Peterson would consider a "team friendly" deal to join Pats.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a ton of available cap space so all the guys who are in the buisness of throwing things at the wall are doing so. I don't see the use for Peterson in NE.

I think Bill is going to kill it on compensation picks next year and with his cap space he has them set up to stock pile talent once Brady is toast.

Branch

Logan

Hightower

Bennett

All guys that will get overpaid and should be favorable

to the comp system.

Belichick's got nothing against terrific RBs. He doesn't like expensive RBs.

They do indeed have an awful lot on the cap. I doubt it will happen, but if Peterson comes cheap enough, IMHO Belichick would be thrilled to have him. But yeah, he'll likely want to do it in a way that would not eliminate any comp picks. Haven't studied if Peterson is a compensatory guy. If he is, Belichick would likely wait till you can pick them up without reducing your comp picks.

Edited by Thurman#1

I don't get why people are discounting Peterson as a good player... he's one of the greatest running backs of all time. He would do well there. They clearly wanna stretch Brady's last few years, this helps do that. Upgrade over Blount.

Because he's 32, has a TON of carries, huge amounts of wear and tear, etc...

Outside of him being one of a kind there's not much reason to think he will be a game changer at this point

peterson is just not the same superstar RB

he is in serious decline, a poor pass blocker, damaged goods injury wise, getting up in age

he runs best when the qb is under center....not NE

he runs best with a FB lead blocker....not NE

this makes no sense for either side unless he is willing to accept backup money and touches

Didn't see this posted yet, but rumors are swirling that he could join the Pats and would be willing to take less money to do so.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/adrian-peterson-would-reportedly-consider-team-friendly-deal-to-play-for-patriots/amp/

he should if he wants to win a championship

Peterson spanked his kid with a switch. As inappropriate as that may be these days, it's hard to see AP in some criminal light because of it. I would venture a guess that Adrian was punished similarly, and likely going back decades in the Peterson family. It's not neccesarily a justification, but understanding what actually happened when the term "child-abuse" gets thrown around.

If we are going to let guys like Ray Lewis (homicide), Brandon Marshall (repeated dometic abuse), and Mike Vick (dog murderer) play the game, I don't see what's worse about AP.

But I won't complain about the Pats* not signing him. They can pretend like they stand on some moral high ground of which they clearly don't have. But it can be tough to see things clearly when looking down from that high horse they ride upon.