Let's Talk About Trading Up

Mahomes doesn't warrant a top 10 pick, there are questions if he even warrants a 1st Round pick. Davis' injury concerns me as he did no offseason workouts so don't have a timed forty on him and being he played in a lesser conference in college I wonder how "good" he is. Foster might be the best LB in the draft but unsure we need a LB with our top pick as expect us to spent a majority of our time in 4-2-5 defense. I'd prefer taking a top safety (not Peppers) or Mike Williams or OJ Howard or trade down.

Don't let Blokes see you questioning Davis. I thought that he was going to propose to him in the fall.

Can anyone name a single draft trade 'up' that's worked for our Bills in recent memory

I can't but someone might know

It didn't work out for Sammy, Ragland, TJ Graham, or numerous QB's

It didn't work out for the Phins and Jordan

So if it hasn't worked out for us and others

One would think we'd learned a lesson here?

Nope, lol

Though I do LOVE Allen at our backup DT in 2017 and then starter 2018 forward

And I think he'll still be there at 10

But in no way would I lose yet another draft pick for the pleasure

jc

Can anyone name a single draft trade 'up' that's worked for our Bills in recent memory

I can't but someone might know

It didn't work out for Sammy, Ragland, TJ Graham, or numerous QB's

It didn't work out for the Phins and Jordan

So if it hasn't worked out for us and others

One would think we'd learned a lesson here?

Nope, lol

Though I do LOVE Allen at our backup DT in 2017 and then starter 2018 forward

And I think he'll still be there at 10

But in no way would I lose yet another draft pick for the pleasure

jc

Worked out nicely for the Falcons getting Jones. Browns have traded down recently and hasn't worked for them.

What scenario would be appealing to move up in the draft?

What type of currency would you be willing to part with to get said player?

I recognize that this is an unpopular strategy, especially considering that our big trade for Sammy has not produced as expected, but I do hope that OBD is not gunshy if the right opportunity presents itself.

The one guy I'd be intrigued to make a move for is Jonathan Allen. It's not a pressing need at all, but if he got to #7, I'd at least call the Chargers. There has been some chatter about "bad shoulders", but the guy has never missed time. Long term replacement for Kyle, an immediate contributor at multiple positions across the D-line (favorably compared to Michael Bennett), ridiculous production. We have talent that can rush the passer, but this kind of move could help cement our ability to attack QBs consistently, aid our young secondary and improve the run defense with a big body to move (Kyle has never been a great run defender) I'd have a hard time trading up for a Safety and doubt a top tier corner makes it that far. Going off the value chart, a 3rd and 6th may grease the skids for a move to 7.

:ph34r:

Not a pressing need AND "bad shoulders"?

Sold!

Jones trade up noted, it was quite successful

Though it was a lifetime 6 years ago

Any recent Bills trade up that worked?

jc

I'm not saying it's perfect but if you asked the Browns if they'd rather have Justin Gilbert & Cam Erving or Sammy Watkins I'm confident they'd say Watkins. He is elite when healthy (emphasis on the when).

I'm not saying it's perfect but if you asked the Browns if they'd rather have Justin Gilbert & Cam Erving or Sammy Watkins I'm confident they'd say Watkins. He is elite when healthy (emphasis on the when).

I fully agree, and THIS is the year!

(Maybe.)

He'll bet a stud just in time for a HUGE contract! :(

Edited by Augie