Report: The Bills reached out to Nick Saban about HC opening

Bill, You are a creator of nightmares. Since you have spoiled my pleasant dreams I am going to do the same for you. The Bills are going to draft a DB with their first pick in the draft. Payback is a mother! :D

Sadly, this wouldn't surprise me.

Hey, the best part about being a Bills Fan is Bills fans. It sure ain't the coaches and GMs. ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad they should have gone. It worked out pretty well for Jimbo Fisher. Interesting, the guy who replaced Saban at MSU is now on his Alabama staff, Bobby Williams. And Brian Dabol from the

the same MSU staff just signed on to be the new Offensive Cordinator at Alabama.

There is a story when he accepted the job @ LSU, he sent a plane from Baton Rouge back to E Lansing, telling his assistants they all had jobs and to get on the plane when it touched down. The plane came back empty. Not one assistant wanted to follow the great Nick Saban down to LSU. That speaks volumes about what kind of tyrant Nick Saban is.

or Chad Kelly

DW played 2 great games against Alabama, but Chad Kelly made the Alabama D look foolish. I know there's a ton of reasons not to bring CK in but if they're just going to waste their picks anyways why not give him a shot in the later rounds

Too bad they should have gone. It worked out pretty well for Jimbo Fisher. Interesting, the guy who replaced Saban at MSU is now on his Alabama staff, Bobby Williams. And Brian Dabol from the

the same MSU staff just signed on to be the new Offensive Cordinator at Alabama.

Kirby Smart is making a few million too! And thanks for bringing facts and common sense into the equation!!!

Sadly, this wouldn't surprise me.

Hey, the best part about being a Bills Fan is Bills fans. It sure ain't the coaches and GMs. ;)

If Whaley doesn't add a high end qb prospect this year my reservoir of goodwill towards Whaley will have been exhausted. Our new HC has had the time to review the TT tapes. You hear nothing coming from him that indicates that he is impressed by him, not even meaningless platitudes. The Bills are in a position to grab a good qb prospect in this draft. I believe Watkins and Mahomes and more will be available. If the front office doesn't act to address this issue then I will be close to joining your pitchfork ranks against Whaley. I'm not there yet but I'm moving in that direction. Enough is enough.

Leave it to suffering Bills Fans to be wary of one of the greatest football minds in history.

Hey, maybe Marv can come out of retirement and right this ship LOL!!! This apparently would make some folks happier than getting Saban. :)

Bill, you're letting your Bama bias cloud your judgment. The guy has a 15-17 record. He was just another bad NFL coach.

Maybe he would be better his second time like Carroll. Or maybe he would be like Rick Pitno or Coach Cal who struggled in the Pros without having the number 1 recruiting class every year.

If Whaley doesn't add a high end qb prospect this year my reservoir of goodwill towards Whaley will have been exhausted. Our new HC has had the time to review the TT tapes. You hear nothing coming from him that indicates that he is impressed by him, not even meaningless platitudes. The Bills are in a position to grab a good qb prospect in this draft. I believe Watkins and Mahomes and more will be available. If the front office doesn't act to address this issue then I will be close to joining your pitchfork ranks against Whaley. I'm not there yet but I'm moving in that direction. Enough is enough.

I'm with you John, and I actually think TT is a decent quarterback who SHOULD improve this season. Still, nothing is certain and it can never hurt to draft a talented qb. Ernie Accorsi once said that a quarterback is the most important position in the NFL, and that backup quarterback is second. And this was long before the rule changes!

Good post.

Bill, you're letting your Bama bias cloud your judgment. The guy has a 15-17 record. He was just another bad NFL coach.

Maybe he would be better his second time like Carroll. Or maybe he would be like Rick Pitno or Coach Cal who struggled in the Pros without having the number 1 recruiting class every year.

Gee im trying to think of another NFL coach who did better on his second try, but for some reason I just cant quite think of his name...I think Saban might have even worked under him and displays the same behaviors that make that coach successful, but oh well maybe I'll remember later.

Gee im trying to think of another NFL coach who did better on his second try, but for some reason I just cant quite think of his name...I think Saban might have even worked under him and displays the same behaviors that make that coach successful, but oh well maybe I'll remember later.

Doug Maroon, obviously.

There is a story when he accepted the job @ LSU, he sent a plane from Baton Rouge back to E Lansing, telling his assistants they all had jobs and to get on the plane when it touched down. The plane came back empty. Not one assistant wanted to follow the great Nick Saban down to LSU. That speaks volumes about what kind of tyrant Nick Saban is.

Yeah they all decided to stay with Bobbie Williams. Looking back the wrong decision but you got to remember back then Nicj Saban didn't have the National Championships under his belt. They all probably thought he was an intollerable jerk who couldn't win the big one. The assistants now still probably think he is a jerk but he carries a bit more clout with him given the past 10 years or so.

Are you talking about a guy who coached consistently in the NFL after he got fired? Because if you don't recognize that college and pro football are completely different animals, I don't know what to tell you. Besides the insane advantage of getting #1 recruiting classes every year, you are a god to college players. A lot of guys don't have much money in college and a coach could threaten to pull their scholarship or trash them to NFL teams. The Dareus Saban had in college is a much different one than the Bills have.

Are you talking about a guy who coached consistently in the NFL after he got fired? Because if you don't recognize that college and pro football are completely different animals, I don't know what to tell you. Besides the insane advantage of getting #1 recruiting classes every year, you are a god to college players. A lot of guys don't have much money in college and a coach could threaten to pull their scholarship or trash them to NFL teams. The Dareus Saban had in college is a much different one than the Bills have.

ha, yeah so you're having a hard time recognizing how shortbus your opinion is on this. it's ok. and if you think that Saban wouldn't get the most out of Dareus, you just really don't know anything about either of those men, or football and should go back to banning dancing or whatever else you do for fun

Jonathan Allen thinks Saban is a good man. And FWIW, Allen is NOT going to be like Dareus, he's a great kid.

http://gridironnow.com/alabamas-jonathan-allen-pens-heartfelt-goodbye-letter-to-school/

Why would anyone doubt Saban wouldn't have nearly the success (and huge advantages) in the NFL that he enjoys at Alabama? Even he knows his limitations. He's been there before and knew he was out of his league--literally.

He could command any price to be HC in the NFL, yet he turns down any interest. His message is clear. Why are so many here arguing with Saban on this?

Jonathan Allen thinks Saban is a good man. And FWIW, Allen is NOT going to be like Dareus, he's a great kid.

http://gridironnow.com/alabamas-jonathan-allen-pens-heartfelt-goodbye-letter-to-school/

Is a guy entering the draft going to trash his college coach? And Dareus is a great guy who overcame a lot. Getting your brother murdered might affect you.

ha, yeah so you're having a hard time recognizing how shortbus your opinion is on this. it's ok. and if you think that Saban wouldn't get the most out of Dareus, you just really don't know anything about either of those men, or football and should go back to banning dancing or whatever else you do for fun

15-17. But I should just take your "short bus" opinion as a gospel.