I do not trade out of #10 if this guy is still there, is...

What say you. If X player is still on the board at #10 who do you NOT trade out of #10 and take? For me there is only one and its Reuben Foster LB. Other than that I trade out period.

REUBEN FOSTER.

Edited by KellyToughII

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wanted Foster then saw a report that during potential team interviews he did not follow along well when they asked him to decipher the Xs and Os of plays. His Coach (Saban) agreed he does not do well with that on paper process but proves his understanding on the field and on film.

The coach also pointed out - Foster would (smartly) call out the signals for the defense so maybe it was never required in college but I don't know if an inability to follow along on paper will hamper him in an NFL career.

Hooker or Lattimore would be ecstatic for me - yes I need a life ;-)

At number 10 the Buffalo Bills pick

Ruben Foster/OJ Howard Out of Ala.

OR - Derek Barnett .

This guy broke Reggie Whites sack record at Tenn. just to be put in the same sentence as Reggie is saying something let alone braking his record, he could be the next BRUUUCE !!

I think any one of these guys will be day one starters & can make a huge difference on game day for the Bills !!

Compared to what else is available, yes. It's a bad year for QB's. There's no point in forcing it like we did for EJ.

People who keep comparing this QB class to EJ Manuel have no idea how to evaluate an NFL QB prospect. Period. End of story. It is in no way, shape, or form, the same QB class. All you need to do is look at the stats and watch a few minutes of film to see that there are at least 3 QBs, probably more, in this draft who are miles ahead of where EJ was when he was drafted. Watch EJ play at FSU, he had terrible accuracy then too. It's not even close.

Edited by Mark80

Watson

Are you aware that no QB has been timed under 55 MPH at the combine in years and Watson was timed at 49? He throws the slowest football of any QB to come out in years and no successful QB has thrown under 55 at the combine since its inception. Is this concerning to you or anyone? It sounded a bit alarming to me. I feel like it's more significant than the annual hand size debate.

For me it would be Hooker or Adams. I think that they would represent good value at a position of need.

+1

If one of those guys is on the board and we don't take them or we trade out, I'll be heartbroken. I'd also be thrilled with Solomon Thomas but can't see him falling that far. Everyone else I think there's similar value at 10 as there is at 20.

Compared to what else is available, yes. It's a bad year for QB's. There's no point in forcing it like we did for EJ.

Ha it's not nearly as bad as the 2013 draft class. Not only are the QB's way better but the draft overall is WAYYYYY better. Like 2013 was the worst first round since I've been following football and 2017 is above average talent-wise. So if QB's are going fairly high, I trust they're worth it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

People who keep comparing this QB class to EJ Manuel have no idea how to evaluate an NFL QB prospect. Period. End of story. It is in no way, shape, or form, the same QB class. All you need to do is look at the stats and watch a few minutes of film to see that there are at least 3 QBs, probably more, in this draft who are miles ahead of where EJ was when he was drafted. Watch EJ play at FSU, he had terrible accuracy then too. It's not even close.

Is that what the scouts do? Watch a few minutes of film and look over the stats? Interesting.................

Haasan Reddick is a hell of a football player. Would also have a tough time passing on Foster.

All of a sudden, everybody is OK with Tyrod?

No but reality is Whaley won't take a QB there. Only McDermott telling the Pegulas he wants one, will get that done

What say you. If X player is still on the board at #10 who do you NOT trade out of #10 and take? For me there is only one and its Reuben Foster LB. Other than that I trade out period.

REUBEN FOSTER, REUBEN FOSTER,

Yes. Unless you think Ragland can play WLB, which I don't.

No but reality is Whaley won't take a QB there. Only McDermott telling the Pegulas he wants one, will get that done

If Mcdermott actually demanded a high QB prospect and was ready to develop him I would gain a whole lot of respect for him. Just see him as another Marrone, conservative coach that will ride the veteran QB for short term results.

That is what I don't get, these QB's are better than people think. I go Mitch Trubisky if he is there. Why? He would be a perfect fit in a WCO which is what we are going to run now.

If Mcdermott actually demanded a high QB prospect and was ready to develop him I would gain a whole lot of respect for him. Just see him as another Marrone, conservative coach that will ride the veteran QB for short term results.

I would respect him for that as well. The kid doesn't have to play this year.