Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

Trump critic Ian Bremmer credits Trump with North and South Korea (yes, seriously)

I’ve been critical of Trump foreign policy missteps in past year: TPP, Paris, too many unnecessary missteps with allies to count.

But today’s historic North/South Korea breakthrough does not happen without priority & pressure from US President.

Trump deserves full credit.

Major props to Ian for giving credit where credit is due.

It’s not an easy thing to do.

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Wow....on Trump's watch!!    How are the liberals going to spin that?   :lol:

who cares, the Dems and the media are that c-unit of a mother-in-law

hey wait, an archetype for HIllary in so many ways

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just wait until it's official and the Nobel talks start in earnest: 

DbymfnJU8AEjL6E.jpg

nobel.jpg

They'll award it to President Obama for his "efforts towards global peace, resilient and successful, even in the face of active sabotage by a current President dead set on total global annihilation."

Or some other such bull ****.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Wow....on Trump's watch!!    How are the liberals going to spin that?   :lol:

Judging by Twitter..."This has nothing to do with Trump, this is all China and North Korea.  Trump's not even there!"

Because the president can't possibly be at all responsibly if he's not physically inserting  himself in to  the middle.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Judging by Twitter..."This has nothing to do with Trump, this is all China and North Korea.  Trump's not even there!"

Because the president can't possibly be at all responsibly if he's not physically inserting  himself in to  the middle.

They did worse for Reagan, they are such a bunch of losers.

6 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Trump gets some credit for this summit, but it is really just a dog and pony show, and means nothing substantively. 

Sure... for now. 

But if a deal gets done that denuclearizes the DPRK, ends the Korean War officially, allows troops to come home, and sets the stage for actual reunification talks... it means a whole hell of a lot. 

15 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Trump gets some credit for this summit, but it is really just a dog and pony show, and means nothing substantively. 

That's a totally cynical view.....  it's kind of a big deal over there and Americans died over the cause...

Just now, row_33 said:

That's a totally cynical view.....  it's kind of a big deal over there and Americans died over the cause...

North Korea has its bombs, and has tested its nuclear weapons and delivery devices multiple times. How many tests did we run before we used the A-bomb. Cynical, yes. Accurate, yes. That said, the summit is a positive move, despite it likely being a meaningless gesture meant to politically manipulate. 

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sure... for now. 

But if a deal gets done that denuclearizes the DPRK, ends the Korean War officially, allows troops to come home, and sets the stage for actual reunification talks... it means a whole hell of a lot. 

If that happens, I'll concede how wrong I am to you, Bigfoot, and The Great and Powerful Oz. 

Just now, Paulus said:

North Korea has its bombs, and has tested its nuclear weapons and delivery devices multiple times. How many tests did we run before we used the A-bomb. Cynical, yes. Accurate, yes. That said, the summit is a positive move, despite it likely being a meaningless gesture meant to politically manipulate. 

If that happens, I'll concede how wrong I am to you, Bigfoot, and The Great and Powerful Oz. 

I understand the hesitation to trust the DPRK's lofty promises, I do. It's a rational approach to the run up to this summit, so don't get me wrong. :beer:  

But it's amazing to me that people can be so dismissive of massive change happening right in front of their face. We're in a new world... 

Image result for kim jong un

This is not a negotiating ploy... it would harm Kim at home more than it would help. His people (as in his generals) believe this is a sign of weakness, not strength. Yet he's doing it anyway... not just doing it, but making giant concessions along the way.

DPRK and the Mullahs are going away, this year. Then it'll be impossible to ignore what's happening.

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I understand the hesitation to trust the DPRK's lofty promises, I do. It's a rational approach to the run up to this summit, so don't get me wrong. :beer:  

But it's amazing to me that people can be so dismissive of massive change happening right in front of their face. We're in a new world... 

Image result for kim jong un

This is not a negotiating ploy... it would harm Kim at home more than it would help. His people (as in his generals) believe this is a sign of weakness, not strength. Yet he's doing it anyway... not just doing it, but making giant concessions along the way.

DPRK and the Mullahs are going away, this year. Then it'll be impossible to ignore what's happening.

I am pretty much in agreement with you. Despite it arguably being mainly for show, concessions were made and I doubt this would have happened under a Clinton regime. It'll be interesting to see what this summit will be viewed as in 5, 10, 20 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Paulus said:

This is better than bribing them and acting like the US is lower than a beta-country.

38 minutes ago, row_33 said:

This is better than bribing them and acting like the US is lower than a beta-country.

Don't get me wrong, what happened was a positive thing. I just have very little faith in NK doing being genuinely forthcoming.

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Deal's been done since November, folks....

Iran's next. 

Is Kim standing on a stepstool, or is Moon short, too?

And Nobel being Nobel, they will give the award to Kim, of course, or Elizabeth Warren so she has cred for her 2020 run.

• Haha (+1) 2