Government is watching you through your TV

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SInce about 95% of my TV viewing currently is cricket test matches, I hope they are fans if spying on me.

BREAKING NEWS: As many as 30 NSA signals intelligence analysts have mysteriously died in the past two weeks. Officials suggest boredom may be the cause...

BREAKING NEWS: As many as 30 NSA signals intelligence analysts have mysteriously died in the past two weeks. Officials suggest boredom may be the cause...

LOL

It's best when the trailing team stalls the last day and a half (about 10 hours) "at the plate" so they can weasel out a cheap draw....

I heard about this. Samsung Smart TV's. They can listen in even if you TV set was turned off.

Correct.

Not if you unplug it. Voltage is required to push those electrons merrily along. No voltage applied, no current. No current, no spying. You can also just disconnect it from the web - no connection, your personal info has no way to leave your home.

Not if you unplug it. Voltage is required to push those electrons merrily along. No voltage applied, no current. No current, no spying. You can also just disconnect it from the web - no connection, your personal info has no way to leave your home.

Correct.

That requires consumers being aware of those vulnerabilities though before they can take defensive measures... from our own government.

Funny how that's the new normal now.

Now I just need to figure out how to watch it while it's unplugged. Take that, evil advertisers!

Correct.

That requires consumers being aware of those vulnerabilities though before they can take defensive measures... from our own government.

Funny how that's the new normal now.

Oh, I'm with you 100% on the issue of domestic spying. I'm just trying to remind folks that for now, this revelation regarding smart televisions isn't worth worrying about.

Now I just need to figure out how to watch it while it's unplugged. Take that, evil advertisers!

Do what I do. Watch television with no pants on.