listening to wgr right now....poor doug whaley

i can't believe people can still be so blind. poor doug got over run by marrone and rex, should have stood up for his convictions....omg.

doug whaley and his guy ej ( who was not supposed to start as a rookie...ok), started his rookie year.

year 2 whaley is " we're all in on ej"....however marrone new it was a losing proposition and requested a plan b.

a pi$$in match ensued and orton was brought in at the last minute. after 4 games of suck, marrone yanks ej.

after orton retires, marrone knows there is no plan on upgrading the position, he goes to the pegulas and asks for a little more control.

realizing nothing was gonna change, he says screw this.

along comes rex. and whoever sold the pegs on him to sell tickets knowing he was gonna blow up the defensive scheme, should have been shot....i digress.....

whaley gets rex to understand he needs to develop ej.(that was well published) and rex soon also found that was a losing proposition.

rex convinces doug to sign tyrod....whom shouldn't have posed a threat to ej. however a pi$$ing match ensues and rex wins out with starting tyrod.

fast forward to the last game against the jets and whaley throws some fresh pee in the pot to try to show once again that he made the right pick and to stick it to tyrod. rex says screw this fire me.

now it's painfully obvious that whaley would have run tt outta town, had not been for the new staff.

this is the 3rd coach in 4 yrs all due to doug whaley's ego and subsequent Pi$$in matches over qbs.

i don't know how some people,namely whoever's on wgr right and some on this board cannot see reality . unbelievable :wallbash:

oh and btw, c.j. in the 4th, 3 years after whiffing on a project exudes ego and stubborness.

Edited by billsredneck1

Sal was pretty adamant that the Ej pick was not Whaley. He said it was pretty common knowledge that Buddy was taking him no matter what.

I do feel bad for Whaley, but he needs to get more of a backbone with the position he is in. He gets walked over too much. I think he is a real good talent evaluator, but lacks the ability to stand up for himself. I think he was just too young for the job. He really had no power and was not in the position to hold his ground.

Sal was pretty adamant that the Ej pick was not Whaley. He said it was pretty common knowledge that Buddy was taking him no matter what.

I do feel bad for Whaley, but he needs to get more of a backbone with the position he is in. He gets walked over too much. I think he is a real good talent evaluator, but lacks the ability to stand up for himself. I think he was just too young for the job. He really had no power and was not in the position to hold his ground.

Whaley said himself he was integral in selecting EJ. He said EJ had the "it" factor. he tried pushing him on two different coaching staffs.

Even if Nix made final call on EJ, it's pretty clear from Whaley's comments following draft and subsequent actions that he was 100% on board with Manuel.

Whaley said himself he was integral in selecting EJ. He said EJ had the "it" factor. he tried pushing him on two different coaching staffs.

Whaley has said a lot of stuff to hide the dysfunction that was going on behind the scenes. Pushed him so hard that he signed two other QBs that started.

I'm not here to start a fight, just repeating what was said.

Whaley stocked the kitchen. Rex could !@#$ up a 2 car parade. The 2015 Bills were loaded. The past two years, the production did not match the talent. IMO Whaley did get screwed. I was hoping he would get one more shot this draft. We really could use some maneuvering Thursday

Whaley has said a lot of stuff to hide the dysfunction that was going on behind the scenes. Pushed him so hard that he signed two other QBs that started.

If it wasn't for Orton and Taylor, I hate to think of the horrible record the Bills would have had.

Well, a journeyman QB (Orton) after his coach went ape **** and a career 6th round backup (Taylor) who rex pushed for, so it's not like Whaley was pursuing high end guys. Other than that Whaley went to camp for two consecutive years with Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel as EJ's only competition. It's obvious that to anyone paying attention that EJ was Whaley's guy and he wasn't pretending to hide dysfunction, that is ridiculous.

Well, a journeyman QB (Orton) after his coach went ape **** and a career 6th round backup (Taylor) who rex pushed for, so it's not like Whaley was pursuing high end guys. Other than that Whaley went to camp for two consecutive years with Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel as EJ's only competition. It's obvious that to anyone paying attention that EJ was Whaley's guy and he wasn't pretending to hide dysfunction, that is ridiculous.

Whaley claimed EJ had the "it" factor, and he meant that.

The real fun starts when the next GM comes in if/when Whaley is gone. They better be pretty close to perfect. They need to find the next Tom Brady in no more than two years, draft all starters who don't get injured, never lose a free agent and squeeze between the love fest that everyone claims is going on between Pegula and McDermott all while having absolutely amazing press conferences. Oh yeah and most likely they will be hiring a coach in the next few years and he better be Vince Lombardi. If not the Whaley haters and the people who like Whaley will be on them like white on rice. If I'm Whaley at this point I want a fresh start. No doubt about the fact that he has a job in the NFL very soon and no I do not take personnel director or whatever for the Bills

Edited by Madd Charlie

Ther real fun starts when the next GM comes in if/when Whaley is gone. They better be pretty close to perfect. They need to find the next Tom Brady in no more than two years, draft all starters who don't get injured, never lose a free agent and squeeze between the love fest that everyone claims is going on between Pegula and McDermott all while having absolutely amazing press confrences. Oh yeah and most likely they will be hiring a coach in the next few years and he better be Vince Lombardi. If not the Whaley haters and the people who like Whaley will be on them like white on rice. If im Whaley at this point I want a fresh start. No doubt about the fact that he has a job in the NFL very soon

they just gotta get a qb tht is near alex smith or joe flacco and everything else will take care of itself