Brandt:. "Three 1st Round QB locks".

PIZ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Trubisky. I used to really like Mahomes, but recent interviews I've seen make him seem arrogant. Maybe that's a good characteristic for a QB, but I want to like our franchise QB.

Every year it seems we Bills fans talk the draft to death, and somehow we hone in on the pick. This year I'm feeling like it's Trubisky, Derek Barnett, or Reddick.

I really don't care if Mahomes has a huge ego or thinks he's the best QB prospect ever, or if he wants to go to the Cardinals or Texans rather than the Bills (I didn't read this, but I just think that's probably the case).

If the Bills think he's going to become a great QB in this league you take him, period. Kelly was crushed at the thought of coming to the Bills, that turned out ok.

Now Wait, Gil Brandt, the "Godfather" of drafting says this..

"I think at least six quarterbacks will be drafted in the first two days, with all of them having a good chance of seeing success in the NFL."

He must not read this board, because here they all suck and none are worth #10.

Edited by KellyToughII

I'm going on record with 2. Watson and Mahomes.

I think 2 are first round worthy - Mahomes and Trubisky. But I think 3 go - with Kizer being the third one. Gun to my head...Watson drops to second round. Kizer and Watson should probably be 3rd round picks - they are both first read lock qbs with accuracy issues.

I'll tell you how much -- Not. One. Bit.

As soon as the draft is over these guys move on to the next draft, and they're never held accountable for their predictions.

It's the primary reason I don't pay much (if any) attention to anything leading up to the draft. I'll research players after the Bills select them.

"Accountable".....by whom??

They are paid to do exactly that they are doing. What are you talking about?

Man, if one of these guys turns out to be good and we dont take 'em im gonna be SOOO PISSED!

Exactly. How can you not draft a QB when you have desperately needed one for 20 years and look yourself in the mirror? I guess you just pray that they all suck so that you don't look like a jackass.

Take a chance and grab one if you ever want to win a championship.

Exactly. How can you not draft a QB when you have desperately needed one for 20 years and look yourself in the mirror? I guess you just pray that they all suck so that you don't look like a jackass.

Bills are masters at avoiding QB. 20 years and only TWO picks spent on the position in the first 2 rounds.

And if he doesn't pan out you grab another one. You do it until you find your guy. I really can't fathom the contrary arguments. It should be normal course draft management and policy. I don't like Watson (as a prospect - he is a super kid) but at the end of the day if the Bills feel he has a decent chance I don't question their taking a chance on him. Would rather MT or PM but would be fully onside with the philosophy and would get behind him 100%.

And if he doesn't pan out you grab another one. You do it until you find your guy. I really can't fathom the contrary arguments. It should be normal course draft management and policy. I don't like Watson (as a prospect - he is a super kid) but at the end of the day if the Bills feel he has a decent chance I don't question their taking a chance on him. Would rather MT or PM but would be fully onside with the philosophy and would get behind him 100%.

And if you miss on QB this year, it means it's likely you don't have a starting WR, CB, LB on the team. I see that as a benefit. That means you have a better chance at a top 5 pick for another QB next year! Let's do this, get our QB and stop being a punching bag.