Paul McCartney Concert Announced At Carrier Dome

Metal Man

McCartney sold out his show at Fenway Park last year almost immediately, but it turned out it was mostly ticket scalpers. Why? Because as the show date got closer, StubHub was loaded with McCartney tickets selling for half of face value. I bought tickets the day before the show for $60 each. They were $125 face value.

stubhub in cahoots with stadiums and teams is a great bargain opportunity (when it deserves to be)

McCartney sold out his show at Fenway Park last year almost immediately, but it turned out it was mostly ticket scalpers. Why? Because as the show date got closer, StubHub was loaded with McCartney tickets selling for half of face value. I bought tickets the day before the show for $60 each. They were $125 face value.

I heard this happens. Now it makes me wonder if I have the guts to wait until close to the show to buy tickets. Do you know if prices always seem to drop? Also do they commonly sell out on Stubhub? Just curious because I remember when the Stones and McCartney played in Buffalo I looked at the prices the day before the show. They didn't seem to drop much.

I heard this happens. Now it makes me wonder if I have the guts to wait until close to the show to buy tickets. Do you know if prices always seem to drop? Also do they commonly sell out on Stubhub? Just curious because I remember when the Stones and McCartney played in Buffalo I looked at the prices the day before the show. They didn't seem to drop much.

It's a market with supply and demand in full force.

Sometimes you can luck out, don't make promises you can't deliver though...

From personal experience last year at Sir Paul in Philly, I gave a ticket away, so yes it does happen. If you are a gambling type, I would go to the venue around showtime and be patient.

From personal experience last year at Sir Paul in Philly, I gave a ticket away, so yes it does happen. If you are a gambling type, I would go to the venue around showtime and be patient.

it's the best strategy for a single ticket

if you have a date or friend along it can backfire huge

it's the best strategy for a single ticket

if you have a date or friend along it can backfire huge

Allow me to introduce you to Poojer ...

Edited by Gugny

Allow me to introduce you to Poojer ...

For a Leafs/Predators game I found a great deal front row in the corner just before faceoff.

First intermission the seat gets taken by someone who tells me it was $10 for the ticket, asked what he missed.

I said there were no penalties, 3 shots on goal apiece, it's Nashville, it's scoreless so you've missed nothing at all...

You can't demand getting a great bargain on a ticket into an event with high demand.

As one who works 5 minutes walk from the Air Canada Centre and Rogers Centre I can take it or leave it on last minute deals, sometimes doing very well, sometimes paying the piper, and mostly going home to watch the game on TV.

Last week, I bought four tickets for my wife, two kids (14 and 9), and me to see McCartney down here in Miami on July 5. There was an American Express presale. I have seen him twice (I am a huge Beatles fan) and thought it would be great for my kids to see him. This may be their last opportunity.

For those of you who have not seen McCartney, he and his band are great. They put on a great show. As a Beatles fan, his shows are especially meaningful. I thoroughly recommend going if any of you have any interest.

Edited by Peter

I had two single seats to the Hamilton, Ont show last year. The venue ended up letting me swap them the day before the show for 2 seats together on the floor by the sound booth. The setup for the show is a big deal and they don't know how many extra seats they can squeeze in by the booth until the last minute.

Also, there were better seats going on sale the week and 2 - 3 weeks after the show went on sale on Ticketmaster than there were the day the seats went on sale. So if you're into tickets for this show keep checking.

Edited by driddles

Last week, I bought four tickets for my wife, two kids (14 and 9), and me to see McCartney down here in Miami on July 5. There was an American Express presale. I have seen him twice (I am a huge Beatles fan) and thought it would be great for my kids to see him. This may be their last opportunity.

For those of you who have not seen McCartney, he and his band are great. They put on a great show. As a Beatles fan, his shows are especially meaningful. I thoroughly recommend going if any of you have any interest.

Incredibly well said. Perfectly stated.

Disclosure: Huge Beatles fan since Feb 9, '64.

Yes, Paul's Band is outstanding! They've been together since '00 I think -and very tight. They're great musicians and, IMO, rate being known by their names; Abe Laboriel Jr on drums, Brian Ray on quitar and bass, Rusty Anderson on Lead Guitar and 'Wix' Wickens (from Wings) on keyboards. All of them sing great. Wix keeps a lava lamp at his keyboard in memory of Linda.

I know this is blasphemy, but they play the Beatles numbers better -with better instruments and stage equipment- than the studio Beatles recordings.

They and the Stones are 2 concerts you have to see in your lifetime. You'll know every word to every song, yet hear it for 'the 1st time'! Audience makeup is nothing short of phenomenal -with ages from newborn to 85.

And again with took the words out of my mouth, even a Lennon fan is at this stage now.

Just seeing him do "Can't Buy Me Love" a few years ago, to open a show was one of the most transcendent 5 minutes of live music I have ever experienced. I have been to 100's, maybe even a 1000+ shows in my life...pretty much every big name. I saw McCartney in 1989 for the first time, and it was terrible...but the show he did in 2013 was one of the best things I have ever seen. He still sounds great, his voice has lost very little...and more so than when I saw him in 1989, he stopped trying to pretend that his lesser solo stuff (and I love some of his solo work) was as relevant as his Beatles stuff. If nothing else, if you go see him, you are seeing one of the most important musicians of the last 100 years...definitely one of the most important living musicians. This guy is history...

Just seeing him do "Can't Buy Me Love" a few years ago, to open a show was one of the most transcendent 5 minutes of live music I have ever experienced. I have been to 100's, maybe even a 1000+ shows in my life...pretty much every big name. I saw McCartney in 1989 for the first time, and it was terrible...but the show he did in 2013 was one of the best things I have ever seen. He still sounds great, his voice has lost very little...and more so than when I saw him in 1989, he stopped trying to pretend that his lesser solo stuff (and I love some of his solo work) was as relevant as his Beatles stuff. If nothing else, if you go see him, you are seeing one of the most important musicians of the last 100 years...definitely one of the most important living musicians. This guy is history...

I like to think of myself as a pretty tough guy, but I must admit that I had tears in my eyes when he opened the show . . . all of these memories from when I was a kid and my parents started to flow up within me . . . . It was pretty emotional.

I fully expect to be a basket case when Paul and his band are playing those Beatles songs on July 5 and I am standing next to my 14 year old and 9 year old. My kids probably are going to wonder what is up with Dad . . . .

I definitely had tears in my eyes. I was sitting next to a 'biker type' dude, we turned to each other and high fived and he admitted the same thing

I like to think of myself as a pretty tough guy, but I must admit that I had tears in my eyes when he opened the show . . . all of these memories from when I was a kid and my parents started to flow up within me . . . . It was pretty emotional.

I fully expect to be a basket case when Paul and his band are playing those Beatles songs on July 5 and I am standing next to my 14 year old and 9 year old. My kids probably are going to wonder what is up with Dad . . . .

I cried 4 times when I saw him. The fact that I had my son (11 at the time) sitting next to me definitely made me more emotional. He did a couple double-takes, but he had enough backstories from me to understand the tears.

Jesus ... I am still in complete awe of experiencing Sir Paul for a night. Magical.