Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just no.

Trading up? LOL. I think Whaley would give away next years 1st rounder for him too... that's no good.

Trubisky said in that video "i want to progress more in the nfl", implementing that he still has a long way to go and that he'd need to grow exponentially in order to become an elite QB.

I don't see the value in trading up OR drafting him 10th overall. Get Corey Davis.

Edited by gr8billsfan

Quesfion, since I didn't follow Trubisky's college career all that closely before he became the starter - Why did it take him so long to start in college? He had a not so great QB in front of him the past few years. Why wasn't Trubisky able to beat him out to start?

He's probably one of my 2 favorite QB's from this draft class. But I'd be terrified to take this guy with a top 10 pick after barely a season of starting in college. There's just so little to go on, and we've all seen plenty of QBs have 1 good year in college. Look at Hackenberg, Barkley, etc etc. They tore it up their first year. People were calling them sure fire 1st overall picks. 1 good year in college simply isn't enough to go off of IMO (especially for us fans).

I definitely see potential there, but he's still quite a project IMO. I'd take a shot on this guy if he made it to our 2nd or 3rd round pick. But for me personally, I just think it's too big a gamble to draft him at #10.

And definitely no interest in trading up for him. Not with 13 starts. That's crazy. Trading up to the top of the draft for a QB almost never works for the team trading up anyway.

Edited by BillsFan4

Meh on Corey Davis. Reminds me a lot of that WR from Michigan State a few years back, who scouts said was the most pro ready WR on the draft. And he turned out to be sub par at everything.

Davis never really gets great separation even against inferior competition. If corners that can't even make division 1 ball keep up with him, how much more will the best corners in the world shut him down?! He's not a jump ball/circus catch WR. He needs separation to make a play, and I don't see that happening against NFL corners.

I would take Ross or Williams any day of the week over Davis, because their skill sets actually translate to the next level. Davis is fools gold IMO.

Meh on Corey Davis. Reminds me a lot of that WR from Michigan State a few years back, who scouts said was the most pro ready WR on the draft. And he turned out to be sub par at everything.

Davis never really gets great separation even against inferior competition. If corners that can't even make division 1 ball keep up with him, how much more will the best corners in the world shut him down?! He's not a jump ball/circus catch WR. He needs separation to make a play, and I don't see that happening against NFL corners.

I would take Ross or Williams any day of the week over Davis, because their skill sets actually translate to the next level. Davis is fools gold IMO.

Davis has better route running capabilities, better hands, and is more of a threat in the slot or on the outside compared to Williams.

Ross is a gamble with his lingering knee issues. Is he fast? no doubt. Can he catch? pretty well. He just reminds me of a minor upgrade from marquise goodwin.

Quesfion, since I didn't follow Trubisky's college career all that closely before he became the starter - Why did it take him so long to start in college? He had a not so great QB in front of him the past few years. Why wasn't Trubisky able to beat him out to start?

He's probably one of my 2 favorite QB's from this draft class. But I'd be terrified to take this guy with a top 10 pick after barely a season of starting in college. There's just so little to go on, and we've all seen plenty of QBs have 1 good year in college. Look at Hackenberg, Barkley, etc etc. They tore it up their first year. People were calling them sure fire 1st overall picks. 1 good year in college simply isn't enough to go off of IMO (especially for us fans).

I definitely see potential there, but he's still quite a project IMO. I'd take a shot on this guy if he made it to our 2nd or 3rd round pick. But for me personally, I just think it's too big a gamble to draft him at #10.

And definitely no interest in trading up for him. Not with 13 starts. That's crazy. Trading up to the top of the draft for a QB almost never works for the team trading up anyway.

The "not so great" QB in front of him -- Marquise Williams -- was a team leader who in his JR/SR years threw for 6000 yards/45 TDs and rushed for 26 more. He even caught two TDs. Did he project as an NFL starting QB? No, but he was a terrific college QB and it's a silly question to ask why Trubisky didn't supplant him.

I heard he's likely to fall to the 2nd. I would not take him in the 1st just because he is VERY inexperienced. Not only that but his record was not good.

Watson, Kizer & Mahomes.....maybe if we sneak back into first rd.

No, just no.

Trading up? LOL. I think Whaley would give away next years 1st rounder for him too... that's no good.

Trubisky said in that video "i want to progress more in the nfl", implementing that he still has a long way to go and that he'd need to grow exponentially in order to become an elite QB.

I don't see the value in trading up OR drafting him 10th overall. Get Corey Davis.

Listen, I do not want anything to do with Trubisky in the first, but, do you realize what you said above? Do you really not want a QB (or any other player) who has a high ceiling? Personally, I do. You also made quite the leap between the one sentence quote and your extrapolation.

I heard he's likely to fall to the 2nd. I would not take him in the 1st just because he is VERY inexperienced. Not only that but his record was not good.

Watson, Kizer & Mahomes.....maybe if we sneak back into first rd.

Trubisky is a guy you move back into the 1st for, if he somehow slides.

This guy will be an NFL starter for a long time. Great kid, level-headed leader, hard worker, insanely accurate, good arm strength, and great mobility. He's got all the tools and intangible, he just needs a little more experience. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Joe Montana, but his floor is Chad Pennington. Right situation and coaching and he could end up alot like Aaron Rodgers. Similar traits (maybe not quite the same gun)

Marquise Williams was pretty freaking good. Packers had him for a bit, when Williams got dinged up this happened "I knew once I saw the coverage it was a TD" Get er dun !!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_qkdoifHvoU

Trubisky is a guy you move back into the 1st for, if he somehow slides.

This guy will be an NFL starter for a long time. Great kid, level-headed leader, hard worker, insanely accurate, good arm strength, and great mobility. He's got all the tools and intangible, he just needs a little more experience. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Joe Montana, but his floor is Chad Pennington.

Insanely accurate and hard worker is why he will succeed. I see Andy Dalton as his floor. Edited by Ryan L Billz

If by high ceiling, you mean he hasn't accomplished much yet then of course his roof is higher than others. Other QBs have won bigger games, started more and have better numbers.

He got exposed in his last game. Where was his insane accuracy? You can put that L squarely on his shoulders.

If by high ceiling, you mean he hasn't accomplished much yet then of course his roof is higher than others. Other QBs have won bigger games, started more and have better numbers.He got exposed in his last game. Where was his insane accuracy? You can put that L squarely on his shoulders.

Yea that 90 yard drive with under 2 mins left really exposed him ???

Let's not make this about the qb you love again now that we have forgotten the pain of watching him vs Pitt and Oak.

Edited by Ryan L Billz