Does Watson's impressive combine do anything for you?

Bobby, long time no talk. Glad to see ya over here.

1-Mahomes

2-Watson

3-Trubisky

4-Kizer

5-Peterman

I'm not high at all on Kizer either.

Yeah you too. Got banned from other place week 2 and came here.

Your list is right about where mine is. I just have Kaaya 5th and Peterman 6th (but they really are seperated by an eyelash)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby, long time no talk. Glad to see ya over here.

1-Mahomes

2-Watson

3-Trubisky

4-Kizer

5-Peterman

I'm not high at all on Kizer either.

I prefer Watson. I am intrigued by Mahomes, but I have also read some fellas who are more expert at analyzing qb than I am who seem to have grave doubts about Mahomes. It is partly that he comes from an Air Raid offense, but they also seem to think that his mechanics are atrocious. So, I dunno, but I am in agreement with those who think we should draft a qb early.

I prefer Watson. I am intrigued by Mahomes, but I have also read some fellas who are more expert at analyzing qb than I am who seem to have grave doubts about Mahomes. It is partly that he comes from an Air Raid offense, but they also seem to think that his mechanics are atrocious. So, I dunno, but I am in agreement with those who think we should draft a qb early.

The knocks really are all about the Air Raid offense. But there is a positive about that offense. Mahomes was forced into entire defense reads. That doesnt happen with alot of college offenses.

Yes his footwork in the pocket is a HUGE question. But combine showed he has gotten better and more fluid in 5-7 step drops.

What I absolutely love though is his ability to be accurate throwing and adjusting his arm platform. He delivers accurately from any angle.

Now all that said about Mahome. I am going to be just as happy if Watson is the QB chosen.

I would be happy with any of the top 3 actually. Just prefer Mahomes

Edited by MAJBobby

Agreed. But if the only time the QB has the chance to show certain throws because their offense doesnt call for those routes (Clemson) the only time a QB like Watson has to show he can make those throws are against air at Combine and Prodays. And he did that. Teams will note he can make the NFL throws Clemson didnt ask him to make.

This is why college QBs are so hard to project as NFL players. When I watch QBs the most important aspects are his accuracy, anticipation and awareness. If he has those qualities then I'm much more comfortable with him handling NFL throws. Can't punish a kid because of the offense he played in but if he has the necessary traits of successful QBs then it at least provides a solid foundation in which to work with.

will you promise not to have a break down when Tyrod is our starter for the next at least two years?

How can you sit through the Oakland and Pitt games and have this point of view ?

Explain it to me please. The only breakdowns will be from the Taylor fanboys as I drop I told you so's for 10 weeks until he gets benched again.

Might want to watch the playoffs and sb again.

Elite qb's are where it's at. Not 6th round projects who are backups elsewhere.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yeah you too. Got banned from other place week 2 and came here.

Your list is right about where mine is. I just have Kaaya 5th and Peterman 6th (but they really are seperated by an eyelash)

You got banned too? 😂😂😂

Man...what happened to that place?! I never remembered you rocking the boat.

The knocks really are all about the Air Raid offense. But there is a positive about that offense. Mahomes was forced into entire defense reads. That doesnt happen with alot of college offenses.

Yes his footwork in the pocket is a HUGE question. But combine showed he has gotten better and more fluid in 5-7 step drops.

What I absolutely love though is his ability to be accurate throwing and adjusting his arm platform. He delivers accurately from any angle.

Now all that said about Mahome. I am going to be just as happy if Watson is the QB chosen.

I would be happy with any of the top 3 actually. Just prefer Mahomes

I am also good with this. Thanks for your insight. I enjoy your posts.

An NFL employee that I have an opportunity to talk with frequently asked me what I thought about Deshaun Watson after his National Championship Performance. The bottom-line verdict: While I’m still studying him, I haven’t seen any major flaws with his game that should make a team shy away from him as prospect with starter upside.

His verdict was similar.

“His game doesn’t check all the boxes that I need on my assessment to say he’s a low-risk pick that one would recommend without reservation as an early pick, but he doesn’t have any deal-breaker negatives that would lead me to believe he’s unlikely to progress.”

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/01/25/rsp-film-room-no-95-qb-deshaun-watson-reading/

Didnt EJ perform very well at the combine?

EJ looked the part. It's why he was one of the biggest high school recruits in the country and a 3 year starter at one of best colleges in the country. He has every physical tool and seems like a great dude. I bought it. But he always left you wanting more.

Watson is less physically gifted but he just completed one of the greatest college careers ever. The combine just confirmed the guy is a player. IMO, I think he will be gone before we pick. But if we pass on him, I feel like we watch him be good on another team wondering why didn't we take one of the best college qbs ever.

Big fan of Watson, bigger fan of Mahomes.

What do people think of VT's Evans?

Evans is Jones or Logan Thomas. A lot of upside but needs to go to a perfect situation where they can watch for a few years under a veteran guy.