Whaley has done one heck of a job, except QB

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Issues aside, Jack was BPA in talent and it wasn't even close. They took an inferior prospect who may have been a better short term player.

The reason why it's so maddening is that going BPA with Jack means we don't have to need to take Ragland, then guess who has an extra 4th before a certain QB was taken.

Not going BPA at #19 literally cost us Dak. What a shame.

Nah sorry I am not having that. Jack obviously has something so serious he might never be capable of performing at an NFL starter level.

Shaq is a quality player and save for Jack with much bigger question marks he was clear BPA for me at #19. He was not a reach for need.

Nah sorry I am not having that. Jack obviously has something so serious he might never be capable of performing at an NFL starter level.

Shaq is a quality player and save for Jack with much bigger question marks he was clear BPA for me at #19. He was not a reach for need.

Fair enough. We obviously have different opinions on Shaq.

Still, the Ragland trade can be agreed upon as a potential disaster.

Fair enough. We obviously have different opinions on Shaq.

Still, the Ragland trade can be agreed upon as a potential disaster.

Yea I was not a Ragland fan. I would have just about understood if they had stood still and taken him with their 2nd round pick (still wouldn't have loved it) but to trade up for him made little sense.

Why are we talking about Ragland as though he's a bust?

I hated the Ragland pick but this conversation is about value. In what world do you trade up for a falling ILB and expect to get proper value in return? The board shaped up really well for the Bills as the second round sorted itself out and Whaley lost his patience.

Of course Doug goes on to say that Lawson and Ragland were 1 and 2 on his board though so who knows.

Of course Doug goes on to say that Lawson and Ragland were 1 and 2 on his board though so who knows.

He didn't quite say that. He said they had a very high grade on Lawson and were surprised he made it to #19 - so was I.

On Ragland he said that he was on of their candidates at #19 had Shaq Lawson not fallen to them and they were willing to take Ragland at that spot. I'd have hated Ragland at #19 too.

"We're still not crazy about the LeSean McCoy trade" - this gem is from the articles you cited. I don't think anyone on this board actually reads stuff even they post. What is not to like about the McCoy trade?

That dumb Whaley found a player that singlehandedly carries an offense with a nonexistent passing game - still not big on the trade man.

Edited by Elite Poster

His drafts have been solid. I saw one article in a Dallas paper that ranked the last 3 drafts and had the Bills in the top 10.

Every player from last year's draft is on the roster. Lawson, Ragland and Seymour will all start. Washington and Listenbee will be significant contributors. What more can you ask ?

Doug is that you? Didnt know you had a house in dallas. This is totally speculative garbage with no basis at all for saying it.

"We're still not crazy about the LeSean McCoy trade" - this gem is from the articles you cited. I don't think anyone on this board actually reads stuff even they post. What is not to like about the McCoy trade?

That dumb Whaley found a player that singlehandedly carries an offense with a nonexistent passing game - still not big on the trade man.

Shady is lucky to have TT. Without him he would struggle running the ball.

Signed, CoT

Shady is lucky to have TT. Without him he would struggle running the ball.

Signed, CoT

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing that has stuck with you guys ever since it was mentioned on a broadcast of a Bills game. So what about the other 6 productive years of LeSean's career? Was he nobody without Nick Foles? Or the other laundry list of qbs he has played with successfully?????

What about 2 years ago when he didn't have a stellar year? Was that because Tyrod was not old enough yet and not mature enough to allow shady to be good?

Edited by Elite Poster

All Whaley's really proven to me is he's a fantastic defensive scout. The rest is up for debate. Darby, Hughes, Graham (albeit he slipped a little last year but was a good addition for '14 and '15), Z. Brown, and Alexander. I think Lawson and Ragland are going to be excellent now that we have a more competent coach. Even Kiko Alonso if you want to pin the 2013 draft on him gave us Shady. Preston Brown has been the only semi miss, but he was a 3rd rounder. I still think resigning Dareus and Hughes was worth the price and we'll see that this year now that we're back in a 4-3 with a more authoritative coach.

Some of Whaley's decisions on the offensive side have been good (Taylor, McCoy, Henderson, Gillislee). However, trading up for Watkins in a WR rich draft class and losing your next first round pick for it was a horrible decision. Hindsight's 20/20, but a good GM would of seen the potential in Mike Evans (who pry would of fallen to us), OBJ, Cooks, and even Benjamin. I don't know who was instrumental in picking EJ Manuel in the 1st round so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there. Also, not resigning Hogan still makes no sense to me considering he's a proven #3 when we're thin at WR.

Hiring Ryan was obviously a huge mistake, but it's hard to tell who made the call on that one as ownership hasn't helped. I love the McDermott hire. Letting Byrd, Spiller, Mario, Woods, and Gilmore go will all be looked at as good decisions in a few years imo. Overall, he's done a good enough job to be the GM for at least one more year.