Bills at Patriots, November 29, 1998 ending

Cripes, best to just let everything since 2000 fall into a big black hole of amnesia.

Yes. Finally, the voice of reason.

I am 39. I wear a Bills rubber bracelet on my left arm. My office is all Bills/Buffalo stuff. My Tervis has a Bills logo. I cannot fathom not being a fan of this team.

But all the nonsense that this franchise has put up with needs to stop. And we all need to look forward, finally. It's turning around. It takes a LONG time to turn an aircraft carrier and that's what we are......an NFL franchise .

Would you rather be Cleveland? Or Jacksonville? I wouldn't. I'll take the nonsense because people respect our past. Someday.....we all come together and win the damn SB just like Tim Russert said we would.

Edited by Seasons1992

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Pats ending is some nightmare about a 2 minute drive in a one score game and on 4th and 8 Holcomb under no pressure at all checked down to Moulds for 3 or so yards. The names and actual details may not be correct, but that play defined for me everything since 2000.

here we go into the Franchise Encyclo section of the Bills.... saints protect us...

October 30, 2005... at New England.

4th quarter Pats 21 Bills 16

2:03 4th and 8 NWE 40 Kelly Holcomb pass complete to Eric Moulds for no gain

Pats ran the clock out and punted to the Bills 15 and then this abomination to end it...

Kelly Holcomb pass complete to Josh Reed for -1 yards. Penalty on Shaud Williams: Illegal Forward Pass

Just give it to them - he was out of bounds AND short of the first down. Then P.I. on a hail mary??? are you kidding me?

As I remember it, at the exact same time the refs were giving Vinnie Testaverde a touchdown even though he reached the ball over the line well after being tackled. These two results are why the 1998 Bills were not division champs and had to play on the road. Its also why instant replay returned.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

You know who was the official for that game? Phil Luckett and you know who was the official for the Vinny Testeverde non-touchdown touchdown? Phil Luckett. Or the Thanksgiving day coin flip fiasco? Phil Luckett. And the Music City illegal forward pass...Phil Luckett. I am seeing a common theme here. The thing that gets me is how was this guy on an "allstar" officiating crew for the playoffs?

Oh I forgot you know who the leafue supervisor of the "Fail Mary" game during the refree lockout in 2012... Phil Luckett

Thanks for reminding me of the most angry I've ever been due to a Buffalo sporting event. No Goal was #2, forward lateral was #3, and No Goal II was #4, but this just give it to em game is #1. With that being said, Wade Phillips is the man and Pete Carroll is a small, small human being. A real gentleman would have instructed the kicker to take a knee when Wade pulled the team off the field.