If Bills Don't Get A Franchise QB In 2018

It will prove that this was a GIGANTIC failure of a move. In a draft where CB was one of the deepest positions, the Bills had a chance to land the BEST of the bunch. Then, at 27, the Bills also decided that picking the 6th or 7th best CB was better than fixing the right side of the line for good.

The Bills organization has failed to make the right decisions for so long that it is tough to put any faith that they will turn that extra first rounder into the franchise QB that has been lacking for so many years. If they pull it off next year, this will be the best move ever. Until that actually happens and they get their guy, I have a hard time believing that this trade down will pay off.

What I don't understand is that by making that move last night, it clearly states that this is a rebuilding year (as if we didn't already know that). If that truly is the case, why the hell is Kyle Williams (and to a lesser extent Shady) still here. Why not make THIS year the one where they go all in to fix the problem? As it stands right now, Browns Jets and and Bills will all be looking to get their guy in 2018. If the Bills miss out by overachieving to that 7-9 record again, they will most assuredly look like they messed up yet another draft in a long line of them.

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard was not available at 27.

White was ranked as one of the best CBs in the draft by the likes of Chris Trepasso.

Lattimore has a bad injury history which people would definitely have whined about.

Certainly people would have whined about taking a tackle in the first as well.

Stop crying.

Also, the 49ers still need a QB. If anyone thinks getting KC's #25 picks next year helps us get a QB you are wrong

Oh no, whoever has a top 3 pick will gladly trade it to us because we have an extra first now.

They will gladly pass on these supposedly super exciting QB prospects for a couple of mid to late round 1sts

Likely top 3 teams picking will all need QB's (Browns, 49ers, Jets)

Howard was not available at 27.

White was ranked as one of the best CBs in the draft by the likes of Chris Trepasso.

Lattimore has a bad injury history which people would definitely have whined about.

Certainly people would have whined about taking a tackle in the first as well.

Stop crying.

My bad, I was having a flashback when thinking are they picking Howard or Lattimore at 10. Also, not crying until I see what happens next year. Like I said, it COULD turn out to be a great, move.

Just stockpile athletes now and hopefully rebuild the defense so next year if we take a QB, he will have some support.

I really feel this is the perfect draft to be unsexy and bulk up in the trenches and secondary.

Edited by Woodman19

I love the logic: 2018 there will be 2-3 great QB prospects, and some team picking in the top 3 (who probably stinks) will pass them up and trade with the Bills.

This isn't like walking into a store and seeing a price tag and you pay you get the product. The other party has to be willing to sell.

In 2018 AJ McCarron will be a RFA and Garoppolo a UFA

Teddy Bridgewater did not have his 5th year option picked up for 2018, bad injury though

And let's be honest: if you're the Bills - if you're Buffalo - you're not exactly the marquee destination for a lot of these guys who are in big demand. And that would even apply to Darnold, who could stick around USC for another year if the Bills tank and go 1-15.