[closed]PFT - Bills scouts expecting to get fired after draft

Apologies if posted elsewhere. Strikes me as big news, and I have to think Whaley will go out with them if it's true.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/26/bills-scouts-bracing-for-a-post-draft-house-cleaning/

If true then Whaley will probably lead the parade. Hope it works out in the end.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If it's true then I think they draft defense early and often. That's MC's strength and he can't feel comfortable with all the turnover in the secondary and the LB crew.

I think that's a sensible prediction. It certainly sounds like McDermott will be in complete control of the draft.

I think getting rid of the entire scouting staff is a broad stroke. I am not sure how many NFL quality scouts are out there waiting for the phone to ring. I think Whaley has done some good things and made some mistakes. I think he should be able to get this season to see how his drafts pan out.

I think getting rid of the entire scouting staff is a broad stroke. I am not sure how many NFL quality scouts are out there waiting for the phone to ring. I think Whaley has done some good things and made some mistakes. I think he should be able to get this season to see how his drafts pan out.

Whether he deserves it or not, it doesn't look like he will. If they're firing many of the scouts, he'll definitely be out the door too.

oh boy this is like Nix all over again. why let them draft if they are incompetent?

Because you don't just waltz in and pick players. The draft is a full year process. Also if you fire everyone before you draft they just tell the rest of the NFL what's on your draft board.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Because you don't just waltz in and pick players. The draft is a full year process. Also if you fire everyone they just tell the rest of the NFL what's on your draft board.

Yup. And you remind them time and time again that they're being paid decent money to do this.

oh boy this is like Nix all over again. why let them draft if they are incompetent?

Because at this point there is no other choice. That's why McD is in the room and nobody is saying it's Doug's call if there is a disagreement.

McDermott's drafting...

You don't let go of your scout team before the draft so they can talk to other people.

Why do people never get this ****?

Edited by Beef Jerky