Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

I still think this class will have a lot of QB's taken high, top 10, but how many will pan out and be good? That's another question.

Trubisky and Watson are solid, probably Rosen, Rudolph and Mayfield

@AllbrightNFL

USC source says Darnold is unlikely to leave this year. Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson & to a lesser degree Josh Rosen your viable QBs.

Lamar should stay in

@KristianRDyer

NFL GM on overrated 2018 QB draft class: 'The production isn't there'

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2018-quarterbacks-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-allen-saquon-barkley/6d0qax88ltgs1enp65yfldkuu

A quarterback might not be selected within the top five picks of the 2018 NFL Draft.

So says one NFL general manager who instead views a running back, Penn State's Saquon Barkley, as the potential first overall pick.

Preseason buzz was centered around the idea that three college quarterbacks — USC's Sam Darnold, UCLA's Josh Rosen and Wyoming's Josh Allen — had the potential to be drafted within the first three picks. But none have stood out thus far in the 2017 season.

"Right now, this isn't a draft where you see a quarterback go top three like everyone was saying, or maybe even top five,” the GM told Sporting News, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "The production isn't there from anyone, and we are what, five, six or seven games in? You don't see it."

If true, this is actually great news for the Bills, who wont be selecting in the top 5 regardless. Edited by mannc

He's completing half of his passes and is throwing for 116 yards a game. There is nothing "solid" about his performance thus far. If anything, it is quite worrisome. Obviously it is early and there is time but right now he doesn't look good.

No way to pass judgment on Trubisky until he has a better supporting cast in addition to more time on task. He's in a very similar situation that Goff faced in 2016.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

No way to pass judgment on Trubisky until he has a better supporting cast in addition to more time on task. He's in a very similar situation that Goff faced in 2016.

Yep, right down to the has-been head coach who desperately needs to be shown the door.

I don't disagree at all. I'm just responding to the notion that "he has been solid." No he hasn't

At the same time I wouldn't classify Watson as "solid." He has been a revelation.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't disagree at all. I'm just responding to the notion that "he has been solid." No he hasn't

At the same time I wouldn't classify Watson as "solid." He has been a revelation.

Interesting fact related to Trubisky:

@Gil_Brandt

Only 3 QBs in last 30 years have won games completing 4 or fewer passes: Weinke (4), Tebow (2), Trubisky (4). John Fox was HC all 3 times.

This. Trubisky looks low on confidence.... not surprising when your coach doesn't trust you to throw....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.