Jabrill Peppers tested positive at combine

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and Peppers played a good bit of LB. He has never made plays in space which he will be asked to do at the next level. Compare him to Mathieu or Buccannon (the 2 guys lazy analysts always compare him to) and they dwarf his production. He isn't a playmaker. You don't take guys in the secondary that don't make plays.

Like I said, I don't have a dog in this fight; just saying that he was a productive player in college. Saying he wasn't simply isn't true. TFLs are huge plays - the equivalents of sacks, basically. That's all.

Edited by dave mcbride

Regardless, by college football standards, 13 TFLs is *a lot*. Reuben Foster had 13 TFLs, for instance, and played in more games.

The point is that stats don't mean much in the grand scheme of his pro prospects. I don't think anyone disputes him being a good college football player in the role he played.

He also lit things up on offense and ST so that's the argument I'd make for production translating.

The point is that stats don't mean much in the grand scheme of his pro prospects. I don't think anyone disputes him being a good college football player in the role he played.

He also lit things up on offense and ST so that's the argument I'd make for production translating.

I agree! I'm not advocating drafting him; I'm only saying that he was an objectively good defensive player last season for Michigan. He was extremely disruptive, blowing up a ton of plays in the backfield.

Seems like some innocent people could get caught up in that, seeing as I'd probably drink a lot of water and/or Gatorade if I were preparing for a day on which my physical talents will earn or lose possibly millions of dollars.

Then again, same logic for not doing drugs during that same time period.

Everyone is innocent, they had no idea injecting 2 gallons of Winstrol was against the rules.

Depends on how they administer the test. If they actually make them wash their hands, and clean under their nails. If they don't some will carry different things under their nails to dump in the sample.

It can be anything from dish soap,or salt. I have seen people drop a hair in the sample. Any of those things will have a sample come back diluted. It is impossible to drink too many fluids and have a sample come back diluted.

Edited by DirtDart

Rumor is the "hammy" issue he had that kept him out of the Orange Bowl was actually a suspension from the Big 10. Similar thing happened to Noah Spence in 2013. It's a last minute ruling that the school fights but the conference regulates. But they announced the real reason with Spence.

Can they keep a suspension a secret? The Big 10 would not have to announce it?

I thought he sat out because it was a meaningless bowl game and he didn't want to risk injury, kinda common these days.

I agree! I'm not advocating drafting him; I'm only saying that he was an objectively good defensive player last season for Michigan. He was extremely disruptive, blowing up a ton of plays in the backfield.

How many real teams did Michigan face last seasons?

Can they keep a suspension a secret? The Big 10 would not have to announce it?

I thought he sat out because it was a meaningless bowl game and he didn't want to risk injury, kinda common these days.

no - he was at the game and said he pulled a hammy in warmups

No.

These guys have taken drug tests before and they know ahead of time that drinking too much fluid (like a ridiculous amount) will cause a test fail.

So if anything, if they were clean, they would purposefully avoid drinking way too much liquid. It would/should be high on their concern list.

#entitlementmentality

#kickemtothecurb

They should also know that pot is an NFL banned substance and it may cause brain damage, yet they smoke it anyways.

They should also know that pot is an NFL banned substance and it may cause brain damage, yet they smoke it anyways.

who this year will be exposed using through a gas mask? that was a boss move.

it was very fishy

I recall the issue of jaking it was floating around a few NFL-eligible kids last Bowl Season.

Can't say I blame them all that much, on the other hand it would be their last chance to play most likely...

Yolo, I am assuming you don't have much love for TTUN?

Um ... four teams that finished in the top 10 and 5 in the top 17.

Sheesh.

no.... you pump up a division with as many teams as you can and then nobody plays even half the decent teams and you can have all kinds of great records in a conference.

It's a confidence trick.

Preseason experts stated that Michigan basically wouldn't play a legit team until Ohio State, thus they could run up an undefeated season without breaking a sweat.

So what if a team played nobody before Michigan and was 5-0 and ranked "top 10"...

Whoop dee freakin darn dooooooooooooooo...

no.... you pump up a division with as many teams as you can and then nobody plays even half the decent teams and you can have all kinds of great records in a conference.

It's a confidence trick.

Preseason experts stated that Michigan basically wouldn't play a legit team until Ohio State, thus they could run up an undefeated season without breaking a sweat.

So what if a team played nobody before Michigan and was 5-0 and ranked "top 10"...

Whoop dee freakin darn dooooooooooooooo...

Huh? I'm referring to the final AP rankings after the national championship game. They played Ohio State (#6), Penn State (#7), Florida State (#8), Wisconsin (#9), and Colorado (#17).

Edited by dave mcbride