Bills meeting with Watson tonight

I'd take Wentz over Taylor in a nanosecond, as would all NFL gm's no ?

Avatar bet for next season ? Wentz vs Taylor yards/Td's/wins

2 of 3 categories crown the winner. I wanna see that Eagles green every time you post.

I doubt that many if any would take wentz production over tyrods production in microsecond, week, month or year.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that many if any would take wentz production over tyrods production in microsecond, week, month or year.

You want in on the bet ?

Wentz has "it"

Tyrod is scared to pass the ball, which is why the Bills are meeting with Watson.

Eagles are meeting w weapons to pair w Wentz.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You want in on the bet ?

Wentz has "it"

Tyrod is scared to pass the ball, which is why the Bills are meeting with Watson.

Eagles are meeting w weapons to pair w Wentz.

Yeah, Wentz looks like the real deal. The Eagles are happy as a pig in sh&^.

I'm not too high on Watson. I think there are some red flags with him. He has some accuracy and decision making issues. He struggled badly under pressure (I read a stat after the 2015 season that he was throwing 1 interception every 16 times he was pressured, and I doubt that improved in 2016 since he threw even more int.). He seemed to struggle with the tighter coverage in the red zone (Clemson was ranked very low in red zone efficiency 2 of his 3 years starting). It seemed to me like he also had trouble going through his route progressions at times and I question how well he sees the whole field.

It's nice that he won a big game against Alabama, but Alabama has struggled with Clemson's offense for years it seems. I don't put much stock into that anyway. I heard the same stuff about EJ Manuel, how he won all 4 of the Bowl games he played in and he played his best under the bright lights. Winning a championship in college just doesn't seem like an important trait for NFL QBs to me. How many QBs who won championships in college have had very successful careers in the NFL? The list seems pretty short to me.

He played in an up tempo, gimmicky college spread offense. He wasn't asked to do a whole lot of what NFL QBs need to do, and I don't think he will be able to get away with some of the stuff he did in college. I really question if he will be a good NFL QB or not.

I just don't see how you can spend a top 10 pick on a QB with so many question marks.

I will obviously support whoever the Buffalo Bills QB is, but Watson would not be my choice.

Well said. I'll always remember Saban whining about up tempo offenses being the demise of football. If I remember correctly he went as far as saying that they should be outlawed. Saban's defense simply can't deal with a speed filled uptempo offense. Alabama spends their season playing conference games against subpar QB's running slow paced run based offenses. Watson and Clemson were just a bad matchup for Alabama. Clemson is a mismatch against many other college opponents for the same reason. Watson will not have this advantage in the NFL.

It's stinks how it's always next year's class but when it's time to pull the trigger that year the next class is better so they should wait. I do like next year's class but I'm all in on this class and DW is my choice, I do also like Kiser but only if they miss out on DW. I'd like to see a QB taken from both classes, 2017-2018 and have them battle out for the franchise roll, then trade the loser. I don't think CJ will be anything but trade bait or a backup at most.

Well said.

I'd take Wentz over Taylor in a nanosecond, as would all NFL gm's no ?

Avatar bet for next season ? Wentz vs Taylor yards/Td's/wins

2 of 3 categories crown the winner. I wanna see that Eagles green every time you post.

if the Bills are smart enough to pick up the option we absolutely will discuss a wager based on their performances. wins won't be a part of it though as that is a team stat and not a qb stat.

if the Bills are smart enough to pick up the option we absolutely will discuss a wager based on their performances. wins won't be a part of it though as that is a team stat and not a qb stat.

I would be careful of the passing yards as well as Ryan is very big on that.

Probably want to factor in passing rating, turnovers, stuff like that as those things are much more important then passing yards

Just curious, doesn't a Top 10 pick net you a 5th year on the rookie contract or is it any 1st rounder? This would definitely play a role in picking a QB at 10 with the option for the extra year on the rookie deal.

The financial implications are more likely driving the QB decision, especially nabbing one at 10, than anything else.

Just curious, doesn't a Top 10 pick net you a 5th year on the rookie contract or is it any 1st rounder? This would definitely play a role in picking a QB at 10 with the option for the extra year on the rookie deal.

The financial implications are more likely driving the QB decision, especially nabbing one at 10, than anything else.

Can't look it up right now, but I'm almost positive that it's any 1st round pick contract comes with the 5th year option

Wentz flat out sucked the last half of the year. We have been over this repeatedly but here they are again.

Wentz threw less TDs, more ints, lower ypa, lower QB rating, lower QBR, more sack yards, more fumbles, less rushing yards and tds, and played the 26th hardest schedule in the NFL as opposed to the 10th for the Bills.

Wentz was good for the first 3 weeks against the Browns, Bears, and Steelers. He then went for 11 tds and 14 picks over the next 3 games.

You're of course right, but the flipside is that Wentz still looked pretty good -- ie, throws, field distribution, standing tall, etc. -- while his stats cratered. There is a learning curve to go through, and he had to go through it. He really does look like a long-term franchise qb to me.

You're of course right, but the flipside is that Wentz still looked pretty good -- ie, throws, field distribution, standing tall, etc. -- while his stats cratered. There is a learning curve to go through, and he had to go through it. He really does look like a long-term franchise qb to me.

I appreciate that there is a learning curve. somehow tyrod doesn't get a learning curve with many fans though. I don't get how tyrod has reached his ceiling after 2 years and outperformed Wentz but Wentz is better.

better put... Wentz would have to improve just to be as good as Tyrod was this year. Wentz might be good but he isn't a lock to be.

I would be careful of the passing yards as well as Ryan is very big on that.

Probably want to factor in passing rating, turnovers, stuff like that as those things are much more important then passing yards

yeah we can work out the details. it would be total yards for me as well as other qb specific stats.

I appreciate that there is a learning curve. somehow tyrod doesn't get a learning curve with many fans though. I don't get how tyrod has reached his ceiling after 2 years and outperformed Wentz but Wentz is better.

better put... Wentz would have to improve just to be as good as Tyrod was this year. Wentz might be good but he isn't a lock to be.

yeah we can work out the details. it would be total yards for me as well as other qb specific stats.

Tyrod has been in the league for 6 years now. Wentz just started last year. QB's tend to make the biggest jump in their first 2 years. Tyrod is a finished product.

Don't let him out of the building!

This is classic!

On the thread, prob pretty typical to bring him in. I'd much rather land Trubisky personally. Just glad they are "trying" to address our teams biggest need since Kelly retired. Losman and EJ flopped = keep trying

Who the hell are all the new guys?

We are from the now extinct Buffalo Bills Message Boards. Probably overwhelming for you guys, but glad we had a place to go.

This is classic!

On the thread, prob pretty typical to bring him in. I'd much rather land Trubisky personally. Just glad they are "trying" to address our teams biggest need since Kelly retired. Losman and EJ flopped = keep trying

Glad to see you here McCoy!

We are from the now extinct Buffalo Bills Message Boards. Probably overwhelming for you guys, but glad we had a place to go.

Glad to see you here McCoy!

Thanks JM and you as well.

I've lurked on this site for awhile, seems like a solid atmosphere.

Starting to get pumped up for the draft and to see what this new coaching staff does on D and how they handle the QB position.

Tyrod has been in the league for 6 years now. Wentz just started last year. QB's tend to make the biggest jump in their first 2 years. Tyrod is a finished product.

I've heard that a lot on BBMB, but I am not so sure of that myself. I am sure he is obviously closer to a finished product than Wentz is.

But I'm not so sure that sitting and learning Baltimore's offense prepared him to start with the Bills. He's running a totally different offense in Buffalo, with totally different concepts and routes and receivers etc etc.

Plus, I think/wonder if there are some things that can only be learned/improved upon by actually starting in NFL games. Practice is just different than a live game, and Tyrod only got to throw something like 35 passes in live game action his entire 4 years in Baltimore.

Anyway, just my opinion...

Edited by BillsFan4

Hey, I'm a (moderate) Tyrod fan and think it would be the height of stupidity to get rid of him! As a Nets, Bills, and Sabres fan, I'm not a believer in bottoming out. Basement dwellers have a nasty habit of remaining in basements for very, very long stretches despite high picks. Edited by dave mcbride