Shead resigns with seattle

Panthers fielded calls about safety Tre Boston

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2017, 1:39 PM EDT

40639260f43e84036297fb9a1b2a2282.jpeg?w=AP

The Panthers signed a veteran free agent safety to replace Tre Boston in the starting lineup, but they’re apparently not ready to give up on Boston.

According to Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review, at least one team called to see if Boston was available in trade. He’s still on the roster, so presumably he’s not, at least for whatever terms were discussed.

The team or teams weren’t identified, but it’s reasonable to suspect Buffalo might have been interested, since coach Sean McDermott knows Boston well from his time as the Panthers defensive coordinator.

Boston’s a former fourth-round pick, and has range, but his inconsistency forced the Panthers into the veteran free agent market, where they found Mike Adams.

And they’ve already given up on one member of their 2014 class, sending second-rounder Kony Ealy to New England.

Saw this, don't know if it was posted... If so, my bad...

This could be good. He has as much potential as a Corey White, but I still think Seymour and a draft pick will split the duties at RCB and Nickel.

He is a CB you !@#$ing BBMB idiot.

His faux pas was self-evident. No need to be so virulent and harsh. Many of the new folks are damn good posters. Others, well maybe some positional training is in order. We need a TSW farm league!

The amount of abuse I'm getting for an innocent grammatical error for not using a hyphen is what bothers me. I come to this board to read and post about the Bills, not to be lectured about punctuation

It's not up to the reader to interpret what the writer is saying, this isn't beat-poetry. It's up to the writer - in expository writing - to be clear on what they are saying. Consider it an opportunity for growth.