sign me up!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears are locked in on Watson? I'm not sure any mock drafts have that connection.

I have heard this rumour from more than 1 source. He was there in my mock. The Bears are going to play things close to their chest but the only way Pace and Fox survive year 3 without winning is if they have a rookie QB who performed with some promise to point to.

It's. It a big jump from 12 to 10 for CLE BUT they may do it if they're worried BUF will trade #10 to someone who wants to jump CLE. PIT jumped ahead of us a few years back and stole Rothlisberger from us

No they didn't we tried to jump them and the deal failed. Some combination of Atlanta and Jacksonville and cornerbacks as I recall.

if you look at the NFL draft value chart

#10 - 1300

#12 - 1200

difference = 100

100 = 4th round pick

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

That chart doesn't have the end of the 3rd comp picks though. The actual pick the Browns would be giving us is #105. That is worth 84 points.... and would not be value for the Bills. If they sent us their 5th round comp pick as well #175 that pretty much equals a value trade by the chart.

The question is are there really other teams who want a QB at that spot (and this is all on the proviso the Bills themselves don't of course)? If Cleveland rings and offers #105 and #175 then you would imagine Doug Whaley rings New Orleans and Arizona and says "hey if you guys was a Quarterback that bad you might need to better this Browns offer" and you try and create a bidding war. OR you tell the Browns that Arizona has called offering a their 2nd rounder and you try and bluff them.

Edited by GunnerBill

For 1-10, I'd ask for 1-12, Cleveland's 4th round pick (1st pick in 4th) and to switch 2nd round picks (33 for 43). Having that first pick in Rd 2 could be huge.

This sounds like one of the more plausible high end trade backs options, Whaley has a history of using the trade value chart and swapping picks within a round like the Rams draft trade in 2013. The value is scewed in Buffalo's favor, but trading up you usually end up on the short end of the stick by a little. Moving up 11 spots in the second is enough points wise to get it done by 20 points, but there is usually a little sweetner attached, and a 4th to move up and get the QB could get Buffalo to say yes to Cleveland vs. potentially another team. Basically a 3rd round pick value wise to move up and secure your QB, should be palatable, at least more so IMO than some of the other over the top offers Ive seen posted here.

Its not trading up to #1 from #3 for a Andrew Luck prospect were talking about here...

Edit: Here is the draft order from the league as it currently is: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788234/article/2017-nfl-draft-order-for-all-seven-rounds

Edited by P51

Stop, good thread!!!

I would try for a 3rd but a 4th wouldn't be out of the question.

I like the thread myself!

Trying for the 3rd is what I like about the 10 and 44 for 12, 33, and 108 trade, its a 3rd round value trade wise.

If not the 10 for 12, 108 and 145, gives similar value.