Free Agents 2017 edition

CommonCents

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rams use franchise tag on Trumaine Johnson for second straight year
Johnson will become the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL if he doesn't sign a long-term deal

Trumaine Johnson will likely be spending at least one more year in Los Angeles. The Rams announced on Wednesday that they will use the franchise tag on Johnson for the second consecutive season.

i don't know. Maybe somewhere like that only.

I just don't see it. He's not being viewed as a "veteran bridge type" like Hoyer or Foles and they are certain to try to get a young guy. Where does that leave him. I honestly think there's a decent chance that he is not in the NFL in 2017.

@jasoncoleBR

According to agent who reps a free agent safety, expect #Cardinals S Tony Jefferson to avg about $7M per year. Others at about $5.5M per

i keep thinking about him on the team.

i have a hard time doing this in mcd's defense without having a better option at cb. we need robey's zone coverage ability in a better and bigger cb body.

i keep thinking about him on the team.

i have a hard time doing this in mcd's defense without having a better option at cb. we need robey's zone coverage ability in a better and bigger cb body.

Cyprien from the Jags is also a good S at FA.

do we overspend at cb to compensate for s or do we overspend at s to compensate for cb?

overspend in talent = $

Thats a good point. I know CB is a higher valued position than S. Whatever they do in FA will tell us what the goals are in the draft. If they go S in FA and over spend, then we def take a CB, or vice versa. Everyone is saying this draft is deep at S, so they might go CB in FA. Also since we are going with the 4-3 cover 3 zone scheme, we can pick up an undervalued CB who shines in zone coverage. This is what happened to Ross Cockrell remember him? We let him go cuz Rex ran a lot of man-man coverage and Ross was a Zone CB, thats also why he flourished on the Steelers and went from CB5 to CB2 or 3 over there.

Thats a good point. I know CB is a higher valued position than S. Whatever they do in FA will tell us what the goals are in the draft. If they go S in FA and over spend, then we def take a CB, or vice versa. Everyone is saying this draft is deep at S, so they might go CB in FA. Also since we are going with the 4-3 cover 3 zone scheme, we can pick up an undervalued CB who shines in zone coverage. This is what happened to Ross Cockrell remember him? We let him go cuz Rex ran a lot of man-man coverage and Ross was a Zone CB, thats also why he flourished on the Steelers and went from CB5 to CB2 or 3 over there.

it becomes is a very good safety more valuable than a good safety? is an elite safety better than an excellent cb?

looking back on it its like jabari greer. we thought we'd let greer go to concentrate on keeping winfield or clements and lost both.

we let cockrell go and a few others and now may lose gilmore.

it becomes is a very good safety more valuable than a good safety? is an elite safety better than an excellent cb?

looking back on it its like jabari greer. we thought we'd let greer go to concentrate on keeping winfield or clements and lost both.

This is why it feels like we always draft DB. We almost never keep anyone. I was really mad we let Searcy walk with no back up plan.

Cockrell would probably fit in the zone scheme, another failure because of the Rex experiment. He played fairly well

in Pitt last season.