Glennon to get $14-$15m / yr

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youre really something else. "Pantsed" by Tanny and Fitz. You mean our DEFENSE was "pantsed" by Tanny and Fitz.

In 3 games vs the Jets/Fins Tyrod averaged:

322 all purpose yards per game

And TOTALED 8TD 1INT

If you call that getting "pantsed" you need to go watch another sport.

In those 3 games our defense gave up 37 points, 28 points, and 34 points.

he doesn't think defense has any effect on the outcomes of games.

He (Sean) had 3 NFL WRs and still couldn't produce on offense :(

Can't make a statue throw a football my friend.

His best throw was on a pass he completed to himself off a defender's helmet back in 2004 coming in for Bryan Randall in mop up.

Shouldn't we change the thread title to the Tyrod fanboy thread ?

People taking shots at Brees because Tyrod couldn't complete a pass with the top run game setting him up on EZ street all day everyday.

Gross.

Ryan, why are you enamored with the phrase "fan boy" Does it make you feel good to demean people who disagree with you with that term? Does it help your ego?

I like this site. It's a place where we can be informed about the Bills, share ideas, commiserate when things go badly, celebrate when things go well.

We've all shared the misery of the drought together. We don't need to add to each other's misery with name-calling.

The insults don't add to the soundness of your arguments nor to the enjoyment of this site.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Not all at. You drew an equivalency between the Bills and Saints situation s, using their records and respective QBs as evidence. I explained that the two situations differ in that Brees and Taylor are fundamentally different QBs and any draft calculus that ignores such is fundamentally flawed.

I guess I should define 'struggling', since that's what you're hung up on. I don't consider the Saints to be struggling...they won a title and paid their QB accordingly, knowing full well they were going to pay for it for a few years down the road. That's the NFL. Same goes for the Ravens.

I consider teams like the Bengals, Chiefs, Dolphins, Texans, Vikes, Bears etc as 'struggling'. They're arguably in better position to contend than we are, and I'd STILL draft a QB high if I were them.

You seem to not define struggling but prefer naming "struggling teams.

Win loss has little to do with your definition BUT lack of franchise QB seems to be the defining factor.

So Struggling = no franchise QB

Therefore teams with no franchise QB must draft QBs.

There are those who believe a good/great nfl team requires 11 men on the field per side and they all need to play fairly to WIN.

Then there are those who believe it takes only one guy, the others are not so important.

I think it takes a team.

25th in passing yards, 1-6 vs .500 teams, and pantsed by Tanny and Fitz are my faves though.

Paging Jeff is Magic... He's a little late but here you go with the w-l stat being a qb stat from a TT hater.

Youre really something else. "Pantsed" by Tanny and Fitz. You mean our DEFENSE was "pantsed" by Tanny and Fitz.

And TOTALED 8TD 1INT

I am happy he finally upgraded and corrected himself that Tyrod finished 25th in passing yards.

I am happy he introduced pantsed to tsw as I always chuckle

Wouldn't Fitz and Tanny pantsed the defense?

Anyway here they are head to head:

Fitz 395 yards and 1 td 0 ints

Tyrod 322 yards 3tds 1 int

So 70 less yards and 2 more tds I don't think that's a pantsing

Tanny 225 yards 1 TD 0 ints

Tyrod 256 yards 2 TDs 0 ints

It would appear Tyrod played better than Tanny by your stat driven criteria

Tanny didn't play

Matt Moore 233 yards 2 Tds 1 int

Tyrod 389 yards 3 Tds 0 ints

So out of those 3 games maybe you could say Fitz played better maybe. If I recall he threw a ton of balls up and let Quincy freaking Enunwa tear up the D.

Paging Jeff is Magic... He's a little late but here you go with the w-l stat being a qb stat from a TT hater.

I am happy he finally upgraded and corrected himself that Tyrod finished 25th in passing yards.

I am happy he introduced pantsed to tsw as I always chuckle

Wouldn't Fitz and Tanny pantsed the defense?

Anyway here they are head to head:

Fitz 395 yards and 1 td 0 ints

Tyrod 322 yards 3tds 1 int

So 70 less yards and 2 more tds I don't think that's a pantsing

Tanny 225 yards 1 TD 0 ints

Tyrod 256 yards 2 TDs 0 ints

It would appear Tyrod played better than Tanny by your stat driven criteria

Tanny didn't play

Matt Moore 233 yards 2 Tds 1 int

Tyrod 389 yards 3 Tds 0 ints

So out of those 3 games maybe you could say Fitz played better maybe. If I recall he threw a ton of balls up and let Quincy freaking Enunwa tear up the D.

Tyrod just isn't good enough to commit all that money to. Winning a duel with Matt Moore against a Dolphins D that had no corners, safeties, or linebackers. Every year you will play crap teams and Tyrod can do well against them. He just didn't show up against anyone else.

Tyrod just isn't good enough to commit all that money to. Winning a duel with Matt Moore against a Dolphins D that had no corners, safeties, or linebackers. Every year you will play crap teams and Tyrod can do well against them. He just didn't show up against anyone else.

So now we diminish division rivalry games too. Miami made the playoffs no?

Again, in those three games our defense averaged 33 points against. Remind me again where the problem lies.

Overall Our defense points against vs division opponents:

0* (no brady)

If your defense gets obliterated vs divisional opponents you dont stand a chance at the playoffs. And these amazing defensive performances came with a QB that doesnt throw 2-3int per game.

Edited by bobobonators

I was only calling to you to point out its Ryan and the ilk thayou attribute win loss solely to the qb.

however you say he played like crap against everyone else. I'm on mobile so I can't pull up games easily bit here is 2 against Miami who was a playoff team and certainly the Seattle game. tomorrow if I have time I'll look for more.

And TOTALED 8TD 1INT

Yea Tyrod was definetly pantsed in the first fins game. No doubt about it.

To Hondo. We definetly have some fan boys who make every excuse for TT's plays. It's a joke not derogatory, call me a Sammy, McCoy fanboy all day I am one. I'm a Mitch Trubisky fanboy too.

I was only calling to you to point out its Ryan and the ilk thayou attribute win loss solely to the qb.

however you say he played like crap against everyone else. I'm on mobile so I can't pull up games easily bit here is 2 against Miami who was a playoff team and certainly the Seattle game. tomorrow if I have time I'll look for more.

I'll give you Seattle. What's interesting s that Seattle doesn't try to trick offenses. They just play fast and attack. But Tyrod had too many games like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Oakland, etc.

I'm not a hater, unless we are talking about James Harden or Aaron Rogers I kinda hate them irrationally. Jim Carrey too.

I don't think the 20th-25th ranked qb's can have haters ??

If he was 5th-10th ranked I'd be a hater. He's just not good at passing so I view him as a major issue and a huge waste of time.

Yes the defense is an issue as well. Doesn't absolve TT of his failures like the fanboys say.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'll give you Seattle. What's interesting s that Seattle doesn't try to trick offenses. They just play fast and attack. But Tyrod had too many games like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Oakland, etc.

And Cincinnati. I mention it in every one of these threads. People tend to ignore it because we won but it was right up there with Baltimore as his worst all 22 of the season. Open receivers were running all over the field on every dropback and he didn't see them. He missed a straightforward touchdown to a wide open Tate all alone in the corner of the endzone on a simple safety read and on 5 occassions he bailed out of clean pockets.

There were 5 or 6 ugly all 22s for Tyrod last year but the Cincinnati game took some beating. The Monday evening when I sat down to review the all 22 was the day I gave up on the idea that Tyrod could be more than a bridge Quarterback... there is just too many basic reads blown, clean pockets abandoned and open receivers missed on film.

And that is why I am ambivalent on what they decide to do. I am probably edging towards release him but I will understand if they keep him and certainly won't kill them for it.

And Cincinnati. I mention it in every one of these threads. People tend to ignore it because we won but it was right up there with Baltimore as his worst all 22 of the season. Open receivers were running all over the field on every dropback and he didn't see them. He missed a straightforward touchdown to a wide open Tate all alone in the corner of the endzone on a simple safety read and on 5 occassions he bailed out of clean pockets.

There were 5 or 6 ugly all 22s for Tyrod last year but the Cincinnati game took some beating. The Monday evening when I sat down to review the all 22 was the day I gave up on the idea that Tyrod could be more than a bridge Quarterback... there is just too many basic reads blown, clean pockets abandoned and open receivers missed on film.

And that is why I am ambivalent on what they decide to do. I am probably edging towards release him but I will understand if they keep him and certainly won't kill them for it.

And this is why you cannot pay a QB that much money if they can't pass the ball. But even scarier than paying a bridge QB 40 million is the process the Bills are using. If they let their GM get overruled by the coach on building the roster we are doomed. You can't let a coach GM the team in the NFL with few exceptions. Coaches think of in the now, not the next year or year after that. We might be the Buffalo Redskins. Weak GM and meddling owner.

Edited by jeffismagic