Ryan gave brother Rob "run of the place" in 2016.

JM2009

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-rex-ryan-gave-brother-rob-run-of-the-place-during-bills-disastrous-2016/

According to Myers, Rex “basically dedicated” last year to “resurrecting the reputation” of Rob and gave him the “run of the place.”

According to a well-placed source, Rex Ryan basically dedicated the 2016 season to resurrecting the reputation of his brother Rob, who most recently had been fired by the Cowboys and Saints. Rob was not the Bills defensive coordinator but had the run of the place. He was almost the co-head coach. It backfired on Rex and they both got canned. Bills owner Terry Pegula was so anxious to end the Ryan reign of error that he let him go with three years and $16.5 million left on his contract. Rex was so concerned about his brother that the staff became dysfunctional. Rex groupies will find it hard to believe it was his fault, but some of his actions behind the scenes were indicative of a coach with a death wish.

The 2016 season was pretty much a waste of time with these two. Edited by Just Jack

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-rex-ryan-gave-brother-rob-run-of-the-place-during-bills-disastrous-2016/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58ea85df04d3010ebecda978&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

2BD is officially way off the rails

cannot wait for the draft

What is it with this message board? Posting real articles with legitimate sources appears to be against the norm.

not to really knock the thread JM. but it is pretty much irrelevant now with the circus rolled up and long gone. they're under a new regime now that seems to be putting things together pretty well so far under McD.

should be an exciting season ahead.

johnwalter, on 09 Apr 2017 - 2:18 PM, said:

2BD is officially way off the rails

cannot wait for the draft

off the rails. why would you say that? sure the first wave may of been a little over whelming but it seems to have settled down some. I just wonder if some, like yourself, may of rather shut the door in the face of the new members rather than welcome them?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

not to really knock the thread JM. but it is pretty much irrelevant now with the circus rolled up and long gone. they're under a new regime now that seems to be putting things together pretty well so far under McD.

should be an exciting season ahead.

I can understand that, but this is a new report that just came out today. And I've been told that posting links and such and articles is wrong. Bizarre place. It almost seems you can start a made up topic and that's fine, but not one that is credible with proof.

This was pretty much all insinuated by players and other reports after the season. Pegs had no choice but to move on, and so have I. But it's still funny that reporters had their minds blown over the fact that Whaley never asked Pegs why he fired Rex :lol:

I can understand that, but this is a new report that just came out today. And I've been told that posting links and such and articles is wrong. Bizarre place. It almost seems you can start a made up topic and that's fine, but not one that is credible with proof.

it is interesting to say the least. just thankful he and his circus are gone...

off the rails. why would you say that? sure the first wave may of been a little over whelming but it seems to have settled down some. I just wonder if some, like yourself, may of rather shut the door in the face of the new members rather than welcome them?

This is a fair criticism - I apologize. Welcome to twobillsdrive!

You can post links with a small segment of the article. They just asked that you don't post the entire article due to copy right laws. I don't think that is unreasonable at all.

Also, I enjoyed reading the article you posted. So thanks for sharing.

....Wrecks conned TP into Pegula's "EBT Card Program" which had a cupcake exclusion for 'ol unemployed Rob.....this bovine needed a paycheck and Terry took the bait.....pretty sure he has wised up now....sorry but the Wrecks hiring (special thanks to BranDUMB) and the Noodleless Kolb signing both rank in the all time "Top 5 OBD Gaffes" in my tenure which goes back to 1962......

This may be an unpopular post, but hear me out.

Rex Ryan has only been a HC for 6 years in the NFL. Who is to say a HC can't improve after six years and become the franchise HC? Especially when he had 2 years at basically .500 as a Bill. I know he had 6 years to get the mental things down, the timeouts over the middle, the command of the team, but it was only his second year in Buffalo. I think we should've at least kept Rex as a bridge HC until we could find one better. I would hate to walk away from Rex and watch a guy like Rob Chudzinski go 4-12 if a rookie HC doesn't pan out. Let's face it, there just aren't many good NFL HC's out there and maybe if we improve the weapons around Rex, Rob stays healthy etc. he can really shine.

The Rex that was fired by the Jets was the same one hired by our owner. The outcome was predictable. To the owners' credit he acted rather quickly in correcting his mistake. That demonstrates that he is serious in creating a winner.

What's refreshing is the dramatic change of atmosphere with the new coaching hire and the staff he has assembled. There is a maturity, seriousness and intelligence that wasn't present under the prior circus act. I don't see McDermott tolerating players coming late to meetings or not being attentive (sleeping) while they are going on. I'm confident that because the coach is disciplined the players will also behave in a more disciplined manner. The one player who should be helped with this more accountable environment is Dareus. If he doesn't adjust to this more rigorous environment I don't see him lasting with this team.