I need to Vent

These were all good guys but I think as Bills fans we get caught up/enamored with average to above average players a little too much. None of the guys who have been let go were getting us to the playoffs. I wish nothing but the best for all of them they were fun to root for.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a sad morning as a bills fan

Today, the Bills lost 3 of my favorite players from the drought

Stephon Gilmore, Bob Woods and Aaron Williams

Aaron God Bless man and I hope you stay in good health for the rest of your life, just hang um up and call it quits man, you earned it

Stephon Gilmore who has been a scapegoat of the Bills for years.. all he did was practice everyday, keep his mouth shut, and play... Was he the best? No... But we are gonna miss his talents and it's a double whammy he's in new england

And Bob Woods. The consummate professional.. His crafty route running, sure hands and physical blocking as been an intregal part of our team for years.. he never asked for the ball, or complained he didn't get it.. he just busted his ass for years and I might miss him the most

I hope we have a plan in place because we are gonna miss these guy's, and so am I

Good luck guys... Besides Gilmore... I can't even wish him luck in NE

Personally I'm happy about Aaron Williams. I really don't want to see him get hurt any worse than he already has been. Quality guy that needs to look forward.

I'm sad to see Woods heading off to the Rams. I really think he was underrated.

Gilmore is good but not that good. Personally I think he'll be a cap casualty in 1 to 2 years (like Byrd). The Bills were right not to tie up those kinds of resources in a db. If we can get our pass rush back to (or close to) where is was pre-Rex we will be just fine.

I was assuming those three would not be returning since the season ended. I am fine with Gilmore leaving, he is good when he wants to be but he does not always want to be. Robert Woods is a big loss. Aaron Williams wont be playing any more football, at least that is what I think.

I'm not mad about losing Gilmore or Williams, we made offer to Gilmore, he simply went where the money was, and Aaron, loved his play, but we can;t keep paying him 6M at this point

However I am very saddened by not having even made an offer to Woods, because he not only gave it his all the last 4 years for us, he wanted to remain a Bill, and with so many players who play here, whom do not want to be here, and won;t even take our FA offers, here was a young 24 yr old, a high draft pick, who wanted to be a Bill for 8-9 years, I;m sad our folks didn't at least make him an offer

So I can relate to those who want to vent, plus of all the FA's signings today, we didn;t get a single player anywhere near the talent of the 3, plus Zack, that we lost today/yesterday, plus I sure hope we didn;t screw ourselves out of a 3rd round and or 4th round 2018 com pick, which will be the silver lining of having lost Gilmore, Woods, and or Zack

jc

Aaron God Bless man and I hope you stay in good health for the rest of your life, just hang um up and call it quits man, you earned it

Stephon Gilmore who has been a scapegoat of the Bills for years.. all he did was practice everyday, keep his mouth shut, and play... Was he the best? No... But we are gonna miss his talents and it's a double whammy he's in new england

And Bob Woods. The consummate professional.. His crafty route running, sure hands and physical blocking as been an intregal part of our team for years.. he never asked for the ball, or complained he didn't get it.. he just busted his ass for years and I might miss him the most

I hope we have a plan in place because we are gonna miss these guy's, and so am I

....c'mon Big Dawg, ease up and remove the noose.....Aaron needs to retire...health and life are FAR more important than a stupid game...one hit away from Stingley.....and now there is stupid money abound.....Woods got $8 mil/yr from Rams....Alshon got $14 mil from Eagles for one year....Gilmore to the Patsies at $14 mil?......well beyond OBD...

Sad about Aaron Williams, but the guy was just about on his last limb. He should probably go ahead and retire. The neck issue isn't really something to play around with. He was a decent S but he may want to hang em up before he possibly ends up in a wheel chair.

....c'mon Big Dawg, ease up and remove the noose.....Aaron needs to retire...health and life are FAR more important than a stupid game...one hit away from Stingley.....and now there is stupid money abound.....Woods got $8 mil/yr from Rams....Alshon got $14 mil from Eagles for one year....Gilmore to the Patsies at $14 mil?......well beyond OBD...

Thanks bud

I'm easing up

And I completely agree about Aaron

I wish he would have just retired instead of being cut

I think I'll follow the OP's lead and vent as well...

It is 2017, and we now have nothing to show, in the way of 1st round picks, from 2012, 2013, and 2015, AND still no franchise QB...but we are close! :wallbash:

Edited by JaCrispy