Mets fans?

Another Fan

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Frazier and Rosario did their best to !@#$ it up for him.  Second start in a row in which he knocked in the only run while he was pitching.  This guy not only deserves the Cy Young, he deserves an award for not throwing his glove in the air and telling his teammates to go !@#$ themselves.

Citi Field is the best field I've ever been to .. including Shea and the original Yankee stadium, as well as Fenway and Wrigley.

I"m trying not to be biased, but it's just an amazing park.  Next season, I want to get to Camden Yards, as I think that might give Citi a run for its money.  But from what I've seen (about a dozen MLB parks), it is the best.

Camden Yards was the model for most ball parks built ever since...including Citi Field, but not Yankee Stadium..

I had the good fortune to attend a game the inaugural season at Camden.  Fun story, no clue if they still do it. If a fan caught a foul ball the stadium announcer would say "Give that fan a contract" and an usher would  hand the fan a contract. After one or more of catches if a fan blew the catch the announcer would say "give that fan...an error!". 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

We own 3 of the top 5 pitchers in WAR. Wheeler has been amazing this second half and I’m really glad we did not trade him. 

Also, here’s a side note. 

METS record in second half: 23-20

Yankees record in second half: 24-19

Great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is amazing. If you didn't see it last night, Todd Frazier dove into the stands to catch a foul ball last night:

https://www.mlb.com/news/todd-frazier-catches-foul-ball-in-stands/c-293232214

Except he didn't. On the pregame tonight they showed how when he dove into the stands he  came out with a  rubber ball in his glove and a fan had the real baseball. Wish I had video of the segment, maybe it'll get posted later.

In the mean time if you look at the video above between the 10 and 16 second marks you can see a guy in a white Turner shirt pick up the real ball and hand it to a hottie with a Dodgers hat on backwards. At the 51 second mark you can see the ball underneath Frazier next to a green backpack as he's diving into the stands. Must've picked up the other ball off the ground before he got up.

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

This is amazing. If you didn't see it last night, Todd Frazier dove into the stands to catch a foul ball last night:

https://www.mlb.com/news/todd-frazier-catches-foul-ball-in-stands/c-293232214

Except he didn't. On the pregame tonight they showed how when he dove into the stands he  came out with a  rubber ball in his glove and a fan had the real baseball. Wish I had video of the segment, maybe it'll get posted later.

In the mean time if you look at the video above between the 10 and 16 second marks you can see a guy in a white Turner shirt pick up the real ball and hand it to a hottie with a Dodgers hat on backwards. At the 51 second mark you can see the ball underneath Frazier next to a green backpack as he's diving into the stands. Must've picked up the other ball off the ground before he got up.

More on this:  https://www.mlb.com/cut4/todd-frazier-tricked-umpires-with-rubber-ball/c-293382054

I still think he had control of the ball before taking the tumble.  Either way, quick thinking on his part!

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

More on this:  https://www.mlb.com/cut4/todd-frazier-tricked-umpires-with-rubber-ball/c-293382054

I still think he had control of the ball before taking the tumble.  Either way, quick thinking on his part!

It just got a little better with Frazier's comments today. This is worth watching to the end.

https://www.sny.tv/video/2470031483/frazier-explains-his-catch

For the locals....for the rest of the season the organization is offering 4 tickets for 48 bucks and tomorrow is Winter Hat giveaway night....those hats rock.and are worth 12 bucks alone.edit- first 12 k in the stadium get the hats.

Edited by Misterbluesky

They just showed on the broadcast this is the 20th anniversary of McGwires 62nd home run.  Coming off none other then Steve Traschel.  His 50th HR that year actually was at Shea, I still recall it.  Who knows what he was taking legally or illegally at the time.

On another note, nice game so far tonight 

Edited by Another Fan

56 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Two earned runs in seven innings and DeGroms ERA actually went up.  Dude is a beast 

Going under .500 will make the Cy Young a tough sell even though we all know he deserves it.

You know what really has me steamed about this past Sunday? Besides the Bills? When the Mets held Jake out of the game due to the rain forecast it meant that he won't pitch Friday night when I'm at the game in Fenway.

Someone remind me again why I love sports, and more to the point the Mets and Bills!

12 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Going under .500 will make the Cy Young a tough sell even though we all know he deserves it.

You know what really has me steamed about this past Sunday? Besides the Bills? When the Mets held Jake out of the game due to the rain forecast it meant that he won't pitch Friday night when I'm at the game in Fenway.

Someone remind me again why I love sports, and more to the point the Mets and Bills!

I guess it would be that much sweeter if we ever see them win someday.  You know it’s bad when I feel better about the Mets than the Bills at the moment.

I do root for the Indians as my American League team.  It is akward though pulling for Oliver Perez.  

Enjoy the the game though.  Is this your first time at Fenway?

10 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I guess it would be that much sweeter if we ever see them win someday.  You know it’s bad when I feel better about the Mets than the Bills at the moment.

I do root for the Indians as my American League team.  It is akward though pulling for Oliver Perez.  

Enjoy the the game though.  Is this your first time at Fenway?

Been to Fenway twice, going up to see college friends I haven't seen in ages. One is an insufferable Pats fan. My best man (Jets fan) wanted to kill him a few years back. 

Last time I was at Fenway was regular season the year they ended up winning the WS for the first time since 1918. Looking in from the CF bleachers Gabe Kapler in RF was wearing 19 and Damon in CF was 18. Insufferable Pat fan actually pointed it out to me as a joke.

Ollie is still pitching? I was just telling my kids about him for some reason in the past week or so. He was the balls at first for us and as bad as it gets at the end. I remember a Sunday night game where he dominated the Yankees.

12 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Been to Fenway twice, going up to see college friends I haven't seen in ages. One is an insufferable Pats fan. My best man (Jets fan) wanted to kill him a few years back. 

Last time I was at Fenway was regular season the year they ended up winning the WS for the first time since 1918. Looking in from the CF bleachers Gabe Kapler in RF was wearing 19 and Damon in CF was 18. Insufferable Pat fan actually pointed it out to me as a joke.

Ollie is still pitching? I was just telling my kids about him for some reason in the past week or so. He was the balls at first for us and as bad as it gets at the end. I remember a Sunday night game where he dominated the Yankees.

I'll be at Fenway on Saturday.  Meeting my boss there (he's a Sox fan).  Should be fun, but it'll be a long day for me.  Four hours one way.  UGH..

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I'll be at Fenway on Saturday.  Meeting my boss there (he's a Sox fan).  Should be fun, but it'll be a long day for me.  Four hours one way.  UGH..

You suck!  And I mean that in the kindest way...DeGrom should be pitching Saturday. Seriously, enjoy! My loss, your gain. I should get Thor on Friday. 

I've been trying to break it to my youngest that I probably won't get in earlier enough to get the Mookie Betts bobble-head. "Wrong Mookie b!tch!" won't work for him yet. Meanwhile @sshat Pats fan compared Betts to Willie Mays today. This will be fun. Probably the reason I haven't been up there since they broke the curse.

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah he’s a relief pitcher, not doing that bad actually.

2006 Game 7 at the time I thought if nothing else he rose to the occasion here.  Sigh

Im hoping I don’t feel that way about McDermott in a few years after breaking the drought 

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I wonder if whoever pitches for the Marlins serves him up a meatball so he can get that one last hit.

That would be great tbh. Speaking of Meatballs, Matz just hit a bomb.

Also, I always thought to myself if we won in 2015, Wright would have hung them up. That would’ve been great. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like (+1) 2

I actually have a little good feeling about the team right now.   At least they haven’t closed up shop this year and are still battling.  3 more wins and we beat last years total.

At the moment Josh Allen and the QB situation has me pretty anxious.  The last Wright game maybe a distraction. 

On 9/12/2018 at 4:44 AM, Another Fan said:

Yeah he’s a relief pitcher, not doing that bad actually.

2006 Game 7 at the time I thought if nothing else he rose to the occasion here.  Sigh

Im hoping I don’t feel that way about McDermott in a few years after breaking the drought 

He really did. That was one of the guttier performances from any Met in a spot that big.  That one still hurts.

The 2006-2008 Mets remind me of the 1980-81 Bills;  so much potential but couldn't get over the hump.

14 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I actually have a little good feeling about the team right now.   At least they haven’t closed up shop this year and are still battling.  3 more wins and we beat last years total.

At the moment Josh Allen and the QB situation has me pretty anxious.  The last Wright game maybe a distraction. 

Mets: Love the 3 more wins attitude. I wanted 3rd place, but that's unlikely.

Bills: Hope this is the start of something big with Allen. But I think McBeane effed up the backup/transition plan, otherwise Allen would've started game 1.

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

He really did. That was one of the guttier performances from any Met in a spot that big.  That one still hurts.

The 2006-2008 Mets remind me of the 1980-81 Bills;  so much potential but couldn't get over the hump.

Two strong calls that deserve more than just a Like emoji.

I remember Ollie more for his dominant performances than the utter futility that followed. 

On 9/11/2018 at 11:33 PM, SinceThe70s said:

You suck!  And I mean that in the kindest way...DeGrom should be pitching Saturday. Seriously, enjoy! My loss, your gain. I should get Thor on Friday. 

I've been trying to break it to my youngest that I probably won't get in earlier enough to get the Mookie Betts bobble-head. "Wrong Mookie b!tch!" won't work for him yet. Meanwhile @sshat Pats fan compared Betts to Willie Mays today. This will be fun. Probably the reason I haven't been up there since they broke the curse.

Haha.  You may not have saw DeGrom but got to see a mighty good/sweet win!  

Did you get the place to yourself after the Mets went up big?  Maybe not so much Red Sox fans but I have it in my head their bangwagoners.  

Anyway hope you enjoyed

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Haha.  You may not have saw DeGrom but got to see a mighty good/sweet win!  

Did you get the place to yourself after the Mets went up big?  Maybe not so much Red Sox fans but I have it in my head their bangwagoners.  

Anyway hope you enjoyed

Thanks, it was an outstanding day/evening.

Caught up with college friends I haven't seen in ages (even split of Mets/Sawx fans) There were tons of Mets fans at the game and it was a great time. Saw Keith crossing Landsdowne St. heading into the game from our table pre-game.

I was sitting behind the Red Sox bullpen and can actually pick myself out on a replay of McNeils HR arms in the air before the ball clears the fence.

The Sawx fans started the mass exodus after Jackson and Rosario went deep. At one point a Lets Go Mets chant got shouted down by the home team fans.

And apparently there was a rat thing going on that we were oblivious too.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=380914102

Had a great time at Fenway today (Saturday).  I was expecting the Mets to get blown out with Oswalt, but he did really well ... so, of course, Callaway yanked him.

I am really trying to like Dom Smith, but he looks even lazier in person.  Everything he does is slow with his head down.  I think he's a bum.

Insane defensive plays by both Frazier and O'Neill and a nice bomb by Nimmo.

As was the case Friday, there were TONS of Mets fans.  The usher (super hot chick) said she'd never seen/heard so many visiting fans.  Speaking of fans, the Sox fans were great.  I haven't been to Fenway in over 30 years, so I really have no memory.  They know baseball (obviously) and they were having fun with the Mets fans (there was a contingent that took up all of the right field seats.  There was a pretty impressive, "Let's Go Mets!" chant, which was answered with, "Let's Go Red Sox!"  Then, of course, "Yankees Suck!!"

I loved the atmosphere there.  I'd consider it my second best stadium experience to Citi Field.

Great day.  Long as hell. But well worth it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Had a great time at Fenway today (Saturday).  I was expecting the Mets to get blown out with Oswalt, but he did really well ... so, of course, Callaway yanked him.

I am really trying to like Dom Smith, but he looks even lazier in person.  Everything he does is slow with his head down.  I think he's a bum.

Insane defensive plays by both Frazier and O'Neill and a nice bomb by Nimmo.

As was the case Friday, there were TONS of Mets fans.  The usher (super hot chick) said she'd never seen/heard so many visiting fans.  Speaking of fans, the Sox fans were great.  I haven't been to Fenway in over 30 years, so I really have no memory.  They know baseball (obviously) and they were having fun with the Mets fans (there was a contingent that took up all of the right field seats.  There was a pretty impressive, "Let's Go Mets!" chant, which was answered with, "Let's Go Red Sox!"  Then, of course, "Yankees Suck!!"

I loved the atmosphere there.  I'd consider it my second best stadium experience to Citi Field.

Great day.  Long as hell. But well worth it.

Sweet, glad you had a great time!

My friend was actually warned by an usher that "Yankees Suck!!" could get him tossed out of the stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Well matched last years win total tonight.  Nice hitting by Conforto.  We seem to do well against the Phillies as of late 

Indeed!  Too bad we can't have a June do-over.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Well matched last years win total tonight.  Nice hitting by Conforto.  We seem to do well against the Phillies as of late 

It's fresh to see him smile again and have some fun out there.IMO,missing st really hurt him at the plate early on.Like gunner said.....if we could only play June over again. Also....I think Mick is gaining some respect from the players,it took sometime ,but the chemistry looks to there....better late than never?

29 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

It's fresh to see him smile again and have some fun out there.IMO,missing st really hurt him at the plate early on.Like gunner said.....if we could only play June over again. Also....I think Mick is gaining some respect from the players,it took sometime ,but the chemistry looks to there....better late than never?

Maybe, man.  We shall see.  I still think a stint in Vegas for Conforto was the right thing to do.  Perhaps we'd have won more games with him not being here to be an automatic out.  However, I am VERY happy that he was able to work his way out of it.  I just wish it wasn't at the team's expense, that's all.

McNeil is most-certainly our 2B of the future.  I really, really wish they'd jettison Dom Smith and bring Alonso up for the rest of the season.  I love the Conforto, Jackson, Nimmo outfield.  Cespedes can suck it, for all I care.

If Mick does come back next year, I hope he's smart enough to pick a lineup and stick to it.  That constant juggling/playing guys out of position killed us.

Alonso

McNeil

Rosario

Frazier/Flores

Plawecki (but we need a better catcher/get a better catcher, ideally)

Conforto

Jackson

Nimmo

Put those guys out there and roll with it, I say.  (that is not a proposed batting order, LOL)

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Maybe, man.  We shall see.  I still think a stint in Vegas for Conforto was the right thing to do.  Perhaps we'd have won more games with him not being here to be an automatic out.  However, I am VERY happy that he was able to work his way out of it.  I just wish it wasn't at the team's expense, that's all.

McNeil is most-certainly our 2B of the future.  I really, really wish they'd jettison Dom Smith and bring Alonso up for the rest of the season.  I love the Conforto, Jackson, Nimmo outfield.  Cespedes can suck it, for all I care.

If Mick does come back next year, I hope he's smart enough to pick a lineup and stick to it.  That constant juggling/playing guys out of position killed us.

Alonso

McNeil

Rosario

Frazier/Flores

Plawecki (but we need a better catcher/get a better catcher, ideally)

Conforto

Jackson

Nimmo

Put those guys out there and roll with it, I say.  (that is not a proposed batting order, LOL)

I expect they'll hold back Alonso for the first month to preserve free agency so I'd make it Bruce/Alonso and also plug Bruce into the OF rotation. I give you full credit for saying Bruce wouldn't play the third year with the Mets when he signed year, but they'll need to make him attractive to another team in order to move him next year.

I just assumed Jackson would be gone after this year, but maybe I should re-think that. I think he hit better for us this year than he will next year. Law of averages, he is what he is.

Food for thought: would you consider moving Conforto in a deal for Realmuto? It would take more, but I'm not as tied to the hip with Conforto as I was at the start of the season and I'd consider it..

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I expect they'll hold back Alonso for the first month to preserve free agency so I'd make it Bruce/Alonso and also plug Bruce into the OF rotation. I give you full credit for saying Bruce wouldn't play the third year with the Mets when he signed year, but they'll need to make him attractive to another team in order to move him next year.

I just assumed Jackson would be gone after this year, but maybe I should re-think that. I think he hit better for us this year than he will next year. Law of averages, he is what he is.

Food for thought: would you consider moving Conforto in a deal for Realmuto? It would take more, but I'm not as tied to the hip with Conforto as I was at the start of the season and I'd consider it..

I don't think I'd move Conforto for Realmuto, but it's tempting.  I think Conforto's HR/RBI totals would be better and he's a very good outfielder.  I do want a better catcher, but I'd rather not give up a known run producer in order to get one.

I also think Conforto is the Mets' next David Wright/face of the franchise and I think he's here to stay.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't think I'd move Conforto for Realmuto, but it's tempting.  I think Conforto's HR/RBI totals would be better and he's a very good outfielder.  I do want a better catcher, but I'd rather not give up a known run producer in order to get one.

I also think Conforto is the Mets' next David Wright/face of the franchise and I think he's here to stay.

I hear ya, I'm just worried about his consistency.  His only consistency so far is being a feast or famine guy.   

And I get your face of the franchise point, I just hope we don't get blinded and try to force it.

BTW, I'm probably coming off as more negative about him than I actually am, but I was expecting more from him this year.

33 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I hear ya, I'm just worried about his consistency.  His only consistency so far is being a feast or famine guy.   

And I get your face of the franchise point, I just hope we don't get blinded and try to force it.

BTW, I'm probably coming off as more negative about him than I actually am, but I was expecting more from him this year.

My knee jerk has always been that the Mets forced the face of the franchise unto Wright.  But as I look at his career stats, both as an MLB player and especially as a Met, the dude did his part.  I actually feel badly for criticizing him and I look forward to 9/29.  I plan on crying at some point during that series.

I had higher expectations for Conforto, too, and I was beating the "send him down" drum louder than most.  I do think that, if he can stay healthy from April to October, he can put up some great numbers.  Hopefully, we will be able to see.

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My knee jerk has always been that the Mets forced the face of the franchise unto Wright.  But as I look at his career stats, both as an MLB player and especially as a Met, the dude did his part.  I actually feel badly for criticizing him and I look forward to 9/29.  I plan on crying at some point during that series.

I had higher expectations for Conforto, too, and I was beating the "send him down" drum louder than most.  I do think that, if he can stay healthy from April to October, he can put up some great numbers.  Hopefully, we will be able to see.

Probably some truth to the expectations, but I have a Whole Lotta Love for his Mets career. Wright and Kranepool are Met lifers...not sure who else.

There were  Good Times Bad Times, but unfortunately when it came time to pay him, the richard-head owner said he was a "good kid" but not a "superstar". How Many More Times do we have to put up with stuff like this:

http://www.espn.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6601472

Wilpon wasn't really wrong, but WTF? Naturally David Wright took the high road and shrugged it off. Communication Breakdown, it's always the same.

Looking forward to Celebration Day on 9/29, I hope he's able to Bring It On Home one more time

Thank You 

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Probably some truth to the expectations, but I have a Whole Lotta Love for his Mets career. Wright and Kranepool are Met lifers...not sure who else.

There were  Good Times Bad Times, but unfortunately when it came time to pay him, the richard-head owner said he was a "good kid" but not a "superstar". How Many More Times do we have to put up with stuff like this:

http://www.espn.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6601472

Wilpon wasn't really wrong, but WTF? Naturally David Wright took the high road and shrugged it off. Communication Breakdown, it's always the same.

Looking forward to Celebration Day on 9/29, I hope he's able to Bring It On Home one more time

Thank You 

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many of Callaway's moves left me Dazed and Confused.   This season was a Heartbreaker, but they still have All My Love.  Hoping next year they can Rock and Roll and Dancin' Days will be here again.

Gettin' late.  It's time to Ramble On.

Peace!

• Like (+1) 1