Red flag for Myles Garrett?

I'm very excited for the reactions of my Browns backer friends with they take Trub #1 and trade half their cache of draft picks to get Fournette somewhere between #3-#6

they are a year late on the high end RB and should've taken Zeke last year at 2. Instead he was doing o-h-i-o in Cleveland Browns stadium as a cowboy which is sickening.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

browns should be thinking mitch at 1, then mccaffrey or fournette at 12. Then go get your defensive guys. corey coleman in round 1 last year, keep josh gordon and top rb with isaiah crowell. takes a lot of pressure off mitch to have to win games. but what do i know i know nothing of advanced stats.

browns should be thinking mitch at 1, then mccaffrey or fournette at 12. Then go get your defensive guys. corey coleman in round 1 last year, keep josh gordon and top rb with isaiah crowell. takes a lot of pressure off mitch to have to win games. but what do i know i know nothing of advanced stats.

If they take Trubisky at 1, they are very unlikely to get a shot at either Fournette or McCaffrey at 12 IMO.

If they take Trubisky at 1, they are very unlikely to get a shot at either Fournette or McCaffrey at 12 IMO.

They have enough ammo to move up and get either guy (Fournette seems to be the one they want). They have picks 12 - 33 - 52 - 65 - 108 - 145 - 175 - 181 - 185 - 188

#12 + #52 is ~#6 on the trade value chart, so they could use those picks (plus a 5 and/or a 6 if needed) to move to ~#4-#7 to get their RB and still have plenty of picks to go defense.

I think it's a stretch to think 2 rb's go top ten in this draft. I know the jags are linked and the panthers but i think the panthers go d line and then mccaff falls down to the browns. but if someone grabs one maybe they rock the world and take mixon early 3rd and take a nice defensive player at 12 or even one of the wr's.

There has been chatter about McCaffery going in the top 15, as well as Mixon being a early 2nd guy. Could be smoke and mirrors. McCaffery's only real con on tape is that he is a shifty elusive guy and will not run through guys, but that has never been his game and he will make people whiff big time, and longer term, that style is likely more sustainable in this league than a battering ram RB.

Browns have to go Garrett at #1. He is clearly the top prospect on the board by a large margin, and you can never have too many pass rushers. Are any of the QBs considered a top 15 player on any board? I'd say you should never reach that badly, but last year you had QBs go 1-2 and neither were top 15 guys.

If you want a QB that bad, just take the best one available at 12.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

They have enough ammo to move up and get either guy (Fournette seems to be the one they want). They have picks 12 - 33 - 52 - 65 - 108 - 145 - 175 - 181 - 185 - 188

#12 + #52 is ~#6 on the trade value chart, so they could use those picks (plus a 5 and/or a 6 if needed) to move to ~#4-#7 to get their RB and still have plenty of picks to go defense.

Indeed--I just don't see either guy getting to 12 was my point.

I think it's a stretch to think 2 rb's go top ten in this draft. I know the jags are linked and the panthers but i think the panthers go d line and then mccaff falls down to the browns. but if someone grabs one maybe they rock the world and take mixon early 3rd and take a nice defensive player at 12 or even one of the wr's.

I've had McCaffrey going to Carolina at 8 for quite some time actually...I think that's a very real possibility.

There has been chatter about McCaffery going in the top 15, as well as Mixon being a early 2nd guy. Could be smoke and mirrors. McCaffery's only real con on tape is that he is a shifty elusive guy and will not run through guys, but that has never been his game and he will make people whiff big time, and longer term, that style is likely more sustainable in this league than a battering ram RB.

Browns have to go Garrett at #1. He is clearly the top prospect on the board by a large margin, and you can never have too many pass rushers. Are any of the QBs considered a top 15 player on any board? I'd say you should never reach that badly, but last year you had QBs go 1-2 and neither were top 15 guys.

If you want a QB that bad, just take the best one available at 12.

I think the fact that he's an excellent receiver will push McCaffrey into the top-10

I think avoiding the show was very wise.

Every one of these kids should avoid: the media, any parties and DEFINITELY any contact/communication with women. They should go into seclusion as much as possible leading up to the draft.

Booger McF., is a troll. He knows what he's doing and ESPN is paying him to do it. Bush League.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I listen to Sirius NFL radio often and Booger McFarland is by far the worst commentator on there. Just another loud mouth who clearly comes off as being far less knowledgeable than his counterparts.

yes I would be very surprised if they trade back (again) but, Browns. Their 53 man roster last year was 50% rookies and the last thing they need is more rookies but, Browns.

I hear ya.

When it comes to the Browns on draft day, I have no idea what they will do.

Gettin a little Billsy in Berea

Mike Freeman reporting Hue wants QB and FO wants Garrett

Tony Pauline reporting Hue wants Garrett and FO wants Mitchy Biscuits

"Split decision" but still waiting to hear from the homeless guy

Edited by YoloinOhio

Gettin a little Billsy in Berea

Mike Freeman reporting Hue wants QB and FO wants Garrett

Tony Pauline reporting Hue wants Garrett and FO wants Mitchy Biscuits

"Split decision" but still waiting to hear from the homeless guy

The Homeless Guy in Cleveland is like the taxi cab guy for Buffalo.

as long as they don't try to get cute I don't know how they can screw it up this time.

Very easily... We all must hope they screw ever pick up. Like when the Jets screwed up the draft when they had 12 picks.

This is why "moneyball" in the NFL doesn't work, b.c no matter how many picks you have they could all be busts very easily.

Very easily... We all must hope they screw ever pick up. Like when the Jets screwed up the draft when they had 12 picks.

This is why "moneyball" in the NFL doesn't work, b.c no matter how many picks you have they could all be busts very easily.

That's the thing. If you are bad at evaluating and developing talent for 8 picks, you aren't suddenly going to get better with 4 more picks. They would be crazy to pass on Garret, crazier still to take Trub at #1, but you can't rule it out.