London "Terrorist Attack"

The solution?

Get these kids jobs or at least the chance to obtain one.

Bring back the factory jobs, they are vital to the economy.

Looks like this admin is going to try to do it, can't see the current POTUS smirk and tell his audience "I can't just wave a magic wand and brings the jobs back."

Not going to be pretty with a second and third generation of immigrants (all legal and decent folk are most welcome) with absolutely no hope of getting gainful employment...

I don't want to jinx my city but Montreal has a very large Muslim community from mostly french speaking countries such as Algeria, Morocco, Lebanon and Tunisia but there seems to have been (thankfully) very few issues.

Could be a good case study.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all. Just one.

Because Christianity causes just as much bloodshed. Didn't you know that?

For muslims killing us, yes.

You?

Then deportation is the solution.

Would banning/jailing all Muslims result in the end of mass murder events in the US/Western countries?

I don't want to jinx my city but Montreal has a very large Muslim community from mostly french speaking countries such as Algeria, Morocco, Lebanon and Tunisia but there seems to have been (thankfully) very few issues.

It's a different culture from my Toronto situation, lots that I admire and I enjoy visiting and the odd client matter there. Still prefer to live in Toronto though.

(and my Canada includes Quebec...)

It's a different culture from my Toronto situation, lots that I admire and I enjoy visiting and the odd client matter there. Still prefer to live in Toronto though.

(and my Canada includes Quebec...)

It is simply due to the types coming in based on the language.

Edited by meazza

It is simply due to the types coming in based on the language.

I like what we have up here way too much at times, and never get smug about it like many of my fellow citizens do....

That language isn't immune from terrorist hassles though....

Would banning/jailing all Muslims result in the end of mass murder events in the US/Western countries?

No, who said it would end? Why would we import a different form of mental illness?

One of the greatest city in the world....Montreal kicks ass ! You're lucky to be living there......

One of the greatest city in the world....Montreal kicks ass ! You're lucky to be living there......

It was 22 below the last 2 weeks and there are potholes that are larger than most vehicles.

Not sure how lucky I am.

I don't usually venture onto this part of the board but I will today because I have something to add.

My office is across the road from where this took place, right opposite Big Ben on the bottom corner of Whitehall.

Yesterday was a pretty horrible occurance, watching helplessly through a window as the chaos unfolded. I cross that road into Parliament on a regular basis. I speak to those Police Officers on that gate. I walk across that yard and I understand that as someone who works close to the centre of Government that I and my colleagues might be targets for those who wish to spread division and hate. Yesterday was a tragedy for those who lost their lives and those who believe in our democracy.

London is the greatest city in the world. It is a beacon of tolerance, diversity and respect. It is a city where yes - the Muslim son of a bus driver - can become our Mayor and to those who wish to use yesterday to try and rip the fabric of this great city apart - shame on you. It is sick, disrespectful and wrong.

London woke up this morning and, just as we did on the 8th July 2005, we went to work. Only be standing up for the values of the city we love do we combat this evil.

As the Prime Minister said so poigniantly this morning - We are not afraid. Our resolve will never waiver.

:beer:

No, who said it would end? Why would we import a different form of mental illness?

Do you believe Islam is a mental illness?

Do you believe Muslims are a threat on the whole? Should they be banned completely from this country?

I'm trying to figure out what would make people 'feel safe'. A lot of these attacks are home-grown, so I'm not sure how an immigration ban changes much. What are the options for dealing with Muslim citizens and legal residents?

Do you believe Muslims are a threat on the whole? Should they be banned completely from this country?

I'm trying to figure out what would make people 'feel safe'. A lot of these attacks are home-grown, so I'm not sure how an immigration ban changes much. What are the options for dealing with Muslim citizens and legal residents?

And would it also apply to countries such as Senegal where the majority of the population is Muslim but has virtually no terrorism?

If we look at religion as a whole, from the beginning of civilization up to now, killing in the name of God has been one of the most frequent reason used to justify war.....history is filled with example of crusades, conquests etc. where the goal, amongst other, is to force a certain set of values and/or doctrines on others.....

Christianity is certainly not exempt of wrong doing....the use of the term" Holy War " is peppered throughout history.....Heresy trials or burning women who were simply using early medicine ( witches ) was a good example of some of the bad sides of Christianity....over the last 40-50 years, we all heard about child molestation for Catholic priest....

There is some substance to the idea that religion has not been great for humanity overall...but we'll never know what the alternative growth of our species would have been without it......wanting to believe in something greater than all of us is a powerful instinct....Karl Marx said .."Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people"....

It was 22 below the last 2 weeks and there are potholes that are larger than most vehicles.

Not sure how lucky I am.

Having a beer on a nice summer night in the city during the Jazz festival.....an evening in Old Montreal.....Oh...I've been married for ever, but I heard there's some really nice gentlemen clubs... :flirt:

Honest question, how do you stop it?

There is a major difference between what is happening in places such as Nigeria (terrorist attack yesterday) which is organized terror and lone wolf attacks from terrorist sympathizers.

Also, how do you pinpoint a would be attacker? This guy was British born as opposed to someone who came in as a refugee or immigrant.

You simply don't. Live w/it and roll w/the punches. Stay vigilant and lessen the blow.

It's like living in "tornado ally." There simply is no answer for a strong thunderstorm except take cover and put yourself in the safest postion when they pass on through.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I don't usually venture onto this part of the board but I will today because I have something to add.

My office is across the road from where this took place, right opposite Big Ben on the bottom corner of Whitehall.

Yesterday was a pretty horrible occurance, watching helplessly through a window as the chaos unfolded. I cross that road into Parliament on a regular basis. I speak to those Police Officers on that gate. I walk across that yard and I understand that as someone who works close to the centre of Government that I and my colleagues might be targets for those who wish to spread division and hate. Yesterday was a tragedy for those who lost their lives and those who believe in our democracy.

London is the greatest city in the world. It is a beacon of tolerance, diversity and respect. It is a city where yes - the Muslim son of a bus driver - can become our Mayor and to those who wish to use yesterday to try and rip the fabric of this great city apart - shame on you. It is sick, disrespectful and wrong.

London woke up this morning and, just as we did on the 8th July 2005, we went to work. Only be standing up for the values of the city we love do we combat this evil.

As the Prime Minister said so poigniantly this morning - We are not afraid. Our resolve will never waiver.

Well said. Thanks.

I simply interpreted what Beef Jerko meant. It isn't difficult.

As for you who seems want to talk down to people in a slightly different way, I'll ask you the same question:

As a practical matter what do you think would happen over the next 25 years if the governments of the world got together and banished religion?

Who is going to "take away" another persons God given right?

How many storm troopers will be needed to burn the churches and confiscate the property and kill the people that won't convert to the new violently enforced theocracy?

Pol Pot took away that right.

Mao took away that right.

It's been tried before and the vacume gets filled by something far worse. Since the 40's a 100 million people are dead because of it.

It is madness.

1) Gamil Gharbi

2) “They betrayed humankind; they betrayed Islam; they betrayed our religion and creed; they betrayed our tradition; they betrayed everything.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/dad-killed-daughters-wife-over-western-habits-alleged-honour-killing-trial-hears

"As the last life-blood of a police officer ran out across the cobbles, the attacker was being stretchered away in an attempt to save his life.

London is a city so desperate to be seen as tolerant, no news of the injured was released. No clue about who was safe or not.

Liberals convince themselves multiculturalism works because we all die together, too.

An entire city of monkeys: see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Blind. Deaf. And dumb.

Immersed in a seething pit of hatred, hidden in pockets of communities plagued by old animosities and ancient strife.

These people may have left their lands. But they have brought every tension, every conflict, every bit of fight here with them.

The Afghans hate the Somalias who loathe the Eritreans. As it was before, it is now. London is a city of ghettos behind a thin veneer of civility kept polished by a Muslim mayor whose greatest validation is his father's old job.

Son-of-a-bus-driver Sadiq.

I see him now, penning a missive about how London is a beautiful and tolerant city, how we are united by shared values and understanding, and how we will not be cowed by terror.

Sure enough, there he was, saying exactly that, just now. Fool."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4340290/Truth-t-like-says-KATIE-HOPKINS.html#ixzz4cBTu6xzo

I believe Islam is not compatible with a free independent advanced society. Worse yet when they, or any other immigrant for that matter, come here they are not asked to assimilate. In numbers they become a danger because they are more of a political/military operation than they are a religion. I do not believe in a Theocracy. May be even worse than communism. No thanks.