You are my sunshine, my only sunshine Jerry

Well good for you then. I'm sure you hired quite a few very good GMs and coaches in your time. I remember your posts, you use to think Ralph was THE problem and if we only had a new owner things would be all rosy.

The new owners are 24-24 right now. Not terrible. Better than well below .500 under RW. If ownership, GM,s aren't part the problem for 17 years of no playoffs, who is?Pegulas want to win and will spend the money also. they just need to figure it out. With Taylor and this new Coaching staff, they are getting there. The FO is the next area that needs changing. It should have been done when they bought the team.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody said DW sucked

We are saying he hasn't produced winning and successful football in Buffalo

No question he has delivered a top 10 D and some top 10 O's

However if that's the height of his success we best move on because in the NFL that's not good enough

Now to the future, if you think DW has assembled a min 10-11 win season this off season year then yes we'd be dumb to let him go

Has he?

If not, we really should get another GM, one who can assemble a 10-11 win team for 2018 and beyond

I'm tired of celebrating DW's genius 7-8 wins seasons and brilliant off season moves that lead to continuous 7-8 win seasons

lol

jc

He really didn't.

Whaley takes the heat because he kept pushing EJ on different coaching staffs. He raved about EJ and claimed he had the "it" factor. He is terrible at QB evaluation in the draft. And no, I think he is done at OBD pretty soon. Another HC conflict. What a surprise. We may have found a QB, for awhile and an actual HC, now we need to improve the FO.

He didn't think a qb he took in the 1st round was developed properly. EJ was in a battle for his job and had the highest qb rating in preseason that year.

And a team that is a SB contender just signed him. What a silly thing to hold over Whaley. Do you hold Matt Flynn and Charlie Whitehurst against the Seahawks GM?

Not so fast. This implies that EJ wouldn't suck if he went somewhere else.

Well, for now he is a Raider and my guess is that he gets cut.

EJ is simply unable to be a productive NFL qb.

No, it implies that he would be less likely to suck as badly. Or that he would develop better skills more quickly. It's not boolean algebra.

The new owners are 24-24 right now. Not terrible. Better than well below .500 under RW. If ownership, GM,s aren't part the problem for 17 years of no playoffs, who is?Pegulas want to win and will spend the money also. they just need to figure it out. With Taylor and this new Coaching staff, they are getting there. The FO is the next area that needs changing. It should have been done when they bought the team.

You're missing the point. The point is that you lay blame where you thought it should be placed. Turns out it wasn't correct. Ralph, Overdorf, and the gang leaving didn't turn the Bills into winners. Now with them gone you pick new targets. Not to sure you're going to be correct here either but time will tell. Gather your facts then apply logic and common sense. Don't buy what you read using that as the only fact. Sully, Matthews, Rodak, and the lot have no better opinions than you or I when you get down to it. They only have a larger forum. Don't hang on their every word as gospel. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Whaley takes the heat because he kept pushing EJ on different coaching staffs. He raved about EJ and claimed he had the "it" factor. He is terrible at QB evaluation in the draft. And no, I think he is done at OBD pretty soon. Another HC conflict. What a surprise. We may have found a QB, for awhile and an actual HC, now we need to improve the FO.

...not sure I understand the logic here bud so help the old codger out.....let's say both DW and Buddy were in the mix for 2013 draft (doesn't really matter)....and I know from my contacts that Genome was choice #1 until they interviewed him and worked him out....hence EJ was #2......his career start was less than desirable with the disastrous noodleless Kolb signing even before the "Great Mat Attack"...top 5 worst signing in OBD history, a guy concussed 5+ times?.....be it as it may, EJ showed early on that he struggled mightly with scanning the field, reads/progressions, spotting receivers, etc. all gray matter issues which I will forever doubt to be fixable as in re-training the brain..add in ZERO confidence for good measure....Steve Young (yup HIM) said it best with, "more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed at the NFL level because of the speed and complexity of the game"....which to me means if re-training the gray matter was an easy fix, more would eventually succeed...NOT happenin' IMO....so if EJ's deficiencies are evident to an old fart like me, why the hell would Whaley jeopardize his reputation among his peers and potential employers if canned, by touting this guy to the bitter end?...what did I miss??...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

But what young qb won't be great wit Syracuse's OC as his rookie year OC and Qb coach. Andrew Luck had Bruce Arians as his rookie OC. EJ had Nate Hackett.

The above IS tough to argue with. :)

You know what is completely crazy? The fact that SO many posters on this board knew that Marrone and his staff were amateurs, knew Rex was a fraud, knew that almost every draft was terrible, knew it was a mistake to trade up for Sammy, etc.

I am NOT saying that I am one of them, I am NOT, but there are a couple of posters here that could have ran this team better than the "pros" have. It wouldn't seem possible but I really believe this.

Name the best 4 players on the that defense and who was GM when they were added to the team.

Dareus

K Williams

Mario

Jerry Hughes

A Williams

Gilmore

McKelvin

Spikes

Theres alot of Nix on that list.

It's like a car accident. You look at it and regret your part of the reason for the traffic jam. Why I still open Sally's articles is beyond me. In this rare case I actually have come around to agreeing with him on this topic, and was a Whaley fan in the past.

Just get both coaching personnel on the same page and be. Done with it.

Nah man, all Dougie. He got Spikes.

Manny Lawson and Nigel Bradham were BEASTS that year too.

Nix guys, unless you want to give Whaley credit for them because he was director of pro personnel or something?

You're missing the point. The point is that you lay blame where you thought it should be placed. Turns out it wasn't correct. Ralph, Overdorf, and the gang leaving didn't turn the Bills into winners. Now with them gone you pick new targets. Not to sure you're going to be correct here either but time will tell. Gather your facts then apply logic and common sense. Don't buy what you read using that as the only fact. Sully, Matthews, Rodak, and the lot have no better opinions than you or I when you get down to it. They only have a larger forum. Don't hang on their every word as gospel. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Overdorf hasn't left and Ralph's trash is still running the team. Of course the Bills aren't winners.

Overdorf hasn't left and Ralph's trash is still running the team. Of course the Bills aren't winners.

....and that's because Pegula doesn't know any better and has no money to hire the best and the brightest?.....who helped you script this provocative thought?...the fickle get fickler....ask Regier what happens when someone doesn't do their job....

....and that's because Pegula doesn't know any better and has no money to hire the best and the brightest?.....who helped you script this provocative thought?...the fickle get fickler....ask Regier what happens when someone doesn't do their job....

This.

I do believe that Pegs will finally wake-up, he's just learning the hard way.