The fastest way back to the playoffs

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a QB league. Get one and you have a chance. Don't get one and you might fall into it once in a while but that's about it.

There are roughly 10 people who can play QB at a high level on a planet with a population over 7 billion. Keep buying those lotto tickets, because those are the odds. In the meantime, you need a Plan B while you wait for your ticket to be punched. Problem with the Bills, they have not bought enough tickets over the year. They buy one once in a while and think they've got it. The have not.

There are roughly 10 people who can play QB at a high level on a planet with a population over 7 billion. Keep buying those lotto tickets, because those are the odds. In the meantime, you need a Plan B while you wait for your ticket to be punched. Problem with the Bills, they have not bought enough tickets over the year. They buy one once in a while and think they've got it. The have not.

Do 7 billion people play QB?

Is that's the statistic you use, we should never, ever draft a QB because the success rate is .0000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

1. Videotape opponents walk throughs before games.

2. Steal opponents signs.

3. Deflate footballs.

4. Pay off the officials.

SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME

#1 should be paying players under the table and circumventing the salary cap, they have been doing this for Brady for years. Brady is one of the greatest of all time and he never gets paid even 20 mil. a year. He should be getting 24 mil. a year not 16 or 18.

Taylor is never going to win this team a super bowl. As a passer he beats out only Jets QB and the Patriots back up is better than him as a passer. These two years with Taylor are only a wildcard push, we don't have the talent on this roster to carry Taylor and Taylor is not a good enough passer to carry the team.

Mahomes isn't even close as far as ready to start. He's from an Air Raid system where he's never had to go through progressions or read a defense above a novice level. He will need time to learn a pro system.

Mahomes goes through progressions. But as to learning an NFL offense, he only has to play in a offense that shelters the QB more than any in the NFL. Hit some deep balls now and then. Hand off to Shady.

And unlike Tyrod, Mahomes can make every throw and the Bills can add the slant pattern to their offense.

Mahomes goes through progressions. But as to learning an NFL offense, he only has to play in a offense that shelters the QB more than any in the NFL. Hit some deep balls now and then. Hand off to Shady.

And unlike Tyrod, Mahomes can make every throw and the Bills can add the slant pattern to their offense.

I think it's a little more complicated than that. If it was that easy, Air Raid QB's would have a high success rate in the NFL but they don't. I really can't think of an Air Raid QB that succeeded in the NFL....that's why Mahomes scares me. Air Raid is probably the most simple offense to run in college football. It's a system that isn't based on progressions.... Edited by Teeflebees

I think it's a little more complicated than that. If it was that easy, Air Raid QB's would have a high success rate in the NFL but they don't. I really can't think of an Air Raid QB that succeeded in the NFL....that's why Mahomes scares me. Air Raid is probably the most simple offense to run in college football. It's a system that isn't based on progressions....

Mahomes is probably the best physical prospect in the draft in terms of arm strength. That said you make up some good points why he may struggle. Personally I think Nate Peterson is the best pro ready QB in this class. I know he lacks arm strength but that isn't the most important skill to excel in the NFL.

I think it's a little more complicated than that. If it was that easy, Air Raid QB's would have a high success rate in the NFL but they don't. I really can't think of an Air Raid QB that succeeded in the NFL....that's why Mahomes scares me. Air Raid is probably the most simple offense to run in college football. It's a system that isn't based on progressions....

The Air Raid offense is just another form of a spread offense. QB's can transition quickly if they have a good OC who takes concepts they are comfortable with and creates plays for them based on that. That's really what helped Dak last year. Sure, the great line and running game helped but Dallas really did stuff to get Dak going.

Mahomes could have the same success if he goes to the right team. In fact, Mahomes is a better passer than Dak was last year.

Mahomes is probably the best physical prospect in the draft in terms of arm strength. That said you make up some good points why he may struggle. Personally I think Nate Peterson is the best pro ready QB in this class. I know he lacks arm strength but that isn't the most important skill to excel in the NFL.

Mahomes is definitely the most physically gifted QB out there. He's a project, not at the level Cardale is but he definitely needs to be worked with a lot.

His scouting report also has some negatives similar to Tyrod...,specifically the anticipation reads.

I actually have been intrigued by Peterman as well. Maybe he will be there in the 3rd and I'd run to the podium with the pick. He could probably be our back up year 1 because he has experience in a pro style system.

Mahomes is definitely the most physically gifted QB out there. He's a project, not at the level Cardale is but he definitely needs to be worked with a lot.

His scouting report also has some negatives similar to Tyrod...,specifically the anticipation reads.

I actually have been intrigued by Peterman as well. Maybe he will be there in the 3rd and I'd run to the podium with the pick. He could probably be our back up year 1 because he has experience in a pro style system.

Peterman is nothing but a future backup.

What are the odds you miss an 18th season in a parity-driven NFL? It's just not fair... someone please give the Bills a break?

Most teams change management when they fail after 3 years. Bills seem to have continuity even when they fire coaches. So I expect this draft to go down the way last years did. A head coach empowered over a weak GM, throwing away picks, and patching holes.

There is no vision at One Bills Drive. We see a team chasing its own tail over and over.

The Air Raid offense is just another form of a spread offense. QB's can transition quickly if they have a good OC who takes concepts they are comfortable with and creates plays for them based on that. That's really what helped Dak last year. Sure, the great line and running game helped but Dallas really did stuff to get Dak going.

Mahomes could have the same success if he goes to the right team. In fact, Mahomes is a better passer than Dak was last year.

Why has there never been a successful Air Raid QB in the NFL? There have been several 1st and 2nd rounders who had the physical talent but struggled mightily in the NFL.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/4/21/11473382/jared-goff-nfl-draft-2016-cal-air-raid