NCAA BB March Madness

boyst

Only Kansas, Mich St, UNC and Wisconsin have been to the Sweet 16 more (7 times) in the last 10 years than Xavier (tied with Arizona, Duke, UK and Louisville at 6). Surprise anyone? Yes, I'm a proud man....with no voice after this weekend.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Purdue, Michigan & Wisconsin.

Wisconsin looked great against 'Nova, and beat us last year at the buzzer. they are good year in and year out. Michigan is hot. Purdue? No idea. Big East has 2 in the Sweet 16 and we see that as disappointing, but hey, it's tough going!

Wisconsin looked great against 'Nova, and beat us last year at the buzzer. they are good year in and year out. Michigan is hot. Purdue? No idea. Big East has 2 in the Sweet 16 and we see that as disappointing, but hey, it's tough going!

I'll say hello to Xavier when they get to San Jose. :thumbsup:

I'll say hello to Xavier when they get to San Jose. :thumbsup:

I spent last night at the game, then post-game with some of the players parents. That was four long nights in a row! I honestly do love the "Xavier family". And if they stay, they graduate (behind only Bucknell and Duke, the last I saw). Out of 350+ teams, that's pretty nice. I'll be in Vail Thursday (yes, I'm eager for that), but the awesome wife asked if we needed to change travel plans. She has to work in Denver for a few days, so keep it simple.

Huge embarrassment for the ACC (sans UNC) and my feelings on Dook came to fruition. Worst coaching job by K in years; he has succumbed to the "one and done" recruiting philosophy and couldn't get the players to buy in. Preseason #1, being talked about as potentially going undefeated, and save for one nice 4-day stretch at the ACC tourney they can be considered nothing but a huge disappointment. Good riddance.

Virginia was just ugly -- Bennett better realize that style of play simply doesn't work anymore once you get to tournament play, and he's going to find it harder and harder to recruit kids who want to run and actually play, you know, offense.

FSU gave up. Horrible. I give Xavier a lot of credit but there's no way FSU should be losing by 25 to anybody.

Along with the Miami fiasco vs. Michigan State those were four of the most disastrous performances of the tourney by teams who were supposed to be better.

Now for the Heels, it's on to Memphis! The Kentucky/UCLA game Friday night should be awesome.

I just need UNC to lose at this point. That loss would cripple the one guy in my bracket who absolutely must not win.

I kinda thought Arkansas got screwed on two straight calls at the end of the game (the OB call, the shot was blocked by UNC landed OB and they ruled UNC ball, reviewed it and kept it the same, plus the charge that wasn't called on UNC the next play) and who knows what would have happened if those had gone the other way

I kinda thought Arkansas got screwed on two straight calls at the end of the game (the OB call, the shot was blocked by UNC landed OB and they ruled UNC ball, reviewed it and kept it the same, plus the charge that wasn't called on UNC the next play) and who knows what would have happened if those had gone the other way

The Heels shot an uncharacteristically low % or the game wouldn't have been close, and Arkansas hit at least two or three end of the shot clock "prayer" threes as well. The better team won.

The Heels shot an uncharacteristically low % or the game wouldn't have been close, and Arkansas hit at least two or three end of the shot clock "prayer" threes as well. The better team won.

I don't think anyone is disputing who is the better team, that doesn't change what I said

I don't think anyone is disputing who is the better team, that doesn't change what I said

I guess my point is that saying Arkansas got "screwed" is a little off the mark, in my opinion.

I guess my point is that saying Arkansas got "screwed" is a little off the mark, in my opinion.

This is how I look at it, UNC played poorly after getting up big which allowed Arkansas to come back and take the lead and had them in a position to win. Refs made two bad calls with about a minute and a half or less left that in my opinion directly impacted the chances or Arkansas pulling off the upset, hence the screwed

Does that make sense?

Edited by Bray Wyatt

This is how I look at it, UNC played poorly after getting up big which allowed Arkansas to come back and take the lead and had them in a position to win. Refs made two bad calls with about a minute and a half or less left that in my opinion directly impacted the chances or Arkansas pulling off the upset, hence the screwed

Does that make sense?

Sure, I understand what you're saying but I look at the game as a whole, and the breaks Arkansas got throughout mean just as much as two "iffy" calls near the end of the game. Tell me about a close game in which one team or the other isn't bemoaning a call (or lack thereof)?

Edited by eball

You aren't serious that UNC is ENTITLED to the benefit of the FG% it got against the regular season, are you?

Are you 12 years old?

Over 4 decades I've watched way greater UNC teams crap the bed in the early rounds or come close to losing it all carelessly.

Sure, I understand what you're saying but I look at the game as a whole, and the breaks Arkansas got throughout mean just as much as two "iffy" calls near the end of the game. Tell me about a close game in which one team or the other isn't bemoaning a call (or lack thereof)?

The difference is is that calls that happen earlier in the game, there is still time to make it up, at the end of a close game they have a much greater impact on the outcome. Even the announcers were ragging on the calls at the end. Two pretty obvious calls that were wrong that were in favor of UNC put the game out of reach for Arkansas, hence they were screwed. I don't see how that is even debatable to be honest, you must be UNC fan

The difference is is that calls that happen earlier in the game, there is still time to make it up, at the end of a close game they have a much greater impact on the outcome. Even the announcers were ragging on the calls at the end. Two pretty obvious calls that were wrong that were in favor of UNC put the game out of reach for Arkansas, hence they were screwed. I don't see how that is even debatable to be honest, you must be UNC fan

The wise men in my life tell me only watch the last 10 minutes unless you have:

1) sweet action on the game

2) are a fan of a team or you are angrily cheering for the team playing against Duke in this game

3) you have a pass to sit there on the couch watching sports for 16 hours on this day off

4) you are with other humans dedicated to watching 16 hours of sports today, getting toasted or blitzed or mellow as appropriate

It's almost impossible to blow out a team at this stage of the game (exception being Magic's Spartans murdering the fluky Penn Quakers in the semi-final), so fast forward to the final ten minutes, a blowout at that point isn't worth watching and the last 10 are all that matters if she is close

So

Edited by row_33

Huge embarrassment for the ACC (sans UNC) and my feelings on Dook came to fruition. Worst coaching job by K in years; he has succumbed to the "one and done" recruiting philosophy and couldn't get the players to buy in. Preseason #1, being talked about as potentially going undefeated, and save for one nice 4-day stretch at the ACC tourney they can be considered nothing but a huge disappointment. Good riddance.

Virginia was just ugly -- Bennett better realize that style of play simply doesn't work anymore once you get to tournament play, and he's going to find it harder and harder to recruit kids who want to run and actually play, you know, offense.

FSU gave up. Horrible. I give Xavier a lot of credit but there's no way FSU should be losing by 25 to anybody.

Along with the Miami fiasco vs. Michigan State those were four of the most disastrous performances of the tourney by teams who were supposed to be better.

Now for the Heels, it's on to Memphis! The Kentucky/UCLA game Friday night should be awesome.

No doubt, they quit like an AAU team. I was there, and it was fun to see! :) Hamilton should be called the Head Recruiter, because he does that well. But he's not much of a coach.

Did you realize in the last 10 years only Kansas, UNC, Wisconsin and Mich St have more Sweet 16's than the 6 that little old Xavier has? That's pretty elite company (and even Wisc might surprise some).

No doubt, they quit like an AAU team. I was there, and it was fun to see! :) Hamilton should be called the Head Recruiter, because he does that well. But he's not much of a coach.

Did you realize in the last 10 years only Kansas, UNC, Wisconsin and Mich St have more Sweet 16's than the 6 that little old Xavier has? That's pretty elite company (and even Wisc might surprise some).

Xavier is in the top 5 in the back of my mind for going further than I think they should over the last 40 years.

It's good to have a decent squad that the NCAA grand poobahs refuse to believe can ball.

!@#$!!!! :censored:

Iverson fouls a guy throwing up a desperation 3 as the shot clock runs out and on the next trip they give up 2 offense rebounds. Six point swing in the last 2 mins cost us the game. I'm so !@#$ing pissed off right now.

Yes, that was very unfortunate.

I saw Wichita State & Rhode Island as two dangerous teams in this tournament.

Oregon got lucky.