Does Watson's impressive combine do anything for you?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had sufficient pass blocking and held the ball too long

Keep saying nonsense like drivel and troll. There was a thread on here that broke down the numbers in detail

You don't know what you're talking about, you're just a Tyrod fan with excuses. When Brandon Tate is wide open in the EZ you throw the ball. Unless your name is Tyrod Taylor then you just hold it longer.

Watson or Trubisky will save us soon. Very soon. Make your read get rid of the ball

I know exactly what im talking about. Tyrod had an average year with below average pass blocking and wr corps that wasnt regarded as anything but backups. Tyrod needs to improve without question but I have seen him destroy your theory year one when we actually had a healthy sammy watkins and he connected with watkins at an alarming rate that was only matched if i remember correctly by one or two other wr/qb duos. The reason Taylor had time in the pocket was his athleticism something that you clearly werent paying attention to.

I know exactly what im talking about. Tyrod had an average year with below average pass blocking and wr corps that wasnt regarded as anything but backups. Tyrod needs to improve without question but I have seen him destroy your theory year one when we actually had a healthy sammy watkins and he connected with watkins at an alarming rate that was only matched if i remember correctly by one or two other wr/qb duos. The reason Taylor had time in the pocket was his athleticism something that you clearly werent paying attention to.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1671762-tyrod-taylor-had-most-time-to-pass-in-nfl

Tyrod Taylor at #1 for holding the ball to long. Bye Felicia.

It's why he loses to the leadfoots who get rid of the ball quicky.

Go to the Glennon thread. The TT apologists are there. Bring donuts.

Pm me if you wish to continue. We need to get out of the Watson thread.

Watson won't have this critical flaw.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/ngs/timetothrow

Scroll until you can't scroll anymore to find your guy

Edited by Ryan L Billz

How many guys keep coming out with all these impressive numbers every year, but still can't read a defense and make tight throws. An impressive physical performance at the combine is about as useful as breasts on BuffaloBarbarian.

Way more interested in if guys can read defense, makes adjustments and adapt to having to change the way play (ie throw short, throw long, throw over the middle as strategy dictates)

I'm not sure that we, as fans, will have to be worried about whether the Bills have an option to pick Watson when they draft #10. Right now, there isn't a QB on San Francisco's roster. There is very little doubt in my mind that the 49ers are drafting QB. Being in Chicago, I can tell you with almost certainly that the Bears are moving on from Jay Cutler. Right now, I think Trubisky and Watson go #2/#3 in either order. In terms of whether Watson's combine "does anything for me", it didn't. A lot of QB's look good at the combine. Big whoop.

Hey at this point the whole thing is a teardown and rebuild. If they go ahead and take the big bullet and let TT go, why not take a QB at 10? Might as well go all " expansion team " on the thing... they ain't goin' anywhere anytime soon anyway with the GOATs in NE.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

I have no trouble picking someone at #10 who could be a franchise QB. Certainties are gone before #10.

There are exactly two considerations that would keep me from selecting Watson #1 overall, the Brady tools: Decision Making, Accuracy.

I don't question his makeup, intelligence, drive, arm strength, hand size, or athletic ability. So if you know he will have excellent accuracy and decision making he is a no doubter at #1.

If you feel pretty confident that these two things will evolve into NFL Good or better, he is easy to pick at #10 or even trade up. If you think these will not develop and are pretty doubtful, then he isn't going to be better than Tyrod, and isn't worth your pick.

I don't think the combine does anything to help you with his decision making, but I could be wrong and they picked up some things in the interview.

If the throwing portion showed something that they didn't already know from game tape in terms of accuracy, then you could work on that.

But for the most part, I think your evaluation of Watson's current and projected Decision Making and Accuracy would not be impacted in any direction by the combine, so you leave the combine with the exact same evaluation you had coming in.

My gut feeling right now on projecting these two qualities and the QB he will become is that he is definitely worth a pick at #10, and probably worth a trade up to 4 to 9, but still a little too uncertain to consider a trade up to 1 or 2 or 3 (guessing on what those trades would cost...meaning I wouldn't RGIII to make it happen, but would give up something beyond #10).

I have no trouble picking someone at #10 who could be a franchise QB. Certainties are gone before #10.

There are exactly two considerations that would keep me from selecting Watson #1 overall, the Brady tools: Decision Making, Accuracy.

I don't question his makeup, intelligence, drive, arm strength, hand size, or athletic ability. So if you know he will have excellent accuracy and decision making he is a no doubter at #1.

If you feel pretty confident that these two things will evolve into NFL Good or better, he is easy to pick at #10 or even trade up. If you think these will not develop and are pretty doubtful, then he isn't going to be better than Tyrod, and isn't worth your pick.

I don't think the combine does anything to help you with his decision making, but I could be wrong and they picked up some things in the interview.

If the throwing portion showed something that they didn't already know from game tape in terms of accuracy, then you could work on that.

But for the most part, I think your evaluation of Watson's current and projected Decision Making and Accuracy would not be impacted in any direction by the combine, so you leave the combine with the exact same evaluation you had coming in.

My gut feeling right now on projecting these two qualities and the QB he will become is that he is definitely worth a pick at #10, and probably worth a trade up to 4 to 9, but still a little too uncertain to consider a trade up to 1 or 2 or 3 (guessing on what those trades would cost...meaning I wouldn't RGIII to make it happen, but would give up something beyond #10).

I don't hate Watson but would not pick him before Trubisky or Mahomes.

Yep. Dude is a baller. If he's there at number 10 for us, we're taking him for sure.

I don't know about that.

But I would like Bills to make it work. At Ten ? is pushing it for me for any of these guys. But I do like this kid Watson.

Definitely draft a QB. When is my real issue as i am out guessing the Bills Scout Team and what the big picture is.