later and no other WR has gone..... so maybe that tells us that as far as the teams in the league are concerned there was more of a drop off from Zay Jones to the other 2nd round guys?

Yup. I've been tracking that as well.

Fifth-year options are guaranteed for injuries, meaning that if Watkins suffered an injury in 2017 so serious that he couldnt play at all in 2018, the Bills would still be on the hook for Watkins 2018 salary of $13 million. If the Bills dont pick up Watkins option and he gets hurt this season, they dont owe him a penny in 2018.

Thanks, still hoping he can play in 2017! Ugh

Just a point on the Bills pick... here we are over 10 picks later and no other WR has gone..... so maybe that tells us that as far as the teams in the league are concerned there was more of a drop off from Zay Jones to the other 2nd round guys?

Or......none of them were worth it? I like it your way better.

The Bills surrendered picks No. 44 and 91 in exchange for Nos. 37 and 149 so they could address their crater behind Sammy Watkins. Jones (62/201) made 41 starts for the Pirates, setting a school record for career catches (399) and finishing second in ECU history in both receiving yards (4,279) and touchdown grabs (23). Jones broke the FBS single-season receptions record (158) as a senior, dropping just 6-of-164 catchable targets. While Jones lived on bubble screens and quick hitters and averaged only 10.7 yards per catch, he showed elite athleticism with a 94th-percentile SPARQ score and 4.45 speed at the Combine. Albeit not quite as big, Jones profiles similarly to Eagles WR Jordan Matthews as a slot-Z chain mover with more reliable hands.

-rotoworld

The Bills draft, and offseason, don't appear to make much sense.

Lose Gilmore - draft White in the 1st round

Lose Woods - draft Jones in the 2nd round

We're just spinning our tires in the mud.

Try this on for size: the new guys are younger, will be signed for a number of years, and they save a boat load of money over what Gilmore and Woods would have cost. Now does it make sense? Good.

Try this on for size: the new guys are younger, will be signed for a number of years, and they save a boat load of money over what Gilmore and Woods would have cost. Now does it make sense? Good.

Yeah, but can either of them play?

Me too bud, I'm on the 4th round squad with you.

I'm glad to hear that. I mean, it's basically a free pick.

He can sit behind Taylor. Eventually... maybe... finish what his uncle started.

He's definitely talented.

Edited by likei've

I just want him on this team. I have ever since I first heard of him many years ago.

4's probably too early but I want it to happen

I think he will be a ufa, maybe Mcdaddy will ask him to come in but his character is questionable, so maybe not.

I'm glad to hear that. I mean, it's basically a free pick.

He can sit behind Taylor. Eventually maybe finish what his uncle started.

He's definitely talented.

Def. he needs a year to let his body recover. Red shirt him this year behind Tyrod.

I think he is the best QB of the past two years. It would make this currently ok draft very hopeful for me.