Does Watson's impressive combine do anything for you?

Personally, I'm on the fence about taking him at 10. Don't follow college enough to tell whether or not he is really an upgrade over tyrod. Currently I'm leaning towards keeping Tyrod and drafting a QB in the 2nd/3rd and see if something better comes around next year.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Watson showed very well at Combine. Actaully the Big three Watson, Trubinsky, Mahomes all did what they needed to do.

I also thought Kizer had a nice Combine, his game tape still worries me. And Kaaya helped himself alot at the Combine as well.

IMO Watson showed very well at Combine. Actaully the Big three Watson, Trubinsky, Mahomes all did what they needed to do.

I also thought Kizer had a nice Combine, his game tape still worries me. And Kaaya helped himself alot at the Combine as well.

Thats odd, seeing that most thought Kizer had a big arm, but that his accuracy and footwork were awful

Edited by Clemfield2622

Thats odd, seeing that most thought Kizer had a big arm, but that his accuracy and footwork were awful

Footwork was horrible, but footwork can be addressed. Henreally needed to stay in school but i also know why he left. I really still would not draft him.

If Bills are going QB Mahomes really is my choice. I love his games. Reads entire field, can move so will fit Dennisons offense, can deliver accurately from any arm angle.

80% of scouting decisions are based on tape from games, and the most important part of the combine is the medical. I'm sure there are other guys who follow closely college ball, so I'm happy to read you guys thought a of him the last couple of years.

What Watson had to show at the combine, because his games dont show it, was the accurate NFL throws. The 15 yard out, Dig etc. he did that. Granted it was against air but he showed he anticipates and makes those throws accurately.

Mahomes needed to show improved footwork or any footwork in drops. Watching his drops at the start of drills the drops he made were mechanical. However as drills went on you saw comfort in his feet. Still will be a work in progress.

Mitchell needed also show enough arm to make those NFL throws. Again he did it.

Best way i can say is none of them hurt themselves. And doesnt reslly change my opinion i would take all three over our current situation. Prefer Mahomes

Edited by MAJBobby

It changes nothing for me. I'd be happy with Watson, but I still want Mahomes. Mahomes has generational arm talent.

I like Mahomes as well. Kid reminds me of Farve. It would be nice to have him sit behind someone for a year or so and develop.

I like Mahomes as well. Kid reminds me of Farve. It would be nice to have him sit behind someone for a year or so and develop.

Exactly. This dude can complete passes he shouldn't make he's so special.

Also, there are at least 5 QBs in this draft that I think would be instantly better than Tyrod.

Exactly. This dude can complete passes he shouldn't make he's so special.

Also, there are at least 5 QBs in this draft that I think would be instantly better than Tyrod.

I am not sure on at least 5 instantly better. I do think there are 4 that can come in and at least give you what TT does with a ceiling to grow too. Unlike TT who i think is at his ceiling. So what you see is what you get with him.

The medical and interviews are probably the most important things at the combine, at least imo. Throwing against air doesn't do much for me. The game tape will always be your best source for evaluation. I'm curious to know how Watson handled the white board and talking with teams.

The medical and interviews are probably the most important things at the combine, at least imo. Throwing against air doesn't do much for me. The game tape will always be your best source for evaluation. I'm curious to know how Watson handled the white board and talking with teams.

Agreed. But if the only time the QB has the chance to show certain throws because their offense doesnt call for those routes (Clemson) the only time a QB like Watson has to show he can make those throws are against air at Combine and Prodays. And he did that. Teams will note he can make the NFL throws Clemson didnt ask him to make.

I am not sure on at least 5 instantly better. I do think there are 4 that can come in and at least give you what TT does with a ceiling to grow too. Unlike TT who i think is at his ceiling. So what you see is what you get with him.

Bobby, long time no talk. Glad to see ya over here.

1-Mahomes

2-Watson

3-Trubisky

4-Kizer

5-Peterman

I'm not high at all on Kizer either.