NFL networks final mock draft

Buffaloed in Pa

No matter who is picked in the 1st, there is going to be fan outrage. I know this because there isn't a single player (or even position) I've seen mentioned as a possibility where there is close to a consensus here. Probably the closest thing to a consensus that people agree on is a trade down for more picks. But after that it's been a free for all.

QB? What none of these guys are worth a 1st, we have bigger needs, next year's class is better. WR? We don't pass the ball to the one we have, can't use another high pick on a WR, our defense is the side that needs help. CB? Oh yeah just the endless Billsy cycle of letting a CB leave in FA and replace in draft! DL? Oh sure ignore the real areas of need! Safety? Unless it's hooker or Adams this is a reach! TE? We have Clay, TE in the 1st never live up to the hype, TT can't throw over the middle. LB? Shouldn't have let Zach Brown leave, they just keep filling holes they create themselves and ignore BPA! RB? Let's not even go there OL? Seriously how boring can they get I'm so done with this team!

well said. catch 22 for the bills this draft. except for part about te and charles clay. clay doesnt seem like the guy and the bills could use a serious upgrade at this position and hopefully learn how to use him effectively.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are pretty much spot on.

i forgot to add the part where "Whaley needs to be fired on the spot" and "I will storm OBD" and "I wont even watch the season" if he takes ____ (fill in name)

We need to remember that while we hope to get some impact immediate contributors from this draft, rookies often don't contribute right away. It takes a little while to really have impact. Usually if a bunch of your starters are fresh out of college, you are in trouble. With the Bills, their 2016 draft class might have more impact on this season than this year's. Shaq Lawson, Reggie Ragland, Adolphus, Jwill, Kevin Seymour abd Kolby Listenbee all could step up into key roles. For Ragland and Listenbee, it's like red shirting in college. Jwill almost counts there too as he was inactive a lot of the year behind MG and Bush. The Bills essentially will have 6-7 rookies from this draft and 3 more from last year who at last spent a year in NFL meetings and S&C.

Edited by YoloinOhio

we have a ton of holes, new coach, same gm, aging vets, yadda yadda yadda. It's hard to feel optimistic that we are on an upswing, feels more like a last shot for a year or 2 before a larger rebuild..again

Why can't the good stuff from last year remain and the bad stuff improve?

I dnt know much about the person you are quoting in terms of our board. However, is the based on who he feels will be left when they pick? Or do they envision those being the best players in the draft?

Leroi is assumed to be an OBD insider based on his correct predictions on several key decisions in the past.

TEs should never go top 10. 99% of them aren't impact players and we hardly use the one we have now.

There is a slew of better talent to be had at #10.

99% of TEs aren't impact players? Or 99% of those taken top 10 aren't impact players? I'm guessing it's the latter but it's a pretty small sample size because you don't see a lot of elite TE prospects developed in college systems. They tend to not use them anywhere near the way NFL offenses do. I think the trend toward using a mismatch elite TE and multiple TE packages in offenses though has elevated their value.

Their board (according to Leroi and confirmed elsewhere) is:

- Thomas

- Davis

- Lattimore

- Howard

- Ross

I suspect that they will try to slide down a little but I don't expect anyone else. Davis is the likely pick.

Could you kindly link to that and the confirmation. I mean, smokescreen season and everything, but I would like to hear.

I would prefer Williams to Davis, but I've heard that a lot of scouts think Davis is better.

I like the idea of Davis or Howard. If Solomon Thomas by some miracle drops to 10 I don't see how you don't take him. Similar thoughts on Lattimore. Ew on Ross.

it really feels like that to me. People are just so angry and bracing themselves for being inevitably disappointed. It's like that every year to some degree but this year just seems more bitter.

Honestly I'd feel that way if we were inside the top 10....

I'm not a big fan of Myles Garrett, Hooker has limited starts which required surgery, I don't feel we need a QB, Jonathan Allen may have future issues, we don't need a RB, there are really no LBers worthy of a top 5-6 pick, TEs that early?

But sitting at 10 I feel it has a ton value in this draft.... I feel this draft is full of 10-20 talent, therefore I will be happy with just about anyone from 10-25. I hope we can trade down that being said. More value at WR, LBer, OT, maybe CB/S (but I feel the 2nd rd will hold that value).

I love Reddick, Davis top 15. I like both OTs Cam Robinson and Bolles (15-20), Jabrill Peppers has to be a thought around 20 for McD's D, my Sleeper is Tim Williams (20-25).

Just when I was about to say I think the fans might all be on board with a pick like Hassan Reddick I see this on Twitter:

@draftdiamonds

If Bills pass on big time playmakers for Reddick it would be hard to root for them in 2017

Ugh, I like Reddick, but not at ten. Yes, I know it's a silly argument at times. If he's an All-Pro, no one will quibble about 10 or 20th pick. But at 10 there's going to be some serious flashy names up there. I have to think that someone jumps to try to beat Cleveland to a QB, or really likes a player.

i think there are too many good defensive players to reach on a guy like Williams...he seems like a guy that will be picked in the mid to late teens.

mike williams is not a reach... you could argue that the value is better depending on which defensive players drop but calling mike williams a reach is not accurate

if trubisky is there and we take him, i will trust that decision. if not, my pick would be foster. i was listening to rodney harrison's radio show sat. morning and he's got me sold as foster being a major impact right off the bat.

if we don't do either, i'm all in on the trade down. if it's in the 20's, i'm taking tj watt.

zay jones in the second and bpa with the rest.

if they don't get trubisky, i hope they make sure to get chad kelly.

if trubisky is there and we take him, i will trust that decision. if not, my pick would be foster. i was listening to rodney harrison's radio show sat. morning and he's got me sold as foster being a major impact right off the bat.

if we don't do either, i'm all in on the trade down. if it's in the 20's, i'm taking tj watt.

zay jones in the second and bpa with the rest.

if they don't get trubisky, i hope they make sure to get chad kelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMI7VYI1yYQ&t=13s

I think I'm done worrying about who is a reach (yes I know I've been whining about "value" for months, I think I went overboard). I don't watch film (I know others do here, but I'm just an avid game watcher). I'm just going to focus on which players we get instead of where they are taken. if I don't I will drive myself crazy.

The Bills have given Watson a lot of attention. This pick would go against their staid organizational personality.

My assessment? I expect this team to draft to fill needs in the first few rounds and then draft Chad Kelly later to have a new QB story line to sell the fans.

My assessment? I expect this team to draft to fill needs in the first few rounds and then draft Chad Kelly later to have a new QB story line to sell the fans.

Pat Mahomes: Looking in your eyes I see a paradise

This world that I've found

Is too good to be true

Standing here beside you

Want so much to give you

This love in my heart that I'm feeling for you

jeffismagic: Let 'em say we're crazy, I don't care about that

Put your hand in my hand baby

Don't ever look back

Let the world around us just fall apart

Baby we can make it if we're heart to heart

Mahomes and jeff: And we can build this dream together

Standing strong forever

Nothing's gonna stop us now

And if this world runs out of lovers

We'll still have each other

Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Mahomes: I'm so glad I found you

I'm not gonna lose you

Whatever it takes I will stay here with you

Take it to the good times

See it through the bad times

Whatever it takes is what I'm gonna do

jeff: Let 'em say we're crazy, what do they know

Put your arms around me baby

Don't ever let go

Let the world around us just fall apart

Baby we can make it if we're heart to heart

Standing strong forever

Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us

Mahomes: Ooh, all that I need is you

jeff: All that I ever need

Mahomes: And all that I want to do

Mahomes and jeff: Is hold you forever, ever and ever, hey

Standing strong forever

Nothing's gonna stop us

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.