Redskins sign Zack Brown

You've seen enough of my offseason plan to have a good idea of where I was at, so I won't rehash it here.

I'm not sold on the DiMarco and Poyer signings, but Ducasse is the one that sticks in my craw. I think he's terrible, and I have no idea how he makes a team that returns 9 NFL-roster-worthy OLmen (last year's starting 5 plus Cyrus, Henderson, Groy, and Lewis,--that's without mentioning Michael Ola, who has started 19 career games at RT).

I'm not a pedant when it comes to compensatory picks, but it'll be a sad state of affairs if the Ducasse signing prevents this team from a 3rd round compensatory pick they'd have recouped from Gilmore's defection to a division rival.

Between Ducasse and Davis, I don't think we're getting that 3rd rounder, bud.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Pats acquired GIlmore, Ealy, Cooks and Allen and are still gonna get 2 comp picks. Outrageous.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between Ducasse and Davis, I don't think we're getting that 3rd rounder, bud.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Pats acquired GIlmore, Ealy, Cooks and Allen and are still gonna get 2 comp picks. Outrageous.

Hard to say, the valuation for qualifying CFAs includes actual player quality and playoff appearances, not just money, so who knows if they'll be right about who qualifies.

Also, there remains the possibility that guys like Gragg, Bryant, White, Blanton, and Douzable will end up getting contracts before June 1st, so a net loss could still happen.

Hard to say, the valuation for qualifying CFAs includes actual player quality and playoff appearances, not just money, so who knows if they'll be right about who qualifies.

Also, there remains the possibility that guys like Gragg, Bryant, White, Blanton, and Douzable will end up getting contracts before June 1st, so a net loss could still happen.

i think Bryant is still injured. It is stopping him working out. Sadly that likely means he is picked up after the cut off point which sucks for us.

I guess the league really does watch the tape.

@corryjoe

Zach Brown's 1-year deal with the Redskins is for $2.3M (worth a maximum of $4.6M through incentives). $700k is fully GTD.

Curious as to why the Bills didn't offer something around that, doesn't seem expensive, guess they really didn't want him back.

Edited by Captain Murica

Curious as to why the Bills didn't offer something around that, doesn't seem expensive, guess they really didn't him back.

...something isn't passing the smell test here at those numbers, especially the guaranteed part.....guy did not want to come back IMO....just an opinion and observation....

...something isn't passing the smell test here at those numbers, especially the guaranteed part.....guy did not want to come back IMO....just an opinion and observation....

Could be that too, but seeing as he and P. Brown became good friends from what Social Media depicts I would think if it was close he would have came back but maybe he was hoping for a big payday and pull a Haynesworth.

That's what I was insinuating with maybe they didn't want him back due to the lack of effort and the regression he displayed in the final half/quarter of the season.

i wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the ones sleeping in meetings last year (Lorax mentioned in an interview). McD might have laid down the law to him on his visit and he said see ya, different culture he didn't really want to fall in line with Edited by YoloinOhio