Mets fans?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

That was just depressing last night.  One of if not the worst loss this year.  DeGrom pitches his heart out only to get no run support.  Too it's credit the bullpen wasn't bad for most of the night.  WTF as well with the number of Cubs fans there when they took the lead?  That was equally depressing.

Last night is what pushed me over the edge to say to start a 2-3 year rebuild now.  Build up on some minor league talent 

That was ridiculous, but not unexpected seeing as a lot of fans are already packing it in and selling their seats.  

Ill be be there next Sunday for Sunday Night baseball against the Yankees and have a feeling it will be 50/50 if not more Yankees fans than Mets fans. Which is really depressing.

10 hours ago, Another Fan said:

That was just depressing last night.  One of if not the worst loss this year.  DeGrom pitches his heart out only to get no run support.  Too it's credit the bullpen wasn't bad for most of the night.  WTF as well with the number of Cubs fans there when they took the lead?  That was equally depressing.

Last night is what pushed me over the edge to say to start a 2-3 year rebuild now.  Build up on some minor league talent 

Yeah, I’m pretty much there myself saying we need to rebuild. Keep Thor, DeGrom, conforto, and Nimmo. The rest of the misfits can be shipped off. 

It worked wonders for the Phillies, Braves and Astros. Too bad we can follow our cross town neighbors model. By building up the farm system and continue to sign/trade for big names to win now and for the future. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yeah, I’m pretty much there myself saying we need to rebuild. Keep Thor, DeGrom, conforto, and Nimmo. The rest of the misfits can be shipped off. 

It worked wonders for the Phillies, Braves and Astros. Too bad we can follow our cross town neighbors model. By building up the farm system and continue to sign/trade for big names to win now and for the future. 

I hear that.  Try to have fun at the Yankee game.  It might actually be in the teams best interest to get spanked by the Yanks.  Maybe that's what it'll take to change things around and get through to management. 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Two words:  Bobby Valentine

He'd have his team in first place.  Guaranteed.  

Yup, he would. I went back a few days ago to look at his record as the Mets manager. His record was really good, and it feels like 100 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anybody else excited about the draft on Monday? Me neither. But still, it's happening, so let's discuss.

We're sitting at #6 overall. For months, the mets been rumored to have strong interest in Alec Bohm and Jonathan India, both third basemen, from Wichita State and Florida, respectively. My gut tells me they'll take Bohm if he somehow gets by Philly, but I think India goes later. My wildcard (and preference) is outfielder Jarred Kelenic from Wisconsin, who is considered the best hitter in the draft. He's just out of high school, and very much the wildcard Brandon Nimmo was. Not only can he hit -- he has an amazing eye at the plate.

We need lots of help in 2018, but that's not going to come out of this draft regardless. I think we're sellers this year and will be unloading a number of our vets for prospects. I don't have any issues developing an 18-year-old.

Thoughts on the draft?

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Yup, he would. I went back a few days ago to look at his record as the Mets manager. His record was really good, and it feels like 100 years ago. 

In my lifetime, I've loved Davey Johnson and Valentine as our managers. That's it.

Edited by Golden Goat

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm willing to bet Bruce is going to end up in Minnesota. 

I'd be happy to be rid of Bruce, but why would Minnesota want him? And I don't see getting much of value in return...and that would be dependent on us  eating contract which also seems unlikely.

59 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet even though my expectations for the rest of the year are pretty low (although starting pitching has been pretty encouraging lately). Farm system looks pretty bare. Besides Alonso I'm not sure who we'd want to make room for this year. 

I don't see any sense in giving up on Rosario. Mesoraco has shown me enough to continue his tryout. I'm also not ready to give up on Matz who has been very good lately. 

Gsellman and Lugo could easily be traded, but I don't think dumping promising young pitchers is a good idea.

Familia would be a hot commodity. Someone would take Blevins...left handed pitcher with a pulse. And I'd be fine with moving on from Wheeler for the right return.

Cabrera is probably our best example of a guy we could sell high on, I'm just not ready yet.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Two words:  Bobby Valentine

He'd have his team in first place.  Guaranteed.  

His World Series outfield was Benny Agbayani, Timo Perez and Jay Payton.

If you view Team Salary Payroll and sort by Total Payroll, the Mets are 11th out of 30 MLB teams at $157.4M

But, if you sort by 25 Man Roster payroll they are 25th in MLB with $60.4M, barely ahead of the Padres and the Marlins

Basically they're a July trade of Asdrubal Cabrera away from having the lowest active roster payroll in the NL, unless David Wright makes it back into major league action this year

7 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

You got your guy, eh? Nice call.

On a completely unrelated note, here's another insult heaped on Mets fans this past weekend. The Todd Frazier replica pull-over giveaway didn't happen on Saturday night due to a quality control issue:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/mlb/mets/2018/06/02/ny-mets-pull-fan-giveaway-because-quality-control-issue/666704002/

Instead, the first 15,000 fans got vouchers for the pull-over. And according to a co-worker they were giving out left-over Conforto jerseys from the night before and other t-shirts.

For the record I got the Conforto give-away on Friday and it is surprisingly nice. Might be the highest quality giveaway with the least intrusive advertising I've ever gotten.

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

If you view Team Salary Payroll and sort by Total Payroll, the Mets are 11th out of 30 MLB teams at $157.4M

But, if you sort by 25 Man Roster payroll they are 25th in MLB with $60.4M, barely ahead of the Padres and the Marlins

Basically they're a July trade of Asdrubal Cabrera away from having the lowest active roster payroll in the NL, unless David Wright makes it back into major league action this year

If Wright does come back,which is very unlikely...how does that effect the insurance policy they took out on him? I just don't see the doctors giving him the green light ...shoot,if the insurance/comp case goes off the books and he comes back for just a few games,won't the ownership have to pay him? I have no clue how that would work.

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

If Wright does come back,which is very unlikely...how does that effect the insurance policy they took out on him? I just don't see the doctors giving him the green light ...shoot,if the insurance/comp case goes off the books and he comes back for just a few games,won't the ownership have to pay him? I have no clue how that would work.

Well, since the Wilpons are still at the helm, my guess is that this will work out in a way that has the Mets paying Wright for the next 25-30 years.

10 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

You got your guy, eh? Nice call.

On a completely unrelated note, here's another insult heaped on Mets fans this past weekend. The Todd Frazier replica pull-over giveaway didn't happen on Saturday night due to a quality control issue:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/mlb/mets/2018/06/02/ny-mets-pull-fan-giveaway-because-quality-control-issue/666704002/

Instead, the first 15,000 fans got vouchers for the pull-over. And according to a co-worker they were giving out left-over Conforto jerseys from the night before and other t-shirts.

For the record I got the Conforto give-away on Friday and it is surprisingly nice. Might be the highest quality giveaway with the least intrusive advertising I've ever gotten.

My son and I are going to Thor Bobblehead night in August.

A couple years ago, we went to Syndergaarden Gnome day.  First 15,000 fans.  We were, it seemed, fans 15003 and 15004.  That sucked.

For a 7:10pm game, what time do you think we should get in line to get in?  The first 25,000 fans get the bobblehead and I don't want to miss out again.

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well, since the Wilpons are still at the helm, my guess is that this will work out in a way that has the Mets paying Wright for the next 25-30 years.

My son and I are going to Thor Bobblehead night in August.

A couple years ago, we went to Syndergaarden Gnome day.  First 15,000 fans.  We were, it seemed, fans 15003 and 15004.  That sucked.

For a 7:10pm game, what time do you think we should get in line to get in?  The first 25,000 fans get the bobblehead and I don't want to miss out again.

Well if it we're out of the race you shouldn't have a problem. A half hour before game time should be way more than enough time. If we're in the mix maybe an hour to be on the safe side, but probably less is fine.

If you go in early the food lines won't be ridiculously long and you can also walk around and check out the park. You can get right up to the bullpen and watch the pitchers warm up, check out the Mets Hall Of Fame (or whatever they call it) and check out the view from different parts of the park. 

If you haven't done this already, another thing to do before you enter the park is find the home plate and base plaques for Shea out in the parking lot.

• Like (+1) 1