Sign Terrelle Pryor

wppete

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. I thought he would command a huge deal. 1/$8. That's what we are going to pay Percy Harvin this year!

the more I hear the more it sounds like he was the one who wanted the 1 year deal. Thinks the bigger payday is next year and his value will be higher. Alshon did the same.

Can't really argue that. They are both going to get the ball a Ton.

Edited by YoloinOhio

the more I hear the more it sounds like he was the one who wanted the 1 year deal. Thinks the bigger payday is next year and his value will be higher. Alshon did the same.

Can't really argue that. They are both going to get the ball. Ton.

I respect that when they gamble on themselves (like Tyrod did).

@11W

Per @TerryPluto, Terrelle Pryor turned down a four-year offer with $16 million guaranteed from the Browns.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2017/03/80751/terrelle-pryor-reportedly-turned-down-a-cleveland-browns-four-year-deal-with-16-million-guaranteed

Hmmm, there's something off about this guy. I can understand why you wouldn't wanna be locked in with the Browns for 4 yrs from a monetary standpoint, hoping to cash in after he proves last year was no fluke. But the Browns are stacked with picks and in year 4 of his deal, could actually be decent assuming they hit on half of those picks and find a QB. Maybe there is some truth to his diva-tude. In comparisons I can't believe how much Rob Woods made. I liked him a lot but DAMN!

Hmmm, there's something off about this guy. I can understand why you wouldn't wanna be locked in with the Browns for 4 yrs from a monetary standpoint, hoping to cash in after he proves last year was no fluke. But the Browns are stacked with picks and in year 4 of his deal, could actually be decent assuming they hit on half of those picks and find a QB. Maybe there is some truth to his diva-tude. In comparisons I can't believe how much Rob Woods made. I liked him a lot but DAMN!

Betting on himself.

If he puts up 1300-1500 yards and 10+ TD's.......which he's certainly capable of if he makes strides in only his second full year as a WR and as the closest specimen to Megatron in the current NFL........ he's in for a huge contract.....possibly even averaging $16M PER SEASON.

Betting on himself.

If he puts up 1300-1500 yards and 10+ TD's.......which he's certainly capable of if he makes strides in only his second full year as a WR and as the closest specimen to Megatron in the current NFL........ he's in for a huge contract.....possibly even averaging $16M PER SEASON.

I love when players do this and am entertained by either result. He's a good RAH RAH story. Let's hope for his sake it works out. Meanwhile Philly just made their WR room stacked. I don't think Jeffery will live up to his similar game plan in the least and could easily be overshadowed by Mathews, Ertz, even Torrey. Atleast Pryor knows he's gonna get fed... how upset will he be if Cousins leaves? Ouch! So many spinning plates this early in FA. I like that Whaley let's the smoke settle. Better then wining and dining players like Charles "hump day off" Clay. Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

I think he is an idiot. Robert woods got a 5 year $38M deal with $14M guaranteed. I would be shocked if Pryor couldn't have gotten a similar (likely better) deal.

The risk is huge-- if he lays an egg, he's playing on 1-year deals at below market value and bears the risk of injury. If he had signed a deal and then exploded as a true no. 1, then just hold out and renegotiate.

The "1 year prove it" deal doesn't make sense to me in this context. Same with Jeffrey.

he got that type of deal from Cleveland and turned it down. 4 yrs, 32 mill with 17 mill gtd. He asked for 13 mill/yr and they thought that was outrageous and turned around and signed Britt. He must think he will get that next year if he balls out and this was his best option to get the ball a lot.

I think alshon was hurt by his PED suspension, recent injuries and low production with bad QBs. He needs to build his brand (so to speak) back up for the big payday.

Edited by YoloinOhio

he got that type of deal from Cleveland and turned it down. 4 yrs, 32 mill with 17 mill gtd. He asked for 13 mill/yr and they thought that was outrageous and turned around and signed Britt. He must think he will get that next year if he balls out and this was his best option to get the ball a lot.

I think alshon was hurt by his PED suspension, recent injuries and low production with bad QBs. He needs to build his brand (so to speak) back up for the big payday.

I guess I can see that for Jeffrey, though his talent is unquestionable in my mind. On Pryor, let's say he exploded next year as a no. 1. Just try to renegotiate. It's what everyone else does that makes that sort of leap-- e.g., Antonio Brown.

I think he is an idiot. Robert woods got a 5 year $38M deal with $14M guaranteed. I would be shocked if Pryor couldn't have gotten a similar (likely better) deal.

The risk is huge-- if he lays an egg, he's playing on 1-year deals at below market value and bears the risk of injury. If he had signed a deal and then exploded as a true no. 1, then just hold out and renegotiate.

The "1 year prove it" deal doesn't make sense to me in this context. Same with Jeffrey.

Prior Signed with WASH at 8million a year.. Too much money. No thanks