Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Off topic, but do you know anything about this James Clark fellow (WR) who transferred from OSU to VT?

yessir! He just graduated, really good kid/character. Couldn't get on the field here, but plenty of talent. Just lost in the shuffle. They helped him find a place to transfer. Edited by YoloinOhio

yessir! He just graduated, really good kid/character. Couldn't get on the field here, but plenty of talent. Just lost in the shuffle. They helped him find a place to transfer.

Well we lost our top 2 receiving targets, so here's to him playing up to his talent level! :D Thanks!

....exactly......Wrecks was a useless buffoon who had to go (NEVER should have been hired)....Marrone, despite his good traits and bad (rook HC though), was offered an extension by Pegula....4 years, $19.6 million.....Whaley and Brandon weren't warm 'n fuzzy with his General Patton like style especially when he wanted them at all TC meetings, some after practice and dinner until 9+PM at night.....so he took the $4 mil and ran.....green or not, McD comes from good pedigree, seems to be no nonsense hard nosed guy interested in winning football games...if not, why would Beane follow him here?.....if both were borderline, why would so many former VP's and Director of Pro Personnel guys have joined Beane's staff?.....Mahomes is not here, is not coming here and maybe Jeffrey should propagate his luvfest on the KC MB.......just plain obnoxious....

I'm counting on Smith getting injured, Mahomes flopping, we get the top pick, All aboard the KC TANK TRAIN, WHOOO WHOOOOOO !!!

Took a look at half a dozen Josh Allen games yesterday. Nowhere near the finished article yet but there's a few building blocks for 2017.

The arm is really impressive. He's got an "effort ball" where he can seriously gun it but it has a lower trajectory, more likely to be tipped. Athletically, he's on the Mariota/Wentz scale. Some similar ball security issues to those guys as well. Nice quick release and willingness to fit tight windows over the middle. Plays off-script and can make plays by extending. Really needs to make all of his fakes/handoffs look the same but he's even faked out a couple of cameramen :D

Seems as though there's a disconnect between upper and lower body mechanics with him. Squares up nicely for throws on the move. Feet don't seem to line up properly, especially on throws from in the pocket. Throwing base also gets a little wide when moved off his spot. There's also some major issues with decision making (15 INT's could've easily been 20+) and correctly moving against pressure. Some of that is simply due to inexperience but I want to see him learn the value of throwing it away. Although they've worked so far, he's got to stop the cross-body throws. NFL DB's will eat that **** up.

Interested to see how Wyoming develop him. Losing all 3 of his top targets from last season (including the amazing Tanner Gentry). The under center stuff helps but I'd like to see them add a little more speed option because his athletic ability is a positive. Talent to work with but I'm just not ready to annoint him just yet.

Edited by Blokestradamus

. Athletically, he's on the Mariota/Wentz scale. Some similar ball security issues to those guys as well.

Wait, not to change the subject, but did you just compare Wentz's athleticism to Marcus Mariota's? The only valid comparison with Mariota in that category is probably Tyrod Taylor. Edited by mannc

Wait, not to change the subject, but did you just compare Wentz's athleticism to Marcus Mariota's? The only valid comparison with Mariota in that category is probably Tyrod Taylor.

It's a scale so he falls between the two in certain areas. Mariota and Wentz being the different ends of the spectrum. I'm also guessing that height/weight wise, Allen is bang in the middle of the two.

Athleticism also goes beyond the stopwatch, it also impacts stylistic approach.

It's a scale so he falls between the two in certain areas. Mariota and Wentz being the different ends of the spectrum. I'm also guessing that height/weight wise, Allen is bang in the middle of the two.

Athleticism also goes beyond the stopwatch, it also impacts stylistic approach.

Thanks. That makes sense.

He's on vacation. But surely this is where he would insist that Mahomes was a generational prospect and Allen sucks.

I've made no secret that I've appreciated DJ's insights since his move to the media. I really hope this isn't him falling into a similar 'hot take' trap that others have.

I wouldn't really base arm strength and athletic ability as important traits but it makes for good June copy, I guess.

He's on vacation. But surely this is where he would insist that Mahomes was a generational prospect and Allen sucks.

I've made no secret that I've appreciated DJ's insights since his move to the media. I really hope this isn't him falling into a similar 'hot take' trap that others have.

I wouldn't really base arm strength and athletic ability as important traits but it makes for good June copy, I guess.

Don't forget Andy Reid is a QB god.

Took a look at half a dozen Josh Allen games yesterday. Nowhere near the finished article yet but there's a few building blocks for 2017.

The arm is really impressive. He's got an "effort ball" where he can seriously gun it but it has a lower trajectory, more likely to be tipped. Athletically, he's on the Mariota/Wentz scale. Some similar ball security issues to those guys as well. Nice quick release and willingness to fit tight windows over the middle. Plays off-script and can make plays by extending. Really needs to make all of his fakes/handoffs look the same but he's even faked out a couple of cameramen :D

Seems as though there's a disconnect between upper and lower body mechanics with him. Squares up nicely for throws on the move. Feet don't seem to line up properly, especially on throws from in the pocket. Throwing base also gets a little wide when moved off his spot. There's also some major issues with decision making (15 INT's could've easily been 20+) and correctly moving against pressure. Some of that is simply due to inexperience but I want to see him learn the value of throwing it away. Although they've worked so far, he's got to stop the cross-body throws. NFL DB's will eat that **** up.

Interested to see how Wyoming develop him. Losing all 3 of his top targets from last season (including the amazing Tanner Gentry). The under center stuff helps but I'd like to see them add a little more speed option because his athletic ability is a positive. Talent to work with but I'm just not ready to annoint him just yet.

They had a good TE, is he still there?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.