Any way you slice it Kaepernick represents good value

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former soldier who participated in all the privations and dangers associated with ground combat, I have to disagree with characterizations of the Air Force as the "chair force." My brothers and sisters in the sky deserve respect.

And I don't understand why it's not okay for Kap to disrespect the flag but it is okay to disparage the veterans who risked their lives for that flag.

Then again, I don't know why it's okay to disparage people in general. We disagree. Big deal. Intelligent, well-intentioned people disagree all the time. We don't need to attack people who disagree with us. Personal attacks accomplish nothing.

The Bills have lost 475 games since their inception - 53.4% of their games. We all share that history of false dreams, broken promises, and disappointed hopes. We've all suffered through some - or all - of those losses together. All of us on this board bleed red, white and royal blue. Our shared Bills fandom has already given us enough poop to deal with. We don't need to add to that already immense load by throwing poop at each other.

IMHO.

Good value to Tiger-Cats

CFL team now owns the rights to Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin III

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cfl-team-now-owns-the-rights-to-colin-kaepernick-and-robert-griffin-iii/weren't they both in the pro bowl the same year?

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have an affinity for former NFL franchise quarterbacks

weren't they both in the pro bowl the same year?

As a former soldier who participated in all the privations and dangers associated with ground combat, I have to disagree with characterizations of the Air Force as the "chair force." My brothers and sisters in the sky deserve respect.

And I don't understand why it's not okay for Kap to disrespect the flag but it is okay to disparage the veterans who risked their lives for that flag.

Then again, I don't know why it's okay to disparage people in general. We disagree. Big deal. Intelligent, well-intentioned people disagree all the time. We don't need to attack people who disagree with us. Personal attacks accomplish nothing.

The Bills have lost 475 games since their inception - 53.4% of their games. We all share that history of false dreams, broken promises, and disappointed hopes. We've all suffered through some - or all - of those losses together. All of us on this board bleed red, white and royal blue. Our shared Bills fandom has already given us enough poop to deal with. We don't need to add to that already immense load by throwing poop at each other.

IMHO.

never said anything disparaging about vets.. simply saying that him speaking as a veteran for all veterans was a joke. And anyone saying that because they served this countrybit gives a bigger right to speak about freedom and the viewpoints of what is right or wrong with patriotism.

. But calling them chair force is a knock as old as time. Navy are squids. Army glorified boy scouts. Marines crazy masochists.

Are you referring to me? I never said I spoke for everyone in the military. Also, inter-service ball busting is fine among those who have served, but when civilians do it, not so much. Unless you have served in the US Military, them you will NEVER get the immense pride we have for serving our country and how serious we take those who disrespect it.

Are you referring to me? I never said I spoke for everyone in the military. Also, inter-service ball busting is fine among those who have served, but when civilians do it, not so much. Unless you have served in the US Military, them you will NEVER get the immense pride we have for serving our country and how serious we take those who disrespect it.

no, not specifically. just whomever was all about having served and how it means more to know what patriotism is and the freedoms of this country because they served vs. someone who didn't. and oddly, kaepernick can make fun of the police, who are just as important as the military... but, if i make fun of the air force, as i have clearly shown - it just isn't the same. an exercise in irony, brought to you by me. especially, after the whole shift n shift e shift v shift e shift r statement. that really hits it home to say i will never - to your knowledge of nothing about me be able to grasp it. bravo.

everyone who gets sour grapes because i make fun of the air force in silly fashion is fine with kaepernick dissing the police? and, even the military, to some regard, as he praised castro - which is hilarious. and he didn't vote. and he did nothing to help anyone until a PR company and his agent smacked him around the room a while to show him he was going to look as retarded as he is for being so brash and stupid.

so, i guess because i am not a minority millionaire playing a childrens game i cannot speak in a negative way about LEO's, the military, or anything. my bad. i forgot how progressives these days work. maga.

Edited by Boyst62

He also made it public that he will no longer " protest" . Just a little damage control for his image as he tries to land an NFL job.

Was the other $450k or so donated the last couple months also just to get a job?

Is there anything wrong with the guy balancing the diminishing impact of kneeling with still maximizing his income and visibility (potentially for future activism)?

I waffle a bit on whether I agree with his stance but I sure don't think he's doing this stuff to maximize his own wealth.

Edited by NoSaint

Was the other $450k or so donated the last couple months also just to get a job?

Is there anything wrong with the guy balancing the diminishing impact of kneeling with still maximizing his income and visibility (potentially for future activism)?

I waffle a bit on whether I agree with his stance but I sure don't think he's doing this stuff to maximize his own wealth.

Maybe it was. I don't know. Not saying there's anything wrong with it. He's got a small window of time to play in the NFL, so why not try to keep it open as long as possible?

Maybe it was. I don't know. Not saying there's anything wrong with it. He's got a small window of time to play in the NFL, so why not try to keep it open as long as possible?

Especially if wanting to be impactful. He's far more valuable to his passions as a revenue generator and mouthpiece than a guy that's blackballed. He made his statement, and contributed to a large national discussion and then followed up by putting his money where his mouth was. I think he can stand back up without it selling out his cause

I also think at times he let the situation get away from him (pig socks served no ends) but generally speaking I don't find kneeling offensive or team destroying or a lot of what it was called. My politics and his politics might land in different spots (though not wildly different) but I'd have to try pretty hard to genuinely be upset with him.

Edited by NoSaint