Whaley has done one heck of a job, except QB

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug is that you? Didnt know you had a house in dallas. This is totally speculative garbage with no basis at all for saying it.

Didn't you know? (Insert gm or coach here) is that you? was retired from the Internet, along with starting any sentence with either "um" or a sarcastic "but...but...I thought".

Russ Brandon has been running the show since Ralph stepped aside. Pretty much since Donahoe left. Brandon is more responsible than anyone for the drought. He is a piece of **** and if I see him in public, I'll punch him in the face.

Ohhhh - TUFF GUY - what a joke.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Ohhhh - TUFF GUY - what a joke.

Believe me, I could beat the piss out of Russ Brandon but I would never seriously punch anyone unless I was defending myself or others. But I don't take message boards as seriously as others. Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Geez guys. Whaley had put talent on team. That's the point. He is definitely better in FA than draft. He hasn't hit on coach or QB yet and needs to soon to keep job. That's all.

The point is to build a winning team and he has failed. For a guy who earned his stripes scouting he seems to be pretty poor at building through the draft.

Apparently the criteria for claiming a GM has done a heck of job is that he put 'talent' on the team, lol

I guess winning and making the playoffs is irrelevant

Look I have no issue giving DW credit for a number off great individual moves

However the addition of all the moves as a measure of success has been a minimum 4 years+ of failure

We will see what happens in 2017

But if folks here can't say with certainty that we will win 10 games plus this year

You wil understand when I say all of DW's transactions this year will not have amounted to much except more failure

jc

saying whaley sucks in a vacuum is easy , when you compare him to the other General Managers you will see he doesn't suck. He is solid

Apparently the criteria for claiming a GM has done a heck of job is that he put 'talent' on the team, lol

I guess winning and making the playoffs is irrelevant

Look I have no issue giving DW credit for a number off great individual moves

However the addition of all the moves as a measure of success has been a minimum 4 years+ of failure

We will see what happens in 2017

But if folks here can't say with certainty that we will win 10 games plus this year

You wil understand when I say all of DW's transactions this year will not have amounted to much except more failure

jc

It's all about the qb. Whaley has put good rosters together. He hasn't lucked into a qb as of yet.

Sorry, I disagree Baskin

A GM who pits together a 'good' roster should be able to at least had 'a' successful season, and overcome the odds, despite the QB

The results on the field suggest the roster wasn't as good as you thought

Look there's a whole body of work here over the last 4 years and no question the talent on the field has immensely improved

DW deserves credit for making some nifty trades, bringing some nice FA's, etc

However DW keeps making huge mistakes when it comes to leaving our team shorthanded in both WR and QB depth

And his drafts have been mediocre

He gives up too many draft picks instead of acquiring more

He does not plan properly with regard to acquiring more comp picks

But at the end of the day, the accolades and or criticisms of his work, we don't have successful winning seasons

Until we do DW's work does not achieve a passing grade

jc

Exhibit 1: Last year the Bills used THREE draft picks on an inside linebacker who had questions about whether he could play all 3 downs. Do you call that building through the draft or trying to win now for Rex's crap defense?

This comment made me hate Rex even more

If Whaley is such a bad GM, then why haven't the Bills been at the bottom of the league in the last three seasons?

Because he's been riding Nix's stars to mediocre seasons.

Gilmore, Dareus, Hughes, Mario, Bradham, Searcy, Byrd, Wood, Glenn, Aaron Williams.

Now that we've lost all but 4 of those guys, we're dropping.

Edited by FireChan

Sorry, I disagree Baskin

A GM who pits together a 'good' roster should be able to at least had 'a' successful season, and overcome the odds, despite the QB

The results on the field suggest the roster wasn't as good as you thought

Look there's a whole body of work here over the last 4 years and no question the talent on the field has immensely improved

DW deserves credit for making some nifty trades, bringing some nice FA's, etc

However DW keeps making huge mistakes when it comes to leaving our team shorthanded in both WR and QB depth

And his drafts have been mediocre

He gives up too many draft picks instead of acquiring more

He does not plan properly with regard to acquiring more comp picks

But at the end of the day, the accolades and or criticisms of his work, we don't have successful winning seasons

Until we do DW's work does not achieve a passing grade

jc

the team is hovering around 500 that is what you get with poor qb play. I can admit now that Rex messed up the defense, which hurt the team this year. The qb play was not good but the defense was down right awful at times. The d played below it's talent level.